Absent docs on land purchase...

StarliteTech

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, StarliteTech said:

I have been premium for a month.  i am not able to purchase land following the limited instructions available on forum and off.  please send the marines.  (last place i surveyed which i couldn't purchase was under water...)

thanks.

Can you give an example of what/where you are trying to buy and how are you trying to buy it?   The property must be Mainland and must be set For Sale.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
spelling (of course)

18 minutes ago, StarliteTech said:

I have been premium for a month.  i am not able to purchase land following the limited instructions available on forum and off.  please send the marines.  (last place i surveyed which i couldn't purchase was under water...)

thanks.

and sized at 1024 or less.

ETA:  Semper Fi

Edited by RowanMinx

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Technically, it only has to be 1024 or less if you've not bumped up the Land Use level.  But doing so and buying larger will incur monthly charges.

Sorry, I assumed they were loo looking for something within the free category.  My bad.

Hi @StarliteTech!

It's really not hard.  Let's go through ALL the steps to make sure.

• Verify that you really are a Premium member.  Go to the Account section of your Dashboard page on this website. Check the Account Summary page.
  • Verify that you have a payment method on file, and that it's valid (no expired credit cards!)
  • Find some land for sale.  Use two tools for this, the world map and Search.  In Search, click the Land and Rentals tab, then click View All Land and Rentals. 
    • In the filters section on the left, check "Mainland" and "For Sale".  Set limits on size and price as you wish.
    • When you find a result you like, click it to get its location and teleport there for a closer inspection
  • You can use the Map too.  Check the "Land Sale" box in the map's legend.  Parcels for sale will show up as yellow.
  • You can buy land via the Auctions.  See: https://places.secondlife.com/auctions?lang=en-US#0
    • Be sure you read the FAQs before bidding, and always go see the parcel in person before you bid, too.
  • Once you're on the land, right click the ground and choose About Land, or use the World menu and choose Parcel Details
    • In the General tab of the About Land window, look for "Type".  Verify that it is Mainland.
    • Check the boundaries.  Make them visible with World/Show More/Property Lines.  Open About Land for the surrounding parcels and see who your potential neighbors are.
    • Check the land's size in About Land, General tab.  Check the prim allowance by looking in the Objects tab for Parcel Land Capacity.  Most 1024 parcels will say 703.
    • Check performance.  How many frames per second are you getting?  Check this while facing in different directions.
    • Fly up.  Check your surroundings at different altitudes.  Do any of the neighbors have objectionable skyboxes?
  • If everything looks good and the price is acceptable, click the Buy button in the About Land window, General tab.  Follow the instructions to complete the purchase.
  • If you're trying to do something more complex, like buying the land for group ownership, or if you are getting an error message or something you don't understand, IM me in world.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Check the land's size in About Land, General tab.  Check the prim allowance by looking in the Objects tab for Parcel Land Capacity.  Most 1024 parcels will say 703.

Almost all mainland parcels will allow 351 prims for a 1024 sqm parcel. 1024 on double-prim land gives you 703.

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2020 at 9:19 AM, Lindal Kidd said:

Hi @StarliteTech!

It's really not hard.  Let's go through ALL the steps to make sure.

• Verify that you really are a Premium member.  Go to the Account section of your Dashboard page on this website. Check the Account Summary page.
  • Verify that you have a payment method on file, and that it's valid (no expired credit cards!)
  • Find some land for sale.  Use two tools for this, the world map and Search.  In Search, click the Land and Rentals tab, then click View All Land and Rentals. 
    • In the filters section on the left, check "Mainland" and "For Sale".  Set limits on size and price as you wish.
    • When you find a result you like, click it to get its location and teleport there for a closer inspection
  • You can use the Map too.  Check the "Land Sale" box in the map's legend.  Parcels for sale will show up as yellow.
  • You can buy land via the Auctions.  See: https://places.secondlife.com/auctions?lang=en-US#0
    • Be sure you read the FAQs before bidding, and always go see the parcel in person before you bid, too.
  • Once you're on the land, right click the ground and choose About Land, or use the World menu and choose Parcel Details
    • In the General tab of the About Land window, look for "Type".  Verify that it is Mainland.
    • Check the boundaries.  Make them visible with World/Show More/Property Lines.  Open About Land for the surrounding parcels and see who your potential neighbors are.
    • Check the land's size in About Land, General tab.  Check the prim allowance by looking in the Objects tab for Parcel Land Capacity.  Most 1024 parcels will say 703.
    • Check performance.  How many frames per second are you getting?  Check this while facing in different directions.
    • Fly up.  Check your surroundings at different altitudes.  Do any of the neighbors have objectionable skyboxes?
  • If everything looks good and the price is acceptable, click the Buy button in the About Land window, General tab.  Follow the instructions to complete the purchase.
  • If you're trying to do something more complex, like buying the land for group ownership, or if you are getting an error message or something you don't understand, IM me in world.

Thank you. I guess I was on the right track; though it is not hard, it is extremely involved.  I do not find SL to be a leisurely activity.

thank you for pointing me straight.

38 minutes ago, StarliteTech said:

Thank you. I guess I was on the right track; though it is not hard, it is extremely involved.  I do not find SL to be a leisurely activity.

thank you for pointing me straight.

It can be overwhelming at the start but in a few months, you may find it to be relaxing.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.