VISTA Bento Head, someone has experiences with it?

Subsonic Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, so far, until now, not a single response. There are 3 contact persons mentioned, all of them received my NC, not a single one answered.

So, there's not a solution about this unfortunately, but I think this is still an important topic, so people are aware about it, before buying it.

I will send a 'reminder' to all of them soon and will keep this thread updated, as far as I will receive an answer. :( Honestly I'd have expected a better service from a brand like VISTA.

(Just in case one of these VISTA people read this, it was sent by my wife Battlecat Oh)

Edited by Subsonic Oh
last line added

*sighs* ... re-sent to all these 3 guys:

Dear Vista-Team!

I already sent this one week ago to Vista Barnes, Hermione Mocha and Clif Sharktooth - unfortunately without getting any response so far :(

I bought your VISTA Bento Head Emily v4 a few months ago, but I still haven't figured out two things:

1. Whenever I take off the Head HUD, the face animations stop. My buddy has a CATWA head and his "Face AO" also works without the HUD attached. Do I really always have the Head HUD attached to run the face animations?

2. Whenever I relog, my hidden ears are re-appearing. When I open the HUD, the ears are still marked as alpha, but they just aren't. I have to 'show' then and 'alpha' them again to get them hidden. It's really a hassle.

I hope you have a solution for this or plan a fix on an updated v5?

Beside these two problems I'm really more than satisfied with your head :)

Thanks a lot in advance and
Best greetings,
Battlecat Oh

13 minutes ago, Subsonic Oh said:

My buddy has a CATWA head and his "Face AO" also works without the HUD attached.

As a Catwa CSR I can tell you the reason behind that: the animations in Catwa's heads are stored in the head itself (in the head's brain, alongside all the scripting) and not in the HUD. The animation HUD for Catwa acts a bit like a TV remote: once you've set it up how you want, you can then detach the HUD. So perhaps the Vista head doesn't do that, and instead the animations are in the HUD itself? I did buy a Vista head a long time ago but never really used it, so I didn't look into how they handle animations. They do, however, have some videos on their YT channel, released when the Gerard head came out, and this one talks about animations.

• Thanks 1

Well, answer was, they (all?) had internet issues and didn't receive my notecard.

I should try deleting cache (did it several times, even manually in the file-browser) and try a redelivered head. So, i'm using v4 (w/ BOM), redelivery terminal sent me v1.1 (seems like w/o BOM)...

So, still no solution so far.

Oh and yes, I'd have to always have this giant HUD with the included face-AO attached, and there aren't any fixes or updated with "AO included in head" (like you have it in CATWA heads) planned.

Alright, I was told to reset all the scripts in the head - this at least helped to keep my ears 'alphaed' after a relog.

I still hope they're going to include the face-ao in the head itself instead of having to keep that giant HUD attached all the time.

So, partially solved :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.