Is it possible to add "Terrain" to the EEP skybox?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1258 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As the title states, is it possible to add terrain to the EEP skybox? The main reason why I am asking here, is that prim based skyboxes... generally don't work very well. The idea behind a skybox is that it's far away enough from the camera that the user is able to get a sense of a greater world around them, but not see the loony toons style perspective differential when they are up close and about to run into a wall.

Think of it like a modern game, where the map is small. But you see mountains, and forests off in the background that are all simply part of the skybox to help make the world feel more complete.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2020 at 1:10 AM, Cyrule Adder said:

As the title states, is it possible to add terrain to the EEP skybox? The main reason why I am asking here, is that prim based skyboxes... generally don't work very well. The idea behind a skybox is that it's far away enough from the camera that the user is able to get a sense of a greater world around them, but not see the loony toons style perspective differential when they are up close and about to run into a wall.

Think of it like a modern game, where the map is small. But you see mountains, and forests off in the background that are all simply part of the skybox to help make the world feel more complete.

Try Landscapes Unlimited

On 11/4/2020 at 1:12 PM, Penny Patton said:

I think Cyrule is asking if this is a feasible feature LL could add to EEP in the future. And it's not a bad suggestion, either. There are sim surround terrain skyboxes, and they have their uses, but they also have their own limits and setbacks.

It would be an interesting feature to have. And the problem with Sim Surround is the limits and setbacks. If I am not mistaken, it's also an additional expense. Where most people work around this by a different means.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1258 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.