inventory search not properly working, fixes, workarounds?

Clare Evergarden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I've been dealing with a sort of bug, issue, glitch, I don't know what to call it but I've been wondering if any one else has had this issue and has found a fix or work around, searching for it on forums and the like just leads me to other problems other uses are having but no the same issue,

Anyways, the issue I'm having is every once, well its more like every other time, but when I want to quickly get to the folder of something I'm wearing, I use the Wearing tab in the Appearance window and just right click the item and select <Show Original>, half the time it does so, but the other half of the time it just scrolls down to the bottom of my inventory, and will continue to do so every time thus after, not always on that one item, it just randomly decides " Nope, bottom of the inventory " instead of showing me the right folder, it seems to open the folder, but its like it forgets to stop at the folder when it scrolls,

Is this one of SL's old bugs that LL just ignores, is there a user fix or work around, having to manually scroll down to find the right folder is heh yeah such a this gen first world SL problem, and I feel silly to post about this but its happen enough over the years that, I just had to....

I'm sure clearing my cache or relogging would probably fix this issue, which I do often, perhaps not enough but I'd hate that to be the only fix, kind of hoping someone has a better fix...

Anyways?

Thanks!

I have the same issue when selecting a landmark from the "Places" floater. Open floater, click once, and it jumps to the bottom. Or click on a landmark and it may not let you scroll, only jumping back to where it was after you release the mouse button. Though you see this in one kind of inventory window, and I see it in another kind, it is all related. A fix is coming soon, according to the recent viewer commits from LL.

On 10/12/2020 at 12:08 AM, Criss Requiem said:

So I've been dealing with a sort of bug, issue, glitch, I don't know what to call it but I've been wondering if any one else has had this issue and has found a fix or work around, searching for it on forums and the like just leads me to other problems other uses are having but no the same issue,

Anyways, the issue I'm having is every once, well its more like every other time, but when I want to quickly get to the folder of something I'm wearing, I use the Wearing tab in the Appearance window and just right click the item and select <Show Original>, half the time it does so, but the other half of the time it just scrolls down to the bottom of my inventory, and will continue to do so every time thus after, not always on that one item, it just randomly decides " Nope, bottom of the inventory " instead of showing me the right folder, it seems to open the folder, but its like it forgets to stop at the folder when it scrolls,

Is this one of SL's old bugs that LL just ignores, is there a user fix or work around, having to manually scroll down to find the right folder is heh yeah such a this gen first world SL problem, and I feel silly to post about this but its happen enough over the years that, I just had to....

I'm sure clearing my cache or relogging would probably fix this issue, which I do often, perhaps not enough but I'd hate that to be the only fix, kind of hoping someone has a better fix...

Anyways?

Thanks!

It's curious how some are affected by this bug, while others are not. If you use the Show in Main View option from the Worn tab of Inventory (instead of Appearance), does that work for you? 

Edited by Willow Wilder
corrected name of option

4 hours ago, Willow Wilder said:

It's curious how some are affected by this bug, while others are not. If you use the Show in Main View option from the Worn tab of Inventory (instead of Appearance), does that work for you? 

The only time I seen as described by OP, is when the item in question is in Received Item and not in the Inventory.

Edited by Rachel1206

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.