Grey Undertone on BOM skin

AfroKweenM

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1286 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, AfroKweenM said:

Okay I figured it out y’all!

it turns out the face glow was the cause of the weird lighting on the skin. It’s now completely gone. This forum is so useful and y’all are great. Thank you all 💕

You probably have the materials sliders on your head up too high. The effects will show up more strongly on darker skins so if you've recently switched from a lighter skin you'll certainly notice it more.

But you don't have to turn materials or advanced lighting off completely. Depending on the make of head you have, there is probably a slider on the hud to control the level of glossiness. So you can just dial it down a bit, rather than turn it off entirely. I'm sure that skin will look absolutely lovely with just a subtle shine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

You probably have the materials sliders on your head up too high. The effects will show up more strongly on darker skins so if you've recently switched from a lighter skin you'll certainly notice it more.

But you don't have to turn materials or advanced lighting off completely. Depending on the make of head you have, there is probably a slider on the hud to control the level of glossiness. So you can just dial it down a bit, rather than turn it off entirely. I'm sure that skin will look absolutely lovely with just a subtle shine.

Thank you for the tip! When BOM gets fixed I'll give that a try ☺️

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1286 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.