What's wrong with the Linden Lab!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I made a process credit request the 22 September 2020 at 4:43 am and had to cancel it at the end because it took more than two weeks and still see In progress. I sent tickets to the linden lab asking for help, and I've got an answer a week later saying be patient so I made another request and today I've got a message saying you have to pay chargebacks, also known as disputed charges! This is honestly ridiculous because if we need to pay chargebacks each time we ask for help then no one will send a ticket anymore.

As a premium member, I feel betrayed I am very angry because i have to pay $94.47 chargebacks only because i sent tickets to the linden lab asking them to send the process credit money to my Paypal.

Thank you Linden Lab.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Asmar Zamani said:

As a premium member, I feel betrayed 

Sorry, but Premium members don't get any special treatment with Process Credit requests.

23 minutes ago, Asmar Zamani said:

I made a process credit request the 22 September 2020 at 4:43 am and had to cancel it at the end because it took more than two weeks and still see In progress. I sent tickets to the linden lab asking for help,

Have you bothered to actually contact Billing?  

Billing support phone numbers:
  Toll-Free (US/Canada): 800.294.1067
  Long-Distance: 703.286.6277   
Our Billing team is available from 9am to 5pm EST(6am to 2pm PST), Monday through Friday.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Asmar Zamani said:

I made a process credit request the 22 September 2020 at 4:43 am and had to cancel it at the end because it took more than two weeks and still see In progress. I sent tickets to the linden lab asking for help, and I've got an answer a week later saying be patient so I made another request and today I've got a message saying you have to pay chargebacks, also known as disputed charges! This is honestly ridiculous because if we need to pay chargebacks each time we ask for help then no one will send a ticket anymore.

As a premium member, I feel betrayed I am very angry because i have to pay $94.47 chargebacks only because i sent tickets to the linden lab asking them to send the process credit money to my Paypal.

Thank you Linden Lab.

Was the chargeback from Linden Lab or from Paypal  for fees incurred when you cancelled you request?  From Tilia?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Asmar Zamani said:

Was the chargeback from Linden Lab or from Paypal  for fees incurred when you cancelled you request?  From Tilia?

The chargeback was from the Linden Lab "account security team".

Tilia is a subsidiary of Linden Lab, focused on payments and the compliance work associated with operating virtual economies, and it will provide services for both Second Life and Project Sansar.

Therefore, my guess would be that it's a charge from Tilia for basically a stop payment type thing.  Just as cancelling a transaction at your bank incurs a charge.  They might be the ones to contact if the LL support isn't helpful.

Contact
Phone: 855-979-1500
Email: support@tiliapay.freshdesk.com
Email: partnerships@tilia-inc.com

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sassy Kenin said:

I'm still confused!

we hear of course only fragments here but perhaps @Dakota Linden @Linden Lab or any other ... can sign in a financial Linden to explain this to us all, because nowhere i found the announcement of additional costs when going over to Tillia ..another way to grab some money?

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

we hear of course only fragments here but perhaps @Dakota Linden @Linden Lab or any other ... can sign in a financial Linden to explain this to us all, because nowhere i found the announcement of additional costs when going over to Tillia ..another way to grab some money?

I agree.  I haven't found any info about additional fees but chargebacks ARE fees charged for canceling transactions at banks.  

If you’re unfamiliar with chargebacks, they’re a kind of forced payment reversal, in which a cardholder’s bank (the issuer) reverses a transaction, withdrawing funds from your account. This is usually done at the customer’s request.

But it would be nice to hear from @Linden Labto clarify.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Asmar Zamani said:

As far as I know, we don't have to pay a fee to cancel the credit process, or is it a new law that I haven't informed of yet.

I didn't think so either which is why we'd like someone from LL to comment since you aren't getting any help from support.  Someone is charging you a chargeback fee so it would be nice to know exactly who and why.

• Like 1

Nothing like point the finger and run in circles.  Sounds a lot like the handling of the issue a few people had when PayPal started reclassifying L$ buys and some people got charged with credit card cash advance fees.  It took a few people staying on LL and PayPal to finally get that resolved.  This sounds like something that will also take persistence to get a solid explanation and a resolution.

Reopen your Support ticket and push for a more detailed explanation, requesting escalation if needed.

• Like 3

• Administrators

Hey there!

So just to clear a couple things up. If you cancel your Process Credit Request, we do not hold you liable for Chargebacks. Chargebacks are completely separate and are when an individual disputes transactions with their bank and has the transactions reversed, and do not have anything to do with canceling a Process Credit Request.

Unfortunately, I cannot go into details with your particular case here as this is a public forum, however I will make a point to follow up with your case with the agent(s) working on it to ensure that we clear up any confusion. If you have any additional questions or concerns, I recommend that you refer to your case (Case # 1600678) so that we may assist further from there.

Since this is not an issue we can help you with on the forums, I will be closing this case. Please keep an eye out for any updates to your case in the meantime.  It is rather late in the day for us, so you may not receive a response until tomorrow at the earliest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.