Not registering to vote

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

34 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

My grandson is half Indigenous, so I'll say what I want -- it's just a fact... if prominent people in the US think other countries are Bleepholes (often countries with darker peoples) then I want to bring in the fact that the Indigenous population here wasn't all too happy with the slavers from other countries who came here and stole their land and decimated their population.

Then let your grandson speak. It's his place, not yours.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:
38 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

My grandson is half Indigenous, so I'll say what I want -- it's just a fact... if prominent people in the US think other countries are Bleepholes (often countries with darker peoples) then I want to bring in the fact that the Indigenous population here wasn't all too happy with the slavers from other countries who came here and stole their land and decimated their population.

Then let your grandson speak. It's his place, not yours.

Well he does throw his toddler Ipad at people...will that work?     :)

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

LL has probably cancelled all future blog posts till after the election and Covid leaves our lives..

They should add more just to keep it alive here on the forums. Maybe do one for a different country that is having an election soon and see who complains then about it not being for their country instead... 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

They should add more just to keep it alive here on the forums. Maybe do one for a different country that is having an election soon and see who complains then about it not being for their country instead... 

Yes! lol  And preface each one with "We only care about you this month"....that will get people going...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:
14 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

That's nasty, Silent.  You're the one who said you wanted to slap my teeth threw my jaw.

It was meant humorously. As for the rest, I have no clue what you are talking about.

Oh C'mon...you've never said anything nice about me or to me.

And you said that in that other place...with that other alt..

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:
8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Oh C'mon...you've never said anything nice about me or to me.

And you said that in that other place...with that other alt..

What are you even talking about? What other place? What alt? 

I think you have me confused with someone else.

Well hello, whoever you are today. We have lots of people like you running around the forum these days it seems..

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well hello, whoever you are today. We have lots of people like you running around the forum these days it seems..

I'm the same person I've been since I made this account in 2009. People like me? Now you really aren't making any sense. Whatever. I don't know what your problem is but it doesn't have anything to do with me. I don't have time to argue anyway, I have dinner to get on the table.

The big three Anglo societies — Australia, Britain, and America — have all fallen prey to strongman politics.

Stuff like this makes me wish I could stop the world and jump onto the next one. Part of me wants to yell at the TV screen or something. We're an Anglo society? It seems like there are a lot of different elements that contribute to what we actually are, which is this diverse funky mix. On the paternal side, the oldest relative my uncle tracked down was born in Siegen (present day Germany) and died in what is now Germantown, Virginia, in 1737. Over subsequent generations, at least once the family flowed freely across the western border into Native country, then found themselves eventually repatriated. I guess they just kept seeking a better life. It's weird, one-hundred years ago, many communities still had newspapers in their cultural native tongues. We've lost so much in attrition to the 20th century. We may share a common tongue, be we are not one idea, we don't originate from one place or culture, and we are certainly not an Anglo society. We're a society that happens to include a sizable Anglo faction. Sharing a language does not erase the plurality.

Edited by Chroma Starlight

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Maybe it's mostly a language thing. He's from Pakistan but grew up mainly in the UK...

Oh totally, I'm grandstanding on a minor point. I don't know if I had anything to really contribute beyond that wish for this country collectively to step back and look critically at itself, restate its identity in terms of its ingredients and reaffirm its pluralistic values or something.

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chroma Starlight said:
6 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

And right on cue....speaking of alt.

Heheh, maybe it'd be helpful if we met on SL? I go could log in and offer you a TP.

She'd just think it was me. We'd probably have to all go on voice...

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.