Is Linden Homes Site Broken?

Yoyotzin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Yoyotzin said:

I wonder whether others have experiences problems getting a Linden Home today. Whenever I click on the home I want, I get the message, "This page isn't working."

How are you trying to get there?  When I go from my Dashboard, it usually is taking me there, but mostly pretty slow in the page load - though I did time out a few times.

21 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

How are you trying to get there?  When I go from my Dashboard, it usually is taking me there, but mostly pretty slow in the page load - though I did time out a few times.

Yes, that's what I have done in the past also--use Dashboard, choose the home, and then get a message that it is ready. Today, however, it has not worked for me.

I just got the page that they are sold out of homes.  It's been slow for me as of yesterday.  Having to refresh multiple times, and then the message "something went wrong".  Something is up.

Second time I have gotten this...

e262a594bb0eb6d833876054bf4429cc.png

Edited by Cougar Sangria
added a photo

15 minutes ago, Cougar Sangria said:

I just got the page that they are sold out of homes.  It's been slow for me as of yesterday.  Having to refresh multiple times, and then the message "something went wrong".  Something is up.

Second time I have gotten this...

e262a594bb0eb6d833876054bf4429cc.png

Yes. Same here. I got that twice. Other times, I saw three Bellisseria homes available. Then it sort of crashes.

Oh, well ... I'll wait until tomorrow and hope it's fixed by then. 🙂

Yesterday I managed to land a houseboat. I think the land page has been having issues (which has been discussed in other threads) the last couple of days. I've cleared my cache, reset my modem, etc. in case it was something on my end. I've tried to get a log home, because that's what's shown up the most often. The site times out, though. 

• Like 1

Is there any way to monitor the availability of Linden Homes without paying for Premium? I don't want to pay for Premium, and then find there are no homes. In fact, I'd want to see what these Linden homes look like before I spring for Premium.

Finally: Is it safe to infer that Covid 19 has created a housing shortage in Second Life that did not exist before March, 2020? Or has it always been this way?

59 minutes ago, Radhika Lionheart said:

Is there any way to monitor the availability of Linden Homes without paying for Premium? I don't want to pay for Premium, and then find there are no homes. In fact, I'd want to see what these Linden homes look like before I spring for Premium.

Finally: Is it safe to infer that Covid 19 has created a housing shortage in Second Life that did not exist before March, 2020? Or has it always been this way?

Yes, you can go to the continent itself and look around. If you go to the map and type "SSPE," you'll get a list of sims under various stages of construction: Housebotas, log homes, traditional, victorian, and campers. Next to those sims there are usually homes already available.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Radhika Lionheart said:

Is there any way to monitor the availability of Linden Homes without paying for Premium? I don't want to pay for Premium, and then find there are no homes. ...

I made a new alt some time ago - basicaccount - just to look at the landpage because all my premiumalts have a home and want to keep it. You can look and choose and name it but THEN you will have to become Premium before they give it to you...

... and during the time that takes likely someone els snatches the lot you chose from you!

Anyway if you just want to check if and when homes are available just follow this thread.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Yoyotzin said:

Yes, you can go to the continent itself and look around. If you go to the map and type "SSPE," you'll get a list of sims under various stages of construction: Housebotas, log homes, traditional, victorian, and campers. Next to those sims there are usually homes already available.

There come houses available allover Belliseria by abandons, it's impossible to search for by only going to look for possible releases there.

4 hours ago, Radhika Lionheart said:

Not quite.  There's currently a severe shortage of Linden Homes mostly because LL is not going to add any regions to the grid until Project Uplift (moving the grid to Amazon cloud) is complete.  Current target for that is the end of this year.  Of course, Covid has coincidentally probably increased demand, due to stay-at-home practices.  The next LH theme to be released is the beach-y Stilt Homes; shortly before that happens (January?), you will see INCREDIBLY lovely homes abandoned.

I fear that earlier posts may have given you the impression that new homes of all types are still being created.  The only new regions being built are those that already exist around the coasts of the Log Home subcontinent.  LL is releasing these new regions very slowly, approximately one per weekday.  That could change at any time - LL could decide to do a big release of their soon-to-=be-completed southeast coastal Log Homes.  You never know!

Until then, the only Traditional homes, Houseboats, and Trailers you see on the land page will be abandons.  That's mostly true for Victorians as well, although there may be a few unreleased ones along the border with the Log Home subcontinent, I haven't been tracking those releases.  If you go visit some of the homes posted in the "When did you last see" thread already mentioned, you'll see a good variety of Bellisseria neighborhoods. 

Some abandons are quite lovely.  I got this abandon 2-3 weeks ago and am again retired from the GOH (Game of Homes) because of it.  Check out the thread that post is in to see what folks consider to be great properties.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Radhika Lionheart said:

Not easily.  Even popping around the continent to see what's available, by the time you purchased Premium and clicked through the links, whatever you saw would likely no longer be available.  However, abandons do pop up fairly frequently.  I've actually seen Log Homes on the page almost every time I have refreshed over the past 2 days;. I've also seen the occasional Victorian, Camper, or Houseboat.  Haven't seen any Traditionals in at least 4-5 days, but I'm also not paying super close attention.

6 hours ago, Radhika Lionheart said:

IMO, it is a combination of "new homes", Covid-19 and LL not having any regions to continue deployment right now.  Every since the new Premium homes came out, they have been in high demand, quite often with lots of availability only happening during new releases.  Things did seem to get a bit worse when Covid forced most folks to stay home, but the lack of new regions has really highlighted the problem.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
spelling, of course
  • Like 3

You are (sadly) not only in getting the Error 504 message - I returned to Second Life yesterday and have been unable to obtain a Linden Home due to that error. I have submitted a ticket but I do not expect to hear back on it soon.

I just hope that when it does get fixed I am not limited to the old ghetto style homes :)

2 hours ago, Kade Huntsman said:

You are (sadly) not only in getting the Error 504 message - I returned to Second Life yesterday and have been unable to obtain a Linden Home due to that error. I have submitted a ticket but I do not expect to hear back on it soon.

I just hope that when it does get fixed I am not limited to the old ghetto style homes :)

While the new homes are in short supply right now, all styles are periodically available, as they are regularly abandoned by previous owners.  It may take a little patience and persistence, but you will find something eventually if you keep at it.  As for the issue itself, I'm sure they are aware of it, and will resolve it at the earliest opportunity.    

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

While the new homes are in short supply right now, all styles are periodically available, as they are regularly abandoned by previous owners.  It may take a little patience and persistence, but you will find something eventually if you keep at it.  As for the issue itself, I'm sure they are aware of it, and will resolve it at the earliest opportunity.    

It nothing to do with availability - they show as available but the web server itself returns an error 504 (general timeout error) once you accept the terms & conditions. 

18 minutes ago, Kade Huntsman said:

It nothing to do with availability - they show as available but the web server itself returns an error 504 (general timeout error) once you accept the terms & conditions. 

I'm aware of that.  My comment was in response to getting stuck with the "ghetto style homes."  Regardless, the site is at least working intermittently, as I was just able to grab a houseboat.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

It seems that the logjam is with the perpetual log home that shows on the page. I’ve managed to get a couple of Trads, campers, and a houseboat this past weekend and today. The log home always times out for me. 

I have had issues with all home styles, but agree that the root issue is with the log homes.  I think the source of the problem is that something went wrong with the release of the Brichester region on Friday.  Those homes are populating the home claim queue, but they are unable to be assigned for whatever reason.  We'll likely know that the issue is resolved when we start seeing scattered green dots in that region on the map.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.