Why do my teeth suddenly look like this?

Elphaba Broome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

All of a sudden, my teeth appeared as in the picture below.  It does not matter whtat skin I wear, the teeth look the same.  I'm using slink redux body with slink head.  Teeth are switched on in the HUD.  I tried the slink add on fangs and appearance is the same.  Help please. It seems to have happened after the latest Linden viewer update. 

Snapshot _ Kiamo Ko, Ermus (59, 24, 4002) - Moderate.png

3 hours ago, Elphaba Broome said:

All of a sudden, my teeth appeared as in the picture below.  It does not matter whtat skin I wear, the teeth look the same.  I'm using slink redux body with slink head.  Teeth are switched on in the HUD.  I tried the slink add on fangs and appearance is the same.  Help please. It seems to have happened after the latest Linden viewer update. 

Snapshot _ Kiamo Ko, Ermus (59, 24, 4002) - Moderate.png

Relog. That has happened to me in the past when sl was older. It has begun to happen again in the last ... year, or so right before bom came out when it was in "beta" and since it has come out. Just relog. :) Hope this helps. it has helped me. :( I wish they'd fix this. GRR! :( 😆 AAAHHH!

• Like 1

The teeth are showing a corrupted texture. This is common with some graphics drivers. It is difficult to now if the cache file is corrupt or the driver just hiccupped when reading the file.

Go with the simple fixes first. Relog, driver update, and last clear cache.

With drivers you sometimes have to regress to an older driver to fix a problem. Search the forum for your graphics card. If there is a known SL problem, there will be some people talking about it. If no one is posting about it, it is unlikely your driver that is the problem.

You can use the free GPU-Z app to get information on your graphics hardware.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I had tried clearing my cache before posting here, without favorable results.  After a couple of re logs it seems to have resolved.  I have a program which checks for outdated drivers, and none were found.  And no, Maryanne Solo, I have not been eating candy.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.