Video - Getting Started in Second Life 2020

SodaGnome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 10/9/2020 at 11:53 PM, Alwin Alcott said:

however the voice seems to fit your gnome pic :)  it's nearly not to follow for non native english speakers. Slowing down might be a big help already.
The work itself is great!

Hi, there's two things you can do. You click on the cog wheel under the video on the right (settings) and you can change the speed from normal to .75 Also, you can turn on English sub titles there. Change sub titles off to English (auto-generated) I just tried it and it works pretty good.

Here's a screen shot from next movie.... it kinda goes downhill from this scene....

movie 2 shot 1.jpg

4 minutes ago, SodaGnome said:

Hi, there's two things you can do. You click on the cog wheel under the video on the right (settings) and you can change the speed from normal to .75 Also, you can turn on English sub titles there. Change sub titles off to English (auto-generated) I just tried it and it works pretty good.

i know... but if you offer help video's you could try making access and understanding easy, instead of a need to adjust first. I'm old enough and don't need it, but the "i want it and i want it now" generation will simply skip it.

You all are treating the video as a serious one. 

Take off your grinch glasses and put on the ones which lets you see the humor.

There are loads of serious getting started vids and if that's your thing, then great. But allow this thing to exist, some great comedy which to some extent can still help some people get a feel for what SL is and what you can do.

1 hour ago, AdminGirl said:

Real funny. Although for getting started in sl, I wouldn't have thought getting land would be part of it for beginners. An unusual starting point IMO.

Yes true. A new person first goes to one of those orientation zones with signs teaching them how to walk and jump and fly. Then as a new person, you struggle with how to talk. Then once you can move and talk, or maybe just move, the very first thing that many do next is try to make themselves look better. 

GIRLS BETTER.jpg

BOYS BETTER.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

There are loads of serious getting started vids and if that's your thing, then great. But allow this thing to exist, some great comedy which to some extent can still help some people get a feel for what SL is and what you can do.

I'll put those before and after pics in my next video to show new people what they can do lol. For $$$!~

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 3:07 AM, Fritigern Gothly said:

You all?

Most of the comments here are positives.

On 10/12/2020 at 5:54 AM, Fritigern Gothly said:

If the shoe fits, wear it.

Even if I wear it, still not "you all", since it's just me. Most if not all of (us) have acknowledged that we like what OP has done. If constructive feedback is a negative thing then damn I'll keep that in mind next time. But at least OP took no issue.

3 minutes ago, AdminGirl said:

Even if I wear it, still not "you all", since it's just me. Most if not all of (us) have acknowledged that we like what OP has done. If constructive feedback is a negative thing then damn I'll keep that in mind next time. But at least OP took no issue.

I see, you are the kind of person that is LOOKING for conflict, and if there isn't any, you make sure to create some!

10 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

7 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

If the shoe fits, wear it.

7 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I see, you are the kind of person that is LOOKING for conflict, and if there isn't any, you make sure to create some!

There's no conflict, at least not from me.

Edited by AdminGirl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.