Major differences of available body types

Candy Tangerine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Lokiande said:

Hence the headless body option. And tbh i just... don't see a big difference in this vs other name brand bodies??? Under any clothes you add it's still gonna look like any other Big Boob Big Butt Wasp Waist if you tweak the shape. Which 99% of SLers do because Thin=Sexeh but that's a whole nother can of worms

It's two triangles taped onto a stick figure. 

6 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Keep pushing Ruth at girls who want to look good and you'll lose them.

So what they just need is a support fee for around 12500 K and be the barbiedoll you mention? ... I prefer to approach newbies a bit less "adult" ... if they only are in a hurry to go nude and get into the "industry" good luck with that, but i perhaps trust some sanity to much. I know the adult section has it's share, but i refuse to think thát is the thing where the newbies only come for. If it's so, we'r doomed to close in the next few years, and i'll refuse to support that.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

3 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

So what they just need is a support fee for around 12500 K and be the barbiedoll you mention? ... I prefer to approach newbies a bit less "adult" ... if they only are in a hurry to go nude and get into the "industry" good luck with that, but i perhaps trust some sanity to much. I know the adult section has it's share, but i refuse to think thát is the thing where the newbies only come for. If it's so, we'r doomed to close in the next few years.

People want to look good. That's all there is to it. They see the ads at the shopping events and the flickr feeds and blogs, and they want to look like that. And you can't do it with the Ruth. I'm going to give a good faith effort to style some of the other free options, but generally speaking, when I have tried the available freebies they've come up short in that one basic criteria - does this look good with the very minimal editing a newbie can do fresh off the start page and can I easily find clothes and skins for it?

Edited by Blaise Glendevon
  • Like 2

Just now, Blaise Glendevon said:

People want to look good. That's all there is to it. They see the ads at the shopping events and the flickr feeds and blogs, and they want to look like that. And you can't do it with the Ruth. I'm going to give a good faith effort to style some of the other free options, but generally speaking, when I have tried the available freebies they've come up short in that one basic criteria - does this look good and can I easily find clothes and skins for it?

Your way of thinking is part of the problem. You, as the one that needs help in dressing up, want the best upper result in ultimate look instantly. That's a wrong approach for SL. Start slower. Even when succeeding helping a 2 day old getting the barbie look, it will fail because they don't know anything about what you adviced, nor anything about SL.

Just now, Alwin Alcott said:

Your way of thinking is part of the problem. You, as the one that needs help in dressing up, want the best upper result in ultimate look instantly. That's a wrong approach for SL. Start slower. Even when succeeding helping a 2 day old getting the barbie look, it will fail because they don't know anything about what you adviced, nor anything about SL.

OK, Grandpa.

• Thanks 1

Ruth2 v4 (Body+Hands+Head)
Ruth2 v4 Feet High
Ruth2 v4 Feet High Toenails
Ruth2 v4 Fingernails Long
4 Ruth BOM : Hair Base
NIKA // Ruth Shape
~CP~BOYFRIEND JEANS WITH BELT Alpha
Blueberry – Knotted Tops /Bra/ – Maitreya – Orange
::::FurtaCor::::Charlie Shoes::::Maitreya
EYELASHES – Side sweet
alaskametro<3 “Columba II” eyebrows – tintable (Add)
Izzie’s – Glossy Lip Highlights 3C
.::E.D.D.A::. Jessica Earrings Set
Kibitz – Airu necklace – copper
rezology Pulled Back Perfection
Tuty – LUCKY GIRL BENTO AO Priority 4(just wear)
[7DS] – BODY 2020 MELTING bom skin WALNUT browless
:::Sn@tch Shining Eyes (Cobalt Blue):::ruth2-v4-bodyhandshead_002.jpg?w=1024

• Like 5

BODY v23 — LucyBody Atenea 
Shape for LUCYBODY
ATTITUDE BOOTs-maitreya-
ATTITUDE GLOVES Straps bento gloves Maitreya
ATTITUDEl Maitreya
GENUS Project – Genus Head – Strong Face W001 – v1.7 – Mocap
Lowen – Algema Pvc Bag [Black/L] V1
MAJESTY – Zodiac Earrings [Pisces]
no.match_HAIRBASE B milky 3
*HolliPocket-Mariah Gloves-black
Fishy Strawberry Army Pin-Up Hat (all colors)
PKC Amalia Septum -Unrigged
Spoiled – Lewdy Apple Animated
Spoiled – Pad Lock Choker Maitreya
[7DS] – BODY 2020 TEMPER bom skin OAK browlesslucy-body_001.jpg?w=983

