Jump to content

Recommended Posts

20201014_BOM_failed.thumb.png.aef5d62da01f6082e5f7b9ee20b17ffc.png

BOM... BOM... BOM... failure all day. Neither Force Appearance Update/Rebake nor disabling and enabling BOM on body and head fixes it.

Anyone else experience same?

 

Firestorm 6.3.9 (58205) May 27 2020 01:20:51 (64bit) (Firestorm-Releasex64) with Havok support
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (2808 MHz)
Memory: 16341 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 19041.572)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1060/PCIe/SSE2

SIM Ping 170-175 ms

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rachel1206 said:

20201014_BOM_failed.thumb.png.aef5d62da01f6082e5f7b9ee20b17ffc.png

BOM... BOM... BOM... failure all day. Neither Force Appearance Update/Rebake nor disabling and enabling BOM on body and head fixes it.

Anyone else experience same?

 

Firestorm 6.3.9 (58205) May 27 2020 01:20:51 (64bit) (Firestorm-Releasex64) with Havok support
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (2808 MHz)
Memory: 16341 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 19041.572)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1060/PCIe/SSE2

SIM Ping 170-175 ms

 

Yes, I have definitely had this as well though infrequently.  My solution is to take off the last thing I added and then re-add it again.  So far it has caused a rebake which has worked 100% after that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Switch skin and see if that helps.

It does not - neither removing/adding BOM tattoo, makeup - BOM layer just baked gray.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Yes, I have definitely had this as well though infrequently.  My solution is to take off the last thing I added and then re-add it again.  So far it has caused a rebake which has worked 100% after that.

Tried above, still not working :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried taking off everything but the skin and see if that at least works?
What about a relog?
Could you be experiencing network issues?

Your problem seems different to mine in that what I observe is always transient and easily fixed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Have you tried taking off everything but the skin and see if that at least works?
What about a relog?
Could you be experiencing network issues?

Your problem seems different to mine in that what I observe is always transient and easily fixed.

Cleared cache - relog, tried naked base body -  and even the standard Linden avatar Bitsy look like this:

20101014_skin_failure.thumb.png.d62d234375cb1240a3a877f622c68a4b.png

Ok, local ping to IP 9 ms, download 200 Mpbs - but upload only 5 Mpbs, which should be same as download, so could be my IP having troubles.

Edit: OK confirmed problems by Linden Lab: "Investigating - We are currently experiencing issues with bake services, and avatars may experience trouble changing outfits or will also appear as a cloud while this maintenance is in progress. Please check this blog for further updates.

Oct 14, 15:19 PDT"
 

 

Edited by Rachel1206
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stenoswuff said:

Still not resolved even after the fix they have implemented ...

It works for me now - try and disable, enable BOM on your body/head. And TP into another region.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rachel1206 said:

It works for me now - try and disable, enable BOM on your body/head. And TP into another region.

Thanks for the info and I'm glad it works for you, but I've just tried and still the same, even on few different viewers. I guess I have to wait a bit more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stenoswuff said:

Thanks for the info and I'm glad it works for you, but I've just tried and still the same, even on few different viewers. I guess I have to wait a bit more.

 

1 hour ago, yojmoj said:

Same issue for me too. Logged on last night and was having problems, but read that they were implementing a fix. Logged on today and still the same problem. 

OK, on the Linden Lab grid status page, the incident on Bake Services Maintenance is still open, as they are working on it.

 Fingers crossed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Investigating
We’re aware that the issue with avatar rendering is still ongoing. Our engineering teams are actively working on the issue. We’ll post updates on the status page as we have them. We’re sorry for the ongoing issues.
Posted 2 hours ago. Oct 15, 2020 - 09:47 PDT
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Rachel1206 said:

Anyone else experience same?

Yes, all the time now. And it's not just me seeing it that way, others see my avi that way too when the error hits. It's not BOM itself, it's avatar textures and alphas failing to load.

The only thing I've found to work is to switch to the official viewer, go to a low lag palce and do the regular bake failure routines. Strangely nothing I try to do in Firestorm will help.

Edited by ChinRey
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cc501 said:

Having the same problem again...
The mesh doesn't load at all when I change outfits

According to Oz Linden's blog post, they've fixed the problem.

"

  • Bake Failures
    Wednesday and especially Thursday of this past week were bad days for avatar appearance, and we're very much aware of how important that is. The avatar bake service has actually been uplifted for some time - it wasn't moving it that caused the problem, but another change to a related service. The good news is that thanks to a great cross-team effort during those two days we were able to determine why an apparently unrelated simulator update triggered the problem and got a fix deployed Thursday night. 

You can read his entire update here:

I have noticed that textures are very slow to load. Coupled with a bit of network lag, the loading might be giving up on timeouts?

Certainly check out your network performance.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@cc501- there is a whole bagful of possibilities that may be causing this. Try logging in to a very quiet area like HATTON, give things a few moments to settle down, then go to your viewer's Help menu -> About [viewer name] -> Copy to clipboard, then paste that in a post here. There may be some clues in that information that might help.

No promises, but at least we'll know exactly what the situation is so far as the basics go. Hatton is an undersea region with very low texture loadings, You'll stand your best chance of staying connected there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it fixed now?

Clothes changing in SL could be more graceful. You get to see all the intermediate states as the baking server grinds.

Compare Fortnite:

Clothes changing in Fortnite Party. Takes about as long as in SL, and works like Editing Appearance, but looks more polished.

(If we could tell from LSL when appearance changes have completed, we could have changing booths like this in SL. Useful for stores.)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, animats said:

Is it fixed now?

Clothes changing in SL could be more graceful. You get to see all the intermediate states as the baking server grinds.

Compare Fortnite:

Clothes changing in Fortnite Party. Takes about as long as in SL, and works like Editing Appearance, but looks more polished.

(If we could tell from LSL when appearance changes have completed, we could have changing booths like this in SL. Useful for stores.)

Yes, works flawless again. If ppl still have problems - try and disable/enable BOM on body/head with the HUD for the body. Alternative/detach or add base BOM element as for example skin or tattoo. Further TP to another region and back if still problems.

In all fairness we have Appearance with optional outfit gallery - many product are delivered with poster, which can be used (saving the 10 L$ upload) . Personally I use descriptive naming of my outfit with makers name at end - for example: Lara - Casual Jeans & Shirt - Blueberry.

Changing outfit only one click away - challenge is to organize in my case 300+ outfits logical and naming descriptive and with easy to find keywords.

Room for improvement? Yes, I would say we will see improved Appearance/Outfit handling, as user ideas and inputs get to the developers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...