Two Different Emails Sent from Second Life/Linden Lab ?

JavierCampo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

:)  Hi everyone, I have an issue with two different emails I was sent to me through my personal email address in the past few days, the first one asked me to verify my email address, and I thought I did or maybe I didn't, so are the details below genuine?  The second email was the weird one, and they told me to create an account for me, but I already have one, then they said that they were going to delete my e-mail address and not contact me again if I don't take action.  I couldn't find customer support specifically about this, only about transaction and etc. inquiries.  Below is a link of the two images I uploaded on my Twitter profile just as they appeared so that you see that it's proof of what I claim.  It should show up right away, it's under the "Tweets" section.  Thanks.

https://twitter.com/JavierCampoJr3

10 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, JavierCampo said:

I uploaded on my Twitter profile

if you want help you should set those images public, it says only approved followers can view those

On content only i think the email verification cán be a valid one, if your email is already verified(you can see at your accountpage, it's however doubtfull..
The second one ... no idea yet ... seeing it might give more info... sounds strange to me

Edited by Alwin Alcott

I don't know, my account doesn't say exactly, but it says something like "Your profile is 100% complete", highlighted in green, I think it was in the "Overview" section.  However, the "Email" section is empty, so I guess that would be the issue?  As for the other problem, when I uploaded the images on Twitter, I uploaded them with the "Everyone" option selected for everyone to see, but I'll try to figure out the issue on my Twitter profile settings, I'll come back in a moment.

Ok, I unchecked the box under "Privacy and Safety-Tweets-Protect your Tweets" section on my Twitter account settings, so it should be ok now if you want to try it.  The option says: Only show your Tweets to people who follow you. If selected, you will need to approve each new follower. Learn more 

in case you want to know.

I don't think any of that has anything to do with Second Life or Linden Lab.  If it is legitimate at all, it's some sort of internet chat group outside of SL.  Linden Lab will never ask you for your SL password or your email address (except initially, when you register for SL).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I don't think any of that has anything to do with Second Life or Linden Lab.  If it is legitimate at all, it's some sort of internet chat group outside of SL.  Linden Lab will never ask you for your SL password or your email address (except initially, when you register for SL).

The email verification is something everybody had to do, or was at least asked, to keep receiving LL/SL information,  have a look at your accountpage where you can see the confirmation of the verification. I see nowhere asked to give passwords.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

The email verification is something everybody had to do, or was at least asked, to keep receiving LL/SL information,  have a look at your accountpage where you can see the confirmation of the verification. I see nowhere asked to give passwords.

Agreed. We all a few years back had to verify our email addresses in order to get (or continue to get) email from Linden Lab. In part I think they were cleaning out the database.   So putting in a legitimate email address in the back end would be a first step. Maybe contacting support too.  This COULD of course be a scheme to get "personal info" and have nothing to do with  SL.   

• Thanks 1

Just open your account settings - go to change email and click the verify link. Then you can ignore all previous emails.

Something you can do with everything that wants something from you. Always go to the original page and trigger the process yourself. 

Edited by Nova Convair
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.