Marketplace being wonky?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For the past couple days my friend and I have been dealing with some noticeable slowness (5-10 seconds to load a page, normally instant) on the Marketplace, anybody else? The forum and other SL pages are completely fine.

The grid status page doesn't mention anything, but requests to slm-assets.secondlife.com are almost timing out, causing thumbnails and other parts of the page to occasionally not load.

MP pages loading slowly or getting various error messages, especially one about too much load or too activity or something along those lines.  For me, it has been happening for a few days now.   

Trying to get the 'Get your home' page to load has been equally frustrating -- super, super long load times, intermixed with errors.

6 minutes ago, Chaser Zaks said:

Just talked with support about it, they are apparently performing maintenance on it right now.

Related bug: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-229434

Doing maintenance without notifying anyone via Grid Status -- or even acknowledging there is an issue:

image.png.a35af64f9dfd6995f4cb0e1610ad68f3.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chaser Zaks said:

I presume there is some sort of internal smoke tests they have to do to confirm the issue is genuinely on their end before updating the status page. They seem to have updated the status page just now: https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/bntfy597f1hb

Being brutally honest with my own opinion on this: They very well should make sure it is on their end before putting anything on the Status page.

I've often enough seen users gripe about an issue here in the forum, only for it to turn around and be something out of Linden Lab's control ... 

And even then people will still gripe about things despite the clear message that all they can do is sit back and keep an eye on things.

And before anyone jumps on me for this response, sit the heck down and read it properly, taking note that nowhere have I excused them for failing to notify the user base or for issues that are genuinely on their end.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChinRey said:

I get this error message every single time I log on to SL now. That's with an alt that does not have an MP store and hasn't bought anything on MP for months!

bilde.png.38bcc99a2f738ceeeb42345472685d93.png

Wish I read this thread before starting one about that same message. At least its nothing I did 😁

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.