Hi All

Guku Aabye

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 895 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

20 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yeah, I prefer over-easy or even sunny side up, though I ensure my whites are cooked via basting for the sunny side up. I like my yolks running, so I can dip my toast in it.

That's my favorite way to eat my fried eggs. Yummm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Actually had LL delete the accounts or just let them die a lonely cyber death due to inactivity?

As far as I know all the deleted avatar's that get deleted stay in the Linden Labs  Database forever. I am not sure if it has been changed to where Linden Labs gets rid of avatar's that are deleted and is in the Database. 

29 minutes ago, Guku Aabye said:

As far as I know all the deleted avatar's that get deleted stay in the Linden Labs  Database forever. I am not sure if it has been changed to where Linden Labs gets rid of avatar's that are deleted and is in the Database. 

That is true.  The question was more about what you meant when you say you deleted many over the years.  Specifically, did you request account deletion (in which case even though they stay in the system, you have to then request access to the accounts again and pay money) -- or did you just let the accounts fall into obscurity by never accessing them?

On 10/14/2020 at 12:57 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

That is true.  The question was more about what you meant when you say you deleted many over the years.  Specifically, did you request account deletion (in which case even though they stay in the system, you have to then request access to the accounts again and pay money) -- or did you just let the accounts fall into obscurity by never accessing them?

I never reactivated any my alts I deleted. I am not sure if you have to pay to reactivate them. But what I don't get is that when you go to The Second Life website and go to delete account. You can reactivate  the account you deleted then if you want to reactivate  the account. So I am not sure why they have delete on The Second Life website since you can reactivate accounts if you delete them.

Edited by Guku Aabye

• 1 year later...

I pretty much stopped making alts when last names ended (first time round) and it was no longer funny to create new accounts with clever names. I ended up deleting them all and never made another until a year or so ago.

The only funny name I can still remember is "Rusty Rasa". He was a fox furry. 

10 hours ago, Maitimo said:

I pretty much stopped making alts when last names ended (first time round) and it was no longer funny to create new accounts with clever names. I ended up deleting them all and never made another until a year or so ago.

The only funny name I can still remember is "Rusty Rasa". He was a fox furry. 

After my old Original Eight alts I made. I made some others after that. But then I got rid of the alts that I made after my old Original Eight alts lol. I was asking myself why did I even make extra alts if I was going to delete them anyways? lol

But I am glad I did. I could list My Original Eight alts here that I have and you could see how old they are. The alts I had after my Original Eight alts. I don't remember some of their names. 

26 minutes ago, Guku Aabye said:

Hmm it should of deleted. But I am not sure how long you waited for after you deleted the account

Well over 90 days.

I couldn't access it but it was still there.

Edited by Ayeleeon

On 10/14/2020 at 2:21 PM, Guku Aabye said:

I never reactivated any my alts I deleted. I am not sure if you have to pay to reactivate them. But what I don't get is that when you go to The Second Life website and go to delete account. You can reactivate  the account you deleted then if you want to reactivate  the account. So I am not sure why they have delete on The Second Life website since you can reactivate accounts if you delete them.

You don't have to pay, but it is more complicated than just logging on. Probably useful for people who want to step away and do not want the temptation of being able to easily log back on.

1 hour ago, Ayeleeon said:

Well over 90 days.

I couldn't access it but it was still there.

That is weird. I know when I deleted my alts after my old Original Eight alts. They didn't show up in search anymore after so many days. Have you contacted Linden Labs and asked them? 

1 hour ago, Ayeleeon said:

You don't have to pay, but it is more complicated than just logging on. Probably useful for people who want to step away and do not want the temptation of being able to easily log back on.

I see. Well I know I do not want to  reactivate any of my alts that I got rid of after my Original Eight alts I made.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 895 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.