1x group text chat broke on my 2 android viewers

Electorite

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1287 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i've been using phone viewers in sl for literally years every day.  just yesterday the main group i chat in does not show any group chat at all.  i'm actually the original creator of the group and the group has been around for years.  nobody else seems to have this issue.  with my phone viewer other groups work fine.  i even tried leaving and rejoining the group and it's the same issue.  i tried lumiya and mobile grid client and it's the same issue.  again, i can send group texts to everyone and it shows up in the group chat, but my own texts and other's texts do not show up in the group text chat.  i honestly don't know how to fix the issue.  why would this be the same problem with different viewers?  the only conclusion i can come to is it's an issue with an sl server or something with my avatar.  leaving and rejoining the group should have fixed any problems, but it didn't.  

i'm using a j3 star and the latest versions of lumiya and mobile grid client

any suggestions or help would be appreciated.  

2 answers to this question

for completeness, i found if you create a new account or switch accounts it magically works.  it's not a solution, but that narrows it down to a problem with second life.  shouldn't there be a way to purge or redo the problematic hidden script which is causing this issue?  it seems like a simple solution the 1x programmer at second life should have thought of by now.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1287 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.