RIP Eddie Van Halen.

Axel UwU

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1286 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, belindacarson said:

And this has to do with SL, what exactly?

About as much as the half dozen or so game threads in the forums, as well as the What are you Watching Today & Do you Need to Vent about COVID-19, and probably many other threads that we've had here over the years.

While the description of the General Discussion does say "Second Life discussions welcome here!", the Community Guidelines tell us that it is not JUST for SL related stuff:

image.png.e5c8703c31c6c3161d39b3c15f1e6b8e.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, belindacarson said:

The General Discussion was created and maintained to have a section in the forums for users to start topics on things not-SL-specific anyway.

More musicians have been commemorated here and inworld before Eddie Van Halen and righteously so. 

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, belindacarson said:

For your education... 

Here's the "off topic" section of that post, with the operative word highlighted for you...

• Off Topic Content: Please keep your commentary relevant to the discussion and within the format that the forum, board or question and answer area require. (For example, in the Answers section, please follow the Q&A format of the discussion.) Content that is blatantly off topic is not permitted. You may also not post regarding subjects that do not relate to Second Life except in the General forum discussion board.

And finally, here's the navigation trail to this thread, from the top of the page...

Home > Forums > People Forum > General Discussion Forum > RIP Eddie Van Halen.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Caitlin Tobias said:

For one, Van Halen inspired many hairstyles for men in SL. And male appearance in general.

I've been wondering who to blame.

More seriously, 65 is such a young age now to die. Van Halen were really never my thing, but I'm genuinely sorry, both for him, and for those who cared about and loved his music. That he was supremely talented I have no doubt.

Very sad.

• Like 2

Life goal: to love doing something, anything, as much as EVH loved playing the guitar. His music is not even my taste but I loved watching the sheer joy of it. He never seemed like a pompous rock god type despite his total mastery. Inspired an entire generation to pick up the guitar. RIP.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1286 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.