Oh, Lonesome World.

Krayne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Jared here. . .

Well. I've been on SL for a few days, but I'm really experienced on similar sites like IMVU. I made tons of friends, some really lasting ones and people I came to deeply care about. I'm basically looking for the same thing here. People who have similar interests and enjoy intelligent conversation. Preferably people who like to roleplay and write stories as well.

I'm a kind person. Loyal and patient. I hate drama. If any of this appeals to you, perhaps we can get to know one another?

hi Jared welcome to SL  a few suggestions for meeting people here:

1. Search is your friend...well, when it works it is lol.  Look in Events and Groups for Roleplay, Writers etc where you will find a gathering of like-minded avies vs hoping to stumble upon them.  There are many RP sims, writers and discussion groups inworld, you just need to find them

2.  Take some of the free inworld classes on anything.  Reccomend understanding the basics of building for everyone.  Even if you do not want to create anything, you use the same skills to build as you do to move furniture in your home, adjust or modify hair, clothing and jewelry prims to fit your body. Plus it is a good place to meet others. You will find classes in Search/Events/Education

The profile can say a lot about a person.

If you have a interest in RPing, story-telling, and wanting to meet like-minded people, make sure it states that in your profile text.

Also, join a few RP groups so that it shows up as your groups and picks on your profile.

Some people prefer to read up on a person before responding or start a chat.

Lastly, appearance in a virtual world is mostly superficial, so be sure to lose the noob looks, shop and wear some new skins, clothes and so on (there are a ton of freebie marketplaces everywhere), people respond better if you look less like a noob.

Welcome to SL and have fun!

Welcome to Second Life!

I'm Also a Newbie Myself, I Joined Second Life on May 5 (On my Other Account)

Its a Real fun Place but it Is seems to be a Little Lonely World, But Till These Awesome Forum Peeps Helped me, & I Would To Give you some Helps(:

All you have to do Is Make Your avatar look More Interesting, Grab up Some freebies you like, Make your Self feel Welcomed & Be Social

Go to some Bars, theres always Lots of Friendly Peoples there,Pretty Sure you'll find some Friends there, Just remember Dont Be Shy, But before you Connect to them Maybe try to Take a Peek on their Profile First & See what they Like & Dislike, From the way You Talk & Write stuffs I Can see that your Gonna have lots of Good friends, Goodluck (:

My profile has more info and interests on it than most veterans' I see, and my avatar looks pretty good. I spent some money on it. It's just difficult to find locations where people will actually talk to you and not think you're insane for trying to start a conversation. The people here I've met so far don't want to have conversations. They're surcafy and seem uninterested no matter the topic.

Oh, and if you click on my name you can see two photos of my avatar, I think it looks pretty decent.

You look like a vampire. Why don't you join Bloodlines? There are many hungry vampires who would be thrilled to bite you. Thereafter you are a member of a clan of which one of the purported advantages is a built-in community of friends and associates. Don't just let anyone bite you. Until you are bitten you have all the power. Choose your clan carefully.

Krayne:

Sorry to hear that people have not given you a welcoming reception.

Everyone that joins and plays SL does it for different reasons, so do expect that not everyone will be friendly (like all of us here).

You just need to find a better area to hang out, and enter the local chat of the area.

You may have to go through several places to do so before you find a comfortable area.

I do know that females tend to have more attention (most places sell more scantily clad fashion for women versus number of men wear) and vampire-looking fashion (which may include Goth) does have a bit of a bad rep.

My avi dresses like how I normally dress in rl: jeans, jacket and/or shirt, couple of arm tats..I get a lot of attention even when I am not starting a chat.

Get a few different clothing types for yourself, change every so often...like you said superficial, yes SL is superficial, so try a different look...

I have my street clothes, my business suit look, and my evening look in my inventory.

Hope you have better luck...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.