Does anyone like to watch Youtube or general movies together in SL ?

Peotyre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1292 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If so, anyone who has experienced watching a video content together on a SL TV? Which SL Viewer that you use? How was the experience? What SL item that you used to watch? I want to make a personal living room to watch like a horror or drama or comedy together in SL, but the last time I remembered trying with someone, she wasn't able to see anything though I could watch the content normally (I think I was using Youtube viewer on the TV).

Edited by Peotyre
grammar mistakes

• Peotyre changed the title to Does anyone like to watch Youtube or general movies together in SL ?

I love it. I built a YouTube viewer that allows you and your friends to add youtube videos one after the other to a playlist that plays in sync on a parcel. Not much interest in it. 

I can't give away that script because I have two hosting accounts, one in Seattle and another on AWS which hosts the video streaming and it costs me money.

Anyways, you can try it out in Barcola. (Just teleport into Barcola and look behind you.) I have no idea if it's worth anything, or if anyone thinks it's worth paying for.

There is something about zooming in and out of that screen in VR while you sit with your friends and chat with each other. Not sure what it is. Some of us have it, some of us don't.

I'm honestly surprised that the majority of SL residents don't have this. It's almost as though you are the gatekeepers who have failed. The children have already left and sold themselves to it while you sit back and imagine that somehow we can go back someday when electricity fails.

Edited by Evah Baxton
  • Confused 1

My partner an I tried to watch some SpaceX stuff together with an in-world TV, but in the end the we both ended up watching it on a second monitor.  The quality was astronomically better, and, honestly we were still watching it 'in sync', as our conversation showed.

• Like 3

It's great for dance routines too.  I choregraphed some dance routines for Dinkies and needed a way to have music without the cost of a DJ, and it's Youtube in SL that solved that.  It's fun. It's like real life...in real life we have a big screen TV in our homes.  

I had one that was difficult to sync.  Then I used somebody else's which cost about 3500 hundred lindens so I didn't buy that yet.   But, on theirs all people can just watch it without having to "sync" other users or whatever it's called.  You just show up, it plays no matter what time others show up, all can see it.   Contact the owner(s) of Raglan Shire as they have one that just plays and all can see it, no syncing necessary.  

Edited by FairreLilette

Well, it works in my SL, have the VEA Version 5 tv, and with youtube, I can watch pretty much anything on there..
The others on the sim in my home need to activate their CAM/media button to see it and hear it, but it works fine if they do...

My playlist of music on YT is about 60 music videos.. that's always on my screen, so we have music videos anytime too...

Hope that helps,

Sir Michael

On 10/9/2020 at 7:24 AM, Madelaine McMasters said:

Shared, synchronized viewing used to work a decade ago. My partner and I loved watching old movies at a junkyard drive-in theater, lying on the hood of an old truck. We'd turn off the sound and ad-lib new dialog. LL broke that long ago. 

Michael J. Nelson, Kevin Murphy, Bill Corbett, & Madelaine McMasters :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1292 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.