What does everyone here think is the most important thing to a secondlife relationship or even friendship is? For me i think the big thing is communication, i need communication in any kind of relationship. Would love to hear what everyone else values

• Like 1
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Time. Respect the times you can be with eachother and those times you cannot. If that respect is lost, friendships will end soon.

I think there is another factor as well, many men seem to want to know that they made a girl have an orgasm. I mean really? If I do I did it with my finger, it wasn't you. I actually had a guy tell me

Honesty.

Fun - it has to be fun & yes, communication is a part of that.  It's not fun to struggle trying to find something to say or doing battle to get someone to join in a conversation.  The time I spend online needs to be enjoyable & drama free.  Serious poop can evolve naturally once you get to know someone better, but yeah, fun !  

• Like 2
14 hours ago, CopenhagenBlack said:

What does everyone here think is the most important thing to a secondlife relationship or even friendship is?

Time.

Respect the times you can be with eachother and those times you cannot. If that respect is lost, friendships will end soon.

• Like 8
SL only relationship: The major thing for me is to be from the same country and we will see later about the rest.
(I do value my sleep and won't stay awake late just to play SL.)

SL only friendship: Having similar likes.

• Like 3

Communication, honesty, trust, all these of course with any relationship. But for me in SL there needs to be one thing more, Creativity and imagination. I come here to inspire and be inspired, I thrive off of uniqueness, Someone who just blends in with the regular SL crowd is going to bore me and I will move on.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Communication, honesty, trust, all these of course with any relationship. But for me in SL there needs to be one thing more, Creativity and imagination. I come here to inspire and be inspired, I thrive off of uniqueness, Someone who just blends in with the regular SL crowd is going to bore me and I will move on.

I totally agree. Without the creativity and imagination a relationship will fall apart.There always has to be something to move it forward. Both SL and RL. For me it is important both in the visual artistic sense, and the sexual sense. 

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 2
43 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Both SL and RL.

In RL doing the same thing day after day and bringing home the same check week after week to keep the bills paid is a huge plus which doesn't translate that well into SL

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Talligurl said:

In RL doing the same thing day after day and bringing home the same check week after week to keep the bills paid is a huge plus which doesn't translate that well into SL

Is it really all that great in RL? That's why we're here. I love your creativity. That's why i'm with you!!!

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Is it really all that great in RL? That's why we're here. I love your creativity. That's why i'm with you!!!

Yes it is great in RL, that is why i come here instead of living a second life in RL.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

Yes it is great in RL, that is why i come here instead of living a second life in RL.

I totally understand what you mean. What I do and are here in SL fills in what I lack and won't do in RL. I can be fully whole with the combination. 

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 2
On 10/10/2020 at 2:05 PM, CopenhagenBlack said:

What does everyone here think is the most important thing to a secondlife relationship or even friendship is? For me i think the big thing is communication, i need communication in any kind of relationship. Would love to hear what everyone else values

Trust, which can only be gained by honesty and communication and actions. Without trust no relationship or friendship will last for long.

• Like 3

Trust is first and foremost for me. If you lie to me and I find out (and we always find out) you can bet, I'll have nothing to do with you ever again. Second, is communication. If we communicate to each other what each of us value, and we can agree on said values then we can move on from there. I also love laughing, so if you can make me laugh then that's a definite plus. There's so much more but I don't want this to turn into a TL:DR post, so I'll leave it at this. 

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, ballparkdogg said:

Honesty and communication in SL.   Having fun in SL too.  

I'm not sure what you mean. But we can't have friendships or relationships without that. Whether SL or RL.

• Confused 1
36 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I'm not sure what you mean. But we can't have friendships or relationships without that. Whether SL or RL.

Honesty and communication is important to me in SL.  I dont mind what goes on in RL.   I only concerned about SL

• Confused 1
18 hours ago, ballparkdogg said:

I dont mind what goes on in RL.   I only concerned about SL

I tend to agree, I don't care what you say about your RL, or if it is true or not. But what you say to me about SL is important if we have an SL relationship. 

• Like 4

You need to genuinely care about the other person, want to get to know them and want to accept them as they are. Many times I see people claiming to "Love" a person when what they really love is their own imaginary idea of who the other person is. They cling to their imaginary idea so tightly that they really cannot even see the real person they are with. Often the other person will play along with the fantasy up to a point because they want to make the other person happy, but eventually the question creeps into their head "How can you love me when you don't even know me?"

• Like 2
On 10/10/2020 at 3:05 PM, CopenhagenBlack said:

Honesty in SL and some honesty about your gender in real life

1 minute ago, CopenhagenBlack said:

Why do you say that their rl gender matters if this is just strictly about sl?

Its about connecting in SL with the person I am with.  I can deal with a guy who wants to play a girl or a transgirl who wants to be a biological girl in SL but not if I find six months later

9 minutes ago, CopenhagenBlack said:

Why do you say that their rl gender matters if this is just strictly about sl?

I guess that would fall under honesty?  And in my experience, it swings toward being more of a guy issue.

• Like 2