• Like 3

ABAR – eBODY CURVY v8.6 BODY – FREE
ABAR – eBODY CURVY v8.6 FEET – FREE
ABAR – eBODY CURVY v8.6 HANDS – FREE
ABAR – eBODY HUD v8.6 – FREE
ABAR – eBODY CURVY shape 5 shape 6 is extremely curvy.
GENUS Project – Genus Head – Strong Face W001 – v1.7 – Mocap
MAJESTY – Zodiac Earrings [Pisces]
Mangula Jana Ankle boots for [eBODY]
NO.MATCH_NO.WHISTLE.
[hh] Rochelle Jeans E-BODY CURVY
[hh] Rochelle Top E-BODY CURVY
[hh] Rowan Add On D-Ring Belt MID WAIST EBODY CURVY 
” VOOH ” GROUP GIFT 68 – BELLY CHAIN EBODY CURVY
*HolliPocket-Mariah Gloves-black

So, I decided to unpack, update and dress some of the bodies in my inventory. I’m actually pleased at how they all turned out to be honest and this is not even all of them but I will do more. I was very surprised to see how much stuff I had in my inventory already to dress theses. BUT I also shopped for 2 of them because I wanted them to have updated outfits.

Please note all skins and hair were already in my inventory. [7DS] worked great on them all I think.

abar-ebody-curvy_001.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

I am temporarily putting a hold on groaning at the Lucybody. If the Midnight Madness ever hits (I've been waiting 3 days) I'll give it a good faith try. But the Ruth, which I have tried in different formats, is the actual drizzling *****s.

You should have it soon, at least in my experience; my newest alt had it in about three days.

On 10/12/2020 at 2:27 PM, Doc Carling said:

I use Maitrey 5.2 to build female avatars wich serve as models. I can only agree to what you said. Also important for me as BOM fan that one can activate/deactivate BOM with a button click. And that a HUD with BOM fixes is including.

Yes, it is nice. You just click bom and it is good. it is all connected so you don't have to wear hands/feet and the back and front are in the same direction so you do'nt have to flip it around. i did try kupra, but  I just stuck with maitreya, I'm pretty happy with how the body looks. Did you know there's an update I think lastyear sometime it's 5.3 :) Idk when they will update it again. :) I do love the bom hud and parts. I do not know why though my toes on my socks are shiny... I did a video very recently explaining how to put body/head/skin etc on and I wore bom stockings and the toes were shiny when I put the bom toe caps on. i tried to change the faces, but to no avail. :o

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 1:59 AM, Yuumo Ichibara said:

I switch heads all the time but my body is Maitreya forever. That body is one of the greatest things to happen to SL. The only thing I wish it had was physics on the butt and tummy like Belleza and Tonic.

As far as I know you an make physics for your body go to where you amke clothes and i think it says physics, unless that was taken out years ago, but I remember when they introduced physics, i believe it was before mesh.  I have been wearing the Lelutka Kaya head and primarily had been wearing catwa for the last 3 years.. esp since hdpro came out I had been wering it. I felt it was so very feminine, but the two huds were kind of annoying then Lelutka offered the fre head for men and women in december so i got the Kaya head and  I've been wearing it since then. 😮 Shocker. :)

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 2:27 PM, Doc Carling said:

I use Maitrey 5.2 to build female avatars wich serve as models. I can only agree to what you said. Also important for me as BOM fan that one can activate/deactivate BOM with a button click. And that a HUD with BOM fixes is including.

One thing I wish Miatreya  had were hip dips, I don't really see them in maitreya. Otherwise i think it is lovely. Maybe if I made much bigger hips.. it would look more like that.

On 10/15/2020 at 11:15 PM, FairreLilette said:

Yep, I'm Maitreya all the way since day one.  I love her.  I have no desire to switch from Maitreya Lara Mesh Body.  Brilliant.  Maitreya has five feet positions now - one for ballet - YAY!  I love ballet.  

I agree with what Jaide Beck said, in that some clothing designers are currently dropping some bodies.  Many have dropped Slink Physique but still do Hourglass.  Now some designers are dropping Isis and Venus and just doing Freya from that particular line.  Legacy has a tainted past it's working hard to get past.   Also Legacy (which is very popular) has about 750k polygons which is a heavy load on a computer and could lag you out.  Best to take the demo bodies on a test run and go to busy places to see how your own computer runs while wearing such a heavy polygon body such as Legacy has prior to buying it.   Maitreya has about 150k polygons so it's not as tough of a body to run.  

Also, what Jaide Beck is speaking about is the Legacy HUD is very slow and laggy.  That's another story I don't have time to tell.  The Maitreya HUD has no problems.  

Very good considerations. I like how thee hud works right away and I did ask the maker of maitreya for flat hand, like laying on floor, or saying stop, but said to many things on their plate. I guess. So anyway, but yeah, it's great to me. you just wear the body and the hhud and your off. And I love wearing my stockings. I don't wear the toe caps unless my feet are showing, sandals, open toed shoes, etc... I do like all the foot potitions. :) I like the bom button on the body hud not where you have to go to your inventory and find it, or go to marketplace to buy it. :o One thing about Belleza the Jake body is pretty popular for men. :) I wanted to buy max the signature Giani body, but when i went few years ago, only body i saw at the time was geralt, and geralt just doesn't cover it for me. Not saying it is all terrible, it's just I wanted Giani for him. :o :) 

On 10/16/2020 at 2:45 PM, animats said:

Anybody doing this on the male side?

