Jump to content

Video - Getting Started in Second Life 2020


Recommended Posts

OMG, that gave me a good laugh, i loved it!

At the same time, I do think it can be useful for new residents since it's not as dry and tedious as most other videos. so yay! Great job!!!

Can we expect more tutorials from you?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I'm working on a new one now that will cover live music and some more land stuff. Then I have a 3rd planned about some Halloween stuff so I gotta hurry as Halloween is getting close!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SodaGnome said:

made a machinima

Compared to others, its one of the very few SL machinimas out there what has a decent framerate. Keep them coming.

Edited by Resi Pfeffer
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2020 at 11:53 PM, Alwin Alcott said:

however the voice seems to fit your gnome pic :)  it's nearly not to follow for non native english speakers. Slowing down might be a big help already.
The work itself is great!

Hi, there's two things you can do. You click on the cog wheel under the video on the right (settings) and you can change the speed from normal to .75 Also, you can turn on English sub titles there. Change sub titles off to English (auto-generated) I just tried it and it works pretty good.

 

Here's a screen shot from next movie.... it kinda goes downhill from this scene....

movie 2 shot 1.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SodaGnome said:

Hi, there's two things you can do. You click on the cog wheel under the video on the right (settings) and you can change the speed from normal to .75 Also, you can turn on English sub titles there. Change sub titles off to English (auto-generated) I just tried it and it works pretty good.

i know... but if you offer help video's you could try making access and understanding easy, instead of a need to adjust first. I'm old enough and don't need it, but the "i want it and i want it now" generation will simply skip it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You all are treating the video as a serious one. 

Take off your grinch glasses and put on the ones which lets you see the humor.

There are loads of serious getting started vids and if that's your thing, then great. But allow this thing to exist, some great comedy which to some extent can still help some people get a feel for what SL is and what you can do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AdminGirl said:

Real funny. Although for getting started in sl, I wouldn't have thought getting land would be part of it for beginners. An unusual starting point IMO.

Yes true. A new person first goes to one of those orientation zones with signs teaching them how to walk and jump and fly. Then as a new person, you struggle with how to talk. Then once you can move and talk, or maybe just move, the very first thing that many do next is try to make themselves look better. 

 

GIRLS BETTER.jpg

BOYS BETTER.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

You all are treating the video as a serious one. 

Take off your grinch glasses and put on the ones which lets you see the humor.

There are loads of serious getting started vids and if that's your thing, then great. But allow this thing to exist, some great comedy which to some extent can still help some people get a feel for what SL is and what you can do.

I'll put those before and after pics in my next video to show new people what they can do lol. For $$$!~

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2020 at 3:07 AM, Fritigern Gothly said:

You all are treating the video as a serious one. 

Take off your grinch glasses and put on the ones which lets you see the humor.

There are loads of serious getting started vids and if that's your thing, then great. But allow this thing to exist, some great comedy which to some extent can still help some people get a feel for what SL is and what you can do.

You all?

Most of the comments here are positives.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2020 at 5:54 AM, Fritigern Gothly said:

If the shoe fits, wear it.

Even if I wear it, still not "you all", since it's just me. Most if not all of (us) have acknowledged that we like what OP has done. If constructive feedback is a negative thing then damn I'll keep that in mind next time. But at least OP took no issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AdminGirl said:

Even if I wear it, still not "you all", since it's just me. Most if not all of (us) have acknowledged that we like what OP has done. If constructive feedback is a negative thing then damn I'll keep that in mind next time. But at least OP took no issue.

I see, you are the kind of person that is LOOKING for conflict, and if there isn't any, you make sure to create some!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Take off your grinch glasses and put on the ones which lets you see the humor.

 

 

7 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

If the shoe fits, wear it.

 

7 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I see, you are the kind of person that is LOOKING for conflict, and if there isn't any, you make sure to create some!

 

There's no conflict, at least not from me.

Edited by AdminGirl
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...