Second inventory window

Chroma Starlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1292 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You don't say which viewer you are using.

In Firestorm, at the bottom of the inventory panel, there is another Inventory button which will cause a second instance of the inventory to open, and you can drag files from one to the other.

• Thanks 1

I think Ctrl + Shift + I will open the second instance of it (you can find the shortcut in the same place the inventory shortcut is). You can also just select "New Inventory Window" from the Inventory menu/button.

51 minutes ago, Odaks said:

You don't say which viewer you are using.

In Firestorm, at the bottom of the inventory panel, there is another Inventory button which will cause a second instance of the inventory to open, and you can drag files from one to the other.

Viewer doesn't matter, as with many things this is a globally shared thing.

Edited by NiranV Dean
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/5/2020 at 8:10 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Here is a visual for Firestorm.

image.thumb.png.727f45df5b7a3d9a5257caefbd2d7052.png

This is not actually part of the official sanctioned Second Life viewer (yet). I used to use a TPV called 'Emerald' and it had all these amazing features that extended SL to be a more fun experience and less frustrating, but I stopped using it when it was pointed out to me that they're unsupported and insecure, antisocial even. Has the meme changed?

Edited by Chroma Starlight

51 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

This is not actually part of the official sanctioned Second Life viewer (yet). I used to use a TPV called 'Emerald' and it had all these amazing features that extended SL to be a more fun experience and less frustrating, but I stopped using it when it was pointed out to me that they're unsupported and insecure, antisocial even. Has the meme changed?

Isn't Emerald viewer the one Firestorm replaced after the big scandal?  I remember hearing back in 2010? that some of the development team from emerald started Firestorm.  That's when I started using it and haven't used the LL viewer since.   Too many useful features I couldn't live without.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Isn't Emerald viewer the one Firestorm replaced after the big scandal?  I remember hearing back in 2010? that some of the development team from emerald started Firestorm.  That's when I started using it and haven't used the LL viewer since.   Too many useful features I couldn't live without.

Phoenix, you're thinking of Phoenix, the predecessor to Firestorm.

The current Phoenix/Firestorm dev team contain a few that jumped ship before the shenanigans the Emerald team pulled, having seen the direction things had been headed in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Phoenix, you're thinking of Phoenix, the predecessor to Firestorm.

The current Phoenix/Firestorm dev team contain a few that jumped ship before the shenanigans the Emerald team pulled, having seen the direction things had been headed in.

That^

5 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Yes it is part of the LL viewer. Ctrl + Shift + I works; to get it from the menu click the gear icon at the bottom of the inventory window and hit the top line.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Yes it is part of the LL viewer. Ctrl + Shift + I works; to get it from the menu click the gear icon at the bottom of the inventory window and hit the top line.

Untitled.thumb.png.086529e4fcb581f0505534c7107998a4.png

Aha, sure enough. And I think I see why I missed this in a cursory search, i cropped off the top of the menu because of that line and the low contrast and my carelessness.

Thank you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1292 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.