Filming without capturing labels

jaysprout

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If I take a snapshot in SL using Viewer 2, no open panels or labels (such as prices, peoples' names, and other tips) don't get captured. However, when using an external capture utility such as SnapzProX on my Mac or SnagIt & Camtasia on my PC, I get all that crap. Closing panels is easy enough but I can't get rid of all those labels & tips. It's bad enough in regular SL and totally debilitating when trying to record.

Somebody please tell me how to turn all of that crap off. In any and all viewers would be great.

Thanks in advance!

jaysprout / Robert Walton MacGregor

I'm glad I read that second reply before trying what I thought the Mac equivalent might be.

On a Mac, is Command-Opt-F1 the keyboard shortcut for disabling the labels?

Also, is there a checkbox or other toggle somewhere to permanently or, at least, indefinitely disable them?

Yes. That will open another text screen of which includes F1 - F8.

Usually your desktop is on the F7 one. So Ctl + Alt + F7 to get back to the desktop.

Those other screens are very usefull to do background text only stuff. You can open say F3, log in as root and switch quickly to it to run an apt update or install or something.

SnapzProX is a screen capture tool so it will capture everything but the nice thing about it is you can resize the filming / screen shot area; do it so the top or bottom with not be in the shot and minimize all windows and move them out of frame, (makes it easier to open them all again without trying to find them in the various menus). As for the labels, turn them off in Preferences/General. For hover tips you can turn them off as well or just move your mouse to the side of the screen if it's just to take a few still pictures.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.