Want a free mesh?

Tagar1k

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1250 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings everyone, 

I am in the process of creating a 3d portfolio and currently, it's lacking in 3d game models, so I will take up to 5 custom mesh requests from you. 

Just two things... Please don't request avatar or clothing related stuff (hard/non bending accessories and everything else not related to avatars are fine) and be aware that I don't have unlimited free time so complicated meshes are out. 

Reply here for sorting purposes (dealing with both IMs and forum would make a big mess :v). 

Edited by Tagar1k
  • Like 3

Looking for a fullperm tiara similar to this one, but with more flexibility on coloring/texturing gems; I used "select face" correctly on the original, but still couldn't alter the faceted/mounted gems without applying the same change to the metal they're set in.  (An emerald and pearl tiara?  Classy.  A tiara with emeralds set in green metal that looks as if it came from a soda can?  Clownish.)  If you could mesh something with better-defined separations between faces than the other vendor sells, I'd be extremely grateful.

13 hours ago, Sean Heavy said:

I would love to have a bracelet for RuthTooRC3 (non-rigged is fine). I'll give it away as a group gift.

RuthTooRC3 MarketPlace

Examples of Bracelets that would be great!

~Sean

I will make it non rigged because I don't know yet how to rig an object to avatar (and also dunno how to import avatar to blender so I'd have a reference). I might also try to texture it with AO and image map but also, not sure of it yet.

Edited by Tagar1k

3 hours ago, Ingeborg Fromund said:

Looking for a fullperm tiara similar to this one, but with more flexibility on coloring/texturing gems; I used "select face" correctly on the original, but still couldn't alter the faceted/mounted gems without applying the same change to the metal they're set in.  (An emerald and pearl tiara?  Classy.  A tiara with emeralds set in green metal that looks as if it came from a soda can?  Clownish.)  If you could mesh something with better-defined separations between faces than the other vendor sells, I'd be extremely grateful.

So I'm guessing you want the gems to be as a separate object, or just make them bigger?

On 10/4/2020 at 11:50 PM, Tagar1k said:

Greetings everyone, 

I am in the process of creating a 3d portfolio and currently, it's lacking in 3d game models, so I will take up to 5 custom mesh requests from you. 

Just two things... Please don't request avatar or clothing related stuff (hard/non bending accessories and everything else not related to avatars are fine) and be aware that I don't have unlimited free time so complicated meshes are out. 

Reply here for sorting purposes (dealing with both IMs and forum would make a big mess :v). 

Hi Tagar,

in my opinion SL doesnt have enough green energy. I roamed the whole marketplace for low prim, but kinda detailed wind turbines, and didnt find anything pleasing at all.
I would like to set up a windpark with some of the modern turbines, preferable the ones with the water drop shaped engine house from Enercon. There are no interiours needed of course, but adding some details like warning lights, a door at the bottom and at the engine compartment, and wind gauges would be lovely.
wind2.thumb.png.10277e23c15724f699709745a9237de0.png

If thats still too simple for you, you could build an offshore version too, with a different foundation at the bottom. :)wind1.thumb.jpg.8a906e5f462960ccfb69d8d730d74e1c.jpg:)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Hi Tagar,

in my opinion SL doesnt have enough green energy. I roamed the whole marketplace for low prim, but kinda detailed wind turbines, and didnt find anything pleasing at all.
I would like to set up a windpark with some of the modern turbines, preferable the ones with the water drop shaped engine house from Enercon. There are no interiours needed of course, but adding some details like warning lights, a door at the bottom and at the engine compartment, and wind gauges would be lovely.
wind2.thumb.png.10277e23c15724f699709745a9237de0.png

If thats still too simple for you, you could build an offshore version too, with a different foundation at the bottom. :)wind1.thumb.jpg.8a906e5f462960ccfb69d8d730d74e1c.jpg:)

Ohh I really like that one! Will see what can I do here 😃

5 minutes ago, Tagar1k said:

Ohh I really like that one! Will see what can I do here 😃

Once i thought i would be very clever and i got a free 3D model of a wind turbine in the internet and even managed to import it to SL. But i didnt know what i was doing, and so i ended up with a Land Impact of around 500, what rendered that object absolutely useless :)

Back to topic. Would be nice, if you could split the whole thing into 2 parts (linksets)
-the tower and the gondola (what remains static)
-the rotor (thats what i will have to spin with a rotation script)

Or you split it into 3 parts: Tower, gondola, rotor.
Then one of my friends who is way smarter than me in terms of scripting, can make the gondola turn towards the wind automatically, while the rotor spins

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tagar1k said:

So I'm guessing you want the gems to be as a separate object, or just make them bigger?

