Not registering to vote

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1256 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Basically, I'm going to vote my conscience against the side of the openly warlike and defiant Philistines and barbarians and their pathological allies, but I don't believe in the legitimacy of the prospect being offered on the POTUS vote, and so I'm going to give my voice on that "contest" to a sixteen-year-old genderqueer citizen who is in my tribe so that at least someone with standing to demand a livable future for humanity universally and for Earth itself can exercise their hope in place of my condemnation vote.

Edited by Chroma Starlight
meh
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Why is LL showcasing a place that uses avatars ripped from Telltale Games' The Walking Dead series among other games?

#ShameShameShameDingDingDing

How do you know they didn't agree to the publicity?  LL has that kind of clout.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I actually had a cat once that loved popcorn.  When he was a kitten, I set my bowl down and went to get a drink - came back and he was sitting in the bowl, chowing down.  While I didn't continually let him eat popcorn, I did name him Popcorn and he always came running when he heard the popping sound.  

Cats are SO cool!

• Like 2

On 10/8/2020 at 4:58 PM, Gage Wirefly said:

We are not a perfect country but I doubt you'd have it as good anywhere else in the world, but good luck finding it in either case. We all deserve to be happy. 

There's loads of indices of the best countries to live in measured a variety of ways, and the USA doesn't come out top in any of them. That isn't to say that the USA is terrible, but I'm always amazed when I hear people declare it can't possibly be better anywhere else. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

electionfraud.thumb.jpg.346a9c665e84e86a7e5f7c1227fe8faf.jpgHere's a fun example of election tampering:

I've been provided a mail-in ballot by my county election official. In it they include a return mailer with an official yellow envelope and state clearly that only ballots received in this yellow envelope are recognized.

Last week I received in the mail a letter purporting to be from an organization affiliated with Michelle Obama encouraging me to vote and helpfully providing an invalid envelope for me to mail my ballot in with. I suppose they envision the two envelopes commingling on a kitchen table in a household and in this manner they shave off some small percentage of votes. It's naughty but seems not so serious when taken in isolation, and they depend upon this because they have an entire array of these attacks upon the elections running in parallel. This isn't even remotely the scary stuff, this is just what their dim bulbs get up to.

Still, behind those dim bulbs was some kind of direction, and definitely some resources to execute their agenda to disrupt the election. In any functional liberal democracy, what they did would be impossible and if they attempted it they'd go to prison. Not here. Not here in the United States of America.

Edited by Chroma Starlight
+img
  • Thanks 1

I heartily approve of cats, though I don't care much for popcorn because of the bits that get stuck in my teeth, and would much rather have the topic derailed by them than by people dropping in just to be unpleasant.  It might be as well to ask for the topic to be locked since the point has been made, and reporting it would get the attention of at least one Linden, but I'm not going to do that, if at all, until I've seen some more cats so by all means bring on the felines.  Without politics, if you please.

8 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I heartily approve of cats, though I don't care much for popcorn because of the bits that get stuck in my teeth, and would much rather have the topic derailed by them than by people dropping in just to be unpleasant.  It might be as well to ask for the topic to be locked since the point has been made, and reporting it would get the attention of at least one Linden, but I'm not going to do that, if at all, until I've seen some more cats so by all means bring on the felines.  Without politics, if you please.

8DA1E0B6-C73A-4EF4-8E11-C1625F63C00D.jpeg

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I heartily approve of cats, though I don't care much for popcorn because of the bits that get stuck in my teeth

Seriously - do popcorn lovers not have this problem? I always get that thin shell stuff wedged between my gums and my teeth - drives me nuts. I can endorse this popcorn though:

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Basically, I'm going to vote my conscience against the side of the openly warlike and defiant Philistines and barbarians and their pathological allies, but I don't believe in the legitimacy of the prospect being offered on the POTUS vote, and so I'm going to give my voice on that "contest" to a sixteen-year-old genderqueer citizen who is in my tribe so that at least someone with standing to demand a livable future for humanity universally and for Earth itself can exercise their hope in place of my condemnation vote.

lol vote for the cat party~

btw...who is this "sixteen-year-old genderqueer citizen' you'll be voting for?

cat vote cat party.jpg

Edited by Luna Bliss

On 10/8/2020 at 8:30 PM, FairreLilette said:

as an American I felt "dumbed-down" as even a Dinkie knows election day is Nov. 3rd. 

Yet you admitted on this forum that there were years you didn't vote in elections, just didn't bother.

So this would not be a "dumbing down" by LL -- it would be a reminder to those already dumb. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1256 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.