512m2?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3952 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thank you Charolotte for your nice comments! I am indeed really happy with my new lifestyle..

Penny, thank you for your wise advice, you should have posted un slurl also I would love to take a look at your shop. Btw ive seen the prim oven before but thought of it as uber complicated to use although im almost halfway decent at building with reg prims, is it easier than it seemed?

• Like 1

I think I've been to Penny's shop a year or so ago and never realized it was -only- a 2048. As my avatar is likewise at the same scale as her, the place felt huge.

Along the same lines as Prim Oven is Sculpt Crafter. SC lets you do it with 10 prims in their sandbox for free, or a -LOT- of prims (up until you build a sculpty with the max edges than sculpty maps are allowed to have by SL's rules) if you buy it (but its a bit more expensive than Prim Oven).

Hee. Ok, here's an SLURL to the shop. Feel free to visit and look around.

As for Prim Oven, it's fairly simple.

You rez the Prim Oven object. It has a nice large button you press to rez a prim that is pre-set up to work. It's blue at both ends and has a Prim Oven prim script inside of it.

You build an object out of any combination of boxes or cylinders until you reach a max of 16 prims. The cylinders can be tapered, cut, etcetera however they cannot be hollow.

The scripts from the pre-set prims can also be taken out and placed in any cylinders or boxes so long as they conform to Prim Oven's limitations (ie: not hollow) Meaning you can take a pre-made multi-prim chair or table and make a scupt out of it.

Once you have your object make sure all of the prims are unlinked and within 20m of Prim Oven. Press another large button on Prim Oven to have it generate a sculpt map in HTML. Be sure you don't have anything that will be spitting chyat history text at you, it helps to be alone and in a quiet sim. Prim Oven will begin spitting out lines of HTML code that you can copy and paste into a text file on your computer. Once you have the HTML file Prim Ovenb has generated, drag that into a web browser, it will appear as a bitmap you can save. Upload the bitmap and apply it as a sculpt map for a prim. Voila! 

To texture it, be sure to set the texture up as instructed. (64x4 repeats) and there's even now a set of templates allowing you to create better textures that will apply to the appropriate faces of the sculpt easily.

I moistly use it to take furniture I've purchased in SL anmd reduce the prim count by replacing all the boxes and cylinders with a sculpt. Very easy way to reduce prims on a parcel.

• 2 years later...

I just came back to SL and when I was first here I honestly didn't stay more than a day. This time around I became a premium member. I am at a loss as to were to go to get the 512s2 land. Do I pay for it, who do I pay. Where is it located. I really want beach front land but I can't figure out how to search for it. I seriously need someone to hold my hand thru this ordeal. At this point buying a house in RL is a lot less scarier... Anyone have anything that can help? Please remember you are talking to a total newbie here. I seriously have no idea how this works I haven't even figured out how to put my dang shoes on yet:/ Anywho any help or advice is very much appreciated. Mistic

(Wow this is an old thread!)

There are lots of different ways to use your 512sq.m. of land, and you don't have to make any scary decisions right away that are binding forever. I'd suggest starting with a Linden Home. Maybe start here, watch the video, pick whichever model you want (assuming any are available at the moment), and try it out for a while.

If it happens that Linden Homes are out of stock at the moment you try, you can either try again later, or hunt around for a 512 parcel to buy from another resident on the Mainland. That's probably what you ultimately want to do with your Premium membership because you can do pretty much whatever you want with a Mainland parcel. The downside is that you'll want to find your own house and furnish it and all that--which is fun, but may be a little intimidating to start, which is why Linden Homes were invented: sort of "training wheels" for SL land ownership.

Qie Niangao wrote:

(Wow this is an old thread!)

I was going to say.  Especially because my post got tagged.

Qie Niangao wrote:

....which is why Linden Homes were invented: sort of "training wheels" for SL land ownership.

I like this analogy.  The thing about training wheels though is this.  Eventually your kids come to you and say, "I want them off my bike," or as a Parent you say, "It's time you learn to ride with out them."

In the long run I still maintain that the Linden Homes should have been a time limited perk.

Rather than applying themselves to cleaning up the mess that Mainland is, which would be a lot of work, LL chose an easy out.  In the long run my opinion is cleaning up Mainland would have had a long term greater benefit.

I do support the idea of very very minimal zoning on Mainland.  That some SIMs can be declared residential only.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3952 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.