How does your creative process work?

Pryda Parx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was wondering how other filmmakers start out with a new work. I generally (not always) like to start with a striking image, I think through the style and composition for that one frame then build the rest of the story from there. For example here are some of the initial idea from some of my films:

Striking Images

I'd love to hear about the creative process for others of you in this forum.

for music video, it is a song. I might spend hours listening to music to find something, or use a song I know and really like, then try to formulate a idea from there, Sometimes its easy, sometimes it might take a couple years for an idea to come to me for a particular song...

on more general sim tour vids, well i suppose thats easy its a cool sim but then trying to find music for it can be hard sometimes

I've not tried a music machinima yet, I might. It seem like it might be expensive with good quality bodies, animations and props. Everything I've done here has been with the things I've made or freebies from the marketplace.

I like the idea with thinking through the song first or all, I did something similar with a Blender animation a while back, Fish Go Deep, Cure and the Cause.

What would be the typical cost of a music video Macedonio or Jackson?

'cost' can vary alot. alot of us old timers have a huge inventory of stuff we can use, but maybe a new skin and hair for the avi, sometimes new clothes, animations are hard to find what you want sometimes but that might add up. Im thinking on average I might spend about 1k L on a video - sometimes alot less, sometimes more

I'm working on a music video now. So far I've spent a  lot of lindens lol. Two days work so far and all I've done is work on sets and avatars. Can't wait to get the filming started. But yea if somebody already had the sets and avatars ready, be a lot faster and cheaper. I have a bunch of empty rooms in my houses as I just started playing second life again. 

• 3 weeks later...

It took me a long time to find my style. In the early days, I improvised, going "where the heart takes you." Then I realized that it was not enough and needed to master the technique, both inworld and post-processing. My style is currently a vlog, so first a short introduction, then the acronym, and finally the video itself. The video develops it as a sequence of shots that capture my attention, focusing on specific small points to leave the background blurred. This technique is also useful because it is easy to understand what you want to communicate. The videos I prefer are those about destinations.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.