Seperate objects -- not one face per individual stone, but still separate from their metal mountings so the texture doesn't "spill over" between them (that was causing the "soda-can metal" look in the marketplace item).  Each general region of stones in this color-coded  sample should keep its texture, shape, and placement except that the metal mountings and lower band around each stone become faces #7 and #8.

Thank you again for considering my request; I appreciate your generous offer.

2nd-life_tiara_front.png

2nd-life_tiara_side.png

Edited by Ingeborg Fromund
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tagar1k said:

Ohh I really like that one! Will see what can I do here

One thing you may not be aware of is that for 3 bladed propellers you will probably need to add a balancing triangle to the mesh so that the centre of rotation is at the centre of the objects Bounding Box. In Blender, assign this extra triangle its own material so that it can be set to be transparent when the turbine blade object is rezzed inworld.

Without the balancing triangle:

rotation2a.gif.76befad69bbfeeaec351905719de6bd4.gif

And with the extra tri :

rotation1a.gif.894388a6832cdff63664bf68567d00b1.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Tagar1k said:

I will make it non rigged because I don't know yet how to rig an object to avatar (and also dunno how to import avatar to blender so I'd have a reference). I might also try to texture it with AO and image map but also, not sure of it yet.

For reference, you can get a Blender file of RuthTooRC3 here: 

https://github.com/ocsean/RuthToo/tree/master/BlenderSource/BakesOnMesh

Thanks,
~Sean

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

@Tagar1kYou might have want to mention "non commercial", otherwise, I'm not 100% sure you're not asking to be taken advantage of here.

Im happy receiving the wind turbine with copy and modify rights (for texturing and stuff). I didnt expect to get it full perm at all.

3 hours ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

@Tagar1kYou might have want to mention "non commercial", otherwise, I'm not 100% sure you're not asking to be taken advantage of here.

Unfortunately I don't have L$ to upload the models and set perms, but still, I'm doing that for practice purposes.

Although donations would be deeply appreciated :P

Hi @Tagar1k

What I suggested earlier about adding a balancing triangle is OK in theory and works in practice  BUT ........ I did a test upload to check the LI of a "wind turbine" blade assembly, 3 x 29m long blades and a nose cone ( 883 triangles in total ) as a single object and the LI was ......... almost 20 at best !  So that is not the way to do it.

Uploading a single blade as one object and the nose cone as a second object then duplicating the Blade and assembling (linking) inworld gives much more acceptable results of like 3 to 4 LI when linked. (The model used in all 3 lower LoD slots for the blade had 10 tris. )

Just thought that I should let you know.    :)

Edited by Aquila Kytori
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aquila Kytori said:

Hi @Tagar1k

What I suggested earlier about adding a balancing triangle is OK in theory and works in practice  BUT ........ I did a test upload to check the LI of a "wind turbine" blade assembly, 3 x 29m long blades and a nose cone ( 883 triangles in total ) as a single object and the LI was ......... almost 20 at best !  So that is not the way to do it.

Uploading a single blade as one object and the nose cone as a second object then duplicating the Blade and assembling (linking) inworld gives much more acceptable results of like 3 to 4 LI when linked. (The model used in all 3 lower LoD slots for the blade had 10 tris. )

Just thought that I should let you know.    :)

You can as well make the model less detailed as well, since it's a background object + blades will be very high up (unless the deformation would be noticeable) but thanks for advice anyway

@Tagar1k @Aquila Kytori

I had some thougts about the rotor balancing issue and how to make it a little easier.

Apart from the tower and the gondola as a single object each, you actually just need to build the hub and one blade only.
Ill just copy that blade, place three of them around the hub, linking them, making the hub the parent prim, and then i simply put a rotation script into the hub.

a558c7d4268bef708a5544d56bb06772.gif

• Like 2

Even using "minimum" geometry, 8 vertices for the cross section of the blade, the lowest LI cost for the Blade assembly as a single object is LI= 9. (Blades each 30meters long)

When uploading a single blade with the same geometry and the cone as separate objects (with custom model for lower LoD) and reassembling inworld the L1= 2.

1475494981_MinimumvertexforwindturbineBlades-min.thumb.png.9c18e09d39af43589b9ac53a3461e4ba.png

@Tagar1k

See this post for a method of using a single vertex instead of a triangle to extend the Bounding box of a mesh :

Edited by Aquila Kytori
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1250 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.