Skin is grey

xBFFx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

35 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

It's been going on for several hours; there was a bake fail earlier they thought was resolved, around 1-2PM SLT, but they learned about 30 minutes or so after they thought it was resolved that it was... not.

That about when I logged in but I relogged and was fine

8 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

That about when I logged in but I relogged and was fine

I've still got it.  I can force a fix, thankfully, but it's still an ongoing issue at least on whatever server I'm using; TPs aren't fixing it.  So... fingers crossed that it will improve while I'm away at the physical office running payroll :)

@Horus Salubrius, I ended up consulting the Firestorm wiki on bake fails sometime last night:  https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_bake_fail

Yes, it was systemic, but I had hope, so I ended up TPing to Hippo Hollow, and hit up Developer > Avatar > Character Tests > Test Female.  When I saw the base avatar came through with all colors intact, I tried putting on my usual skin and shape, along with my mesh body and head, but the baked on clothing would not disappear.  To counteract that, I ended up making a folder I called "Bake Fail" (because obvious works for me) with a skin from one of the Library Avatars (Girl Next Door), the shape that went with that avatar, brow shaper, and system eyes.

I then right-clicked on the folder and selected "Replace Current Outfit".  That worked, and from there I was able to change out the library skin for my preferred (I did have to use Advanced > Rebake Textures), then put on my usual shape and added my mesh, eye alpha, and attendant accessories from there.

@xBFFx, since about 8AM SLT, I've been able to relog to my avatar still having her skin, so I believe the problem may be resolved at this time.

Edited to add:  well, according to others who've posted, clearly it's NOT yet solved.  Ugh.  But I'm seeing progress at least.

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
Updating for new information.
  • Thanks 1

As of right now (09:110 SLT) it's not resolved. Forcing a texture refresh does not appear to work at all, but changing outfit and then re-logging did.

It's not just baked textures either; I also had difficulty removing worn attachments; re-logging fixed that too.

1 minute ago, Maitimo said:

As of right now (09:110 SLT) it's not resolved. Forcing a texture refresh does not appear to work at all, but changing outfit and then re-logging did.

It's not just baked textures either; I also had difficulty removing worn attachments; re-logging fixed that too.

This has just been the weirdest issue; last night even relogging did nothing for me, and the forced texture refresh wasn't helpful either. 

I hope it's resolved soon.  I'd like to smack some makeup back on my avatar's face.  And her tattoos, too.  That would be cool.

11 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

I ended up TPing to Hippo Hollow, and hit up Developer > Avatar > Character Tests > Test Female.  When I saw the base avatar came through with all colors intact, I tried putting on my usual skin and shape, along with my mesh body and head, but the baked on clothing would not disappear.  To counteract that, I ended up making a folder I called "Bake Fail" (......

Thanks for this.  I have an old system avi saved as an outfit & he appears fine but I'll just wait it out for the time being as polygon man.

8 minutes ago, Horus Salubrius said:

Thanks for this.  I have an old system avi saved as an outfit & he appears fine but I'll just wait it out for the time being as polygon man.

You're more than welcome :)  this has just been a massive PITA.  I've got a set to go to tonight, and I'm wondering if maybe this is the night I should just wear the boxwine costume I bought...

1 minute ago, Janet Voxel said:

Yup logged in with two AO's, two different tops on and tried to change my makeup, stayed gray for five minutes and logged right on out.

I was playing with free dance effects & had to hide in a sky box because I couldn't stop the lasers from shooting out my hands !   Those thing cause seizures. 

1 minute ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

I've got a set to go to tonight, and I'm wondering if maybe this is the night I should just wear the boxwine costume I bought...

The free ghost costume on MP works & it fades in & out, so you can put a ghastly system thing on underneath for double the fun.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.