I've been looking into why Roth 2, which is supposed to wear mesh clothing for classic avatars, has fit problems.

rothvsbasemodel.thumb.png.72279a5c353c68

Roth 2 on left, classic avatar on right. Same height.

Roth's clavicles are too far back at the shoulders, and the settings on a few sliders need to be re-calibrated, so that butt size 50 means the same thing on both avatars. Then fitmesh should work.

Anyone know enough about avatar construction to explain how to do that?

You could try mesh classic body. it is in female and male and is 1L from Legacy. It can be difficult to fit it with shorts and stuff, but you may be able to do it. =] Hope you got help. sorry I don't know about Roth. :o Huggies :) 

4 hours ago, Jaide Beck said:

I've never tried the Lucy body. I have only tried Maitreya which I own and Kupra, and I think that is it. 😮

I own several bodies (Maitreya, Legacy, Slink Physique and HG, Belleza Isis, LoveMomma) and have tried demos of Kupra (original and Kups), eBody Reborn, and Slink's Cinnamon Chai.  My first body was Maitreya, and it's still my default.  My preferred body shape works well within its parameters, and I love the fact that the onionskin layers are optional.  Frankly, since BOM came out the only time I do use any of them is if I have an applier gown that's optimized for the clothing layer, where there's actually some texture across the chest rather than just being painted on, etc.

My male alt has Signature Gianni, Belleza Jake, Inithium Kario (I use the "Fit" version of the body; the "Flex" is not to my taste), and Legacy.  I like them all for varying reasons, but he defaults to either Jake or Legacy at this point, due to both the body shape and creator support.

My female alts all have Maitreya, including my newest, but with her I figured I'd get the Lucybody too.  I end up in areas where I sometimes help new folks out, and I thought it might be a good idea to know about a perfectly reasonable nearly-free option (totally free if you don't go for the BOM hud).  I... I like it!  The nail colors aren't for me, really, but they're cute and I can see why others might like them.  My Maitreya skin shows no distortion around the fingernails or toenails.  In fact, it's only due to Matti mentioning it that I realized the navel is slightly off from Maitreya, but you really do have to look for it.

All in all, it's a really good option especially considering its price.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

My female alts all have Maitreya, including my newest, but with her I figured I'd get the Lucybody too.  I end up in areas where I sometimes help new folks out, and I thought it might be a good idea to know about a perfectly reasonable nearly-free option (totally free if you don't go for the BOM hud).  I... I like it!  The nail colors aren't for me, really, but they're cute and I can see why others might like them.  My Maitreya skin shows no distortion around the fingernails or toenails.  In fact, it's only due to Matti mentioning it that I realized the navel is slightly off from Maitreya, but you really do have to look for it.

All in all, it's a really good option especially considering its price.

Quick note about the nails - Maitreya-fit mesh nails from several different stores can fit Lucy pretty well! So far, I've tried Ascendant, Rawr, and Alme, and they all fit nicely. All of those shops have demos if you ever want to shake things up and try something different outside of the included HUD textures. Oh and quick tip - if you grab a demo at Ascendant, you'll get a nice "Look at my nails" style pose that will keep you still and hold your hands up so you can check the fit really easily.

I've also found that Maitreya rings fit, too. Rawr and Cult have demos you can try on. 

• Like 2

The LucyBody looks great, costs about 80 cents US with the BOM applier, and has enough free clothes to fit it that you'll never need to worry about clothing. It works fine with any body skin made for Maitreya too. 

The few small downsides are that it has a high ARC (not as bad as Legacy I think?), a clunky HUD, and it doesn't work with Maitreya autohide scripts. These are small enough issues that most new players looking for an attractive and inexpensive female body won't mind them.

If you'd like a little more curvy body, with a fair amount of clothing that fits it, for a reasonable price, I recommend the Belleza Freya body. With a little shape adjustment, it can look like a classic Barbie, like a natural curvy female, or have the small waist, large breasts and ample bottom that many players prefer.  It also allows for breast and butt physics, so you can jiggle that Jell-O if you wish.

Edited by Persephone Emerald

My first body was Avatar 2.0, the little anime body, and I wore it for a while before someone bought me Lara because they said I needed to look "more realistic" right before they gave me the shape that made me look like a boob mutant.

It's actually not a bad body, kinda cartoony, but it fits well and has a decent amount of stuff rigged for it (as well as fitting some "kenmono" things without looking like Pepe Le Pew and a chipmunk's love child.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.