Can't get rid of these little things in my head

AfroKweenM

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently bought a Genus head and Legacy body, as well as skins for it. Initially, I didn't see any issues; but now there's little things sticking at the back of my head. I don't know why they are there and they will not go away. They appear whether I am wearing a hairbase or not; I even turned off the layer and they are still there. Help is greatly appreciated!

74LXs4R.png4XPdDVV.png

It’s your brow shape.

Hopefully, it’s mod; if it is edit it, resize it to zero and put a transparent texture on it.

If it’s not, find one that is and use that and resize and make that one transparent.

If that doesn’t work, it may be your head shape that needs a little tweaking. Usually, it’s your brow though.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

That's your brow shaper.  Edit outfit, brow..the little icon that looks like a wig.  Turn down the "hair" length.

2 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

It’s your brow shape.

Hopefully, it’s mod; if it is edit it, resize it to zero and put a transparent texture on it.

If it’s not, find one that is and use that and resize and make that one transparent.

If that doesn’t work, it may be your head shape that needs a little tweaking. Usually, it’s your brow though.

OMG THANK YOU BOTH!!! I was pulling my own hair out trying to figure it out for a while haha

• Like 1

A little SL history lesson that will explain how your brow shape causes hair to stick out of the back of your head:

What we now call the brow-shaper used to be called a ‘bald cap’ or ‘bald base’. Pre-mesh head we all used these not only to shape our system brows but also to remove the fugly system hair. When mesh heads became a thing, we started wearing alpha layers that completely hid our system avatars, so we forgot all about that fugly system hair (it’s hidden by alphas, after all). Some creators got a little bit lax and stopped either replacing the hair texture with a full alpha one, or didn’t set the volume sliders to zero, focusing instead on just changing the brow sliders. Now that we have to remove our alpha layers in order for BOM to work we’re suddenly seeing that ‘helmet head’ hair again, and you're seeing which creators forgot those other settings.

• Like 2

With a lot of those 'old SL default things' if you can set a texture for them, put in the 'default transparency texture' - it will help hide a LOT of junk.

Very often when I buy some product there's some stupid box prim inside my body as a result of it that has a 1024x1024 texture applied to it. After 90-million of those are attached, you can lag into a block of solid ice while not actually appearing to have anything on... so if they're mod... I also replace those with the 'default transparency texture'...

14 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

With a lot of those 'old SL default things' if you can set a texture for them, put in the 'default transparency texture' - it will help hide a LOT of junk.

You can do that, yes, but for the system hairbase it's not a good idea because you'll end up with this:

Add the transparent texture, by all means, but the volume sliders need to be zeroed as well in this case. We've seen quite a few cases of this in the Catwa group, since - if the system hairbase volume isn't reduced to zero but merely hidden with an alpha - you effectively have a large alpha 'halo' around your head that can interfere with anything from applier makeup, applier eyes, and even mesh hair with built-in hairbases.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.