Faces

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 1/8/2021 at 4:51 PM, Doc Carling said:

You can't be serious. You want to teach a German the German language? lol All the words in the screenshot that you posted have a negative attidude. The worst is "heimtückisch". Killing a person "heimtückisch" in Germany considers the law as murder of first degree. "Heimlicherweise" means you don't want that other people know what you are doing or that you are doing  something behind someones back. And "raffiniert" means clever, smart, unscrupelous. Well, neither I had something to hide nor any other similiar intension, when copied something by mistake. I assure you. Ok, I explained what happend. That should answer your question.

"heimtükisch" is the only word that is considered bad out of three, what makes you think this was the one i was aiming for? Just because you don't have something to hide doesn't mean you'd want someone to see your mistake...? Why did you correct your mistake and remove the quote rather than leaving it there and saying "i did a whoopsie but i'm leaving this here so the person doesn't come in here, confused as to what happened" you know... just like i did. Since no one has seen it (me included) and you obviously would have wanted me to not have noticed it in the first place, you did in fact do it "heimlisch", which doesn't mean you did it for nefarious reasons, you just didn't want anyone to see your mistake.

Edited by NiranV Dean

3 hours ago, NiranV Dean said:

"heimtükisch" is the only word that is considered bad out of three

Still stating that you know the meaning of German words better than a German? Ok, allow me to clarify something. Second Life is multilingual platform. Residents don't have any obligation to speak English. I think it is very polite and nice that I speak Englisch to you in respect of the fact that you probably don't speak German. But you cannot expect that a foreigner speaks and understands your local slang. That's a little bit too much. However, this discussion leads to nothing as long as you do demand to have more knowledge about a foreign language than the foreigner himself.  I assume you browsed google for the word meanings. Again, that is what happened: By mistake I quoted a link from one of your replies and the forum notificed you about that. That is all. How I deal with this situation isn't your or anyone elses business. I can delete it, paint it red, put it in frames, change it to a song or send it to the pope without that I have to justify my doing..

If you interprete my doing as "heimlisch (Correct spell: heimlich. I only mention that because you state to be German language expert.)", why would that be my fault?

Ok, lets stop here. What I said I think this talk leads to nowhere.

Edited by Doc Carling

8 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

Still stating that you know the meaning of German words better than a German? Ok, allow me to clarify something. Second Life is multilingual platform. Residents don't have any obligation to speak English. I think it is very polite and nice that I speak Englisch to you in respect of the fact that you probably don't speak German. But you cannot expect that a foreigner speaks and understands your local slang. That's a little bit too much. However, this discussion leads to nothing as long as you do demand to have more knowledge about a foreign language than the foreigner himself.  I assume you browsed google for the word meanings. Again, that is what happened: By mistake I quoted a link from one of your replies and the forum notificed you about that. That is all. How I deal with this situation isn't your or anyone elses business. I can delete it, paint it red, put it in frames, change it to a song or send it to the pope without that I have to justify my doing..

If you interprete my doing as "heimlisch (Correct spell: heimlich. I only mention that because you state to be German language expert.)", why would that be my fault?

Ok, lets stop here. What I said I think this talk leads to nowhere.

I'm making my statements AS german.

You speak in english because A) you apparently don't know i'm german. (Everyone else probably does and i wouldn't be surprised if they had a good laugh) and B) We are in the english part of the SL Forum, it is only logical to speak english here, everything else would be wrong and technically violating the rules although i'm sure no one acts on it simply because you cannot expect every being in existence to speak english good enough to come here and start a discussion, let alone ask for help in a manner that allows them to be helped. I'm speaking out of experience here because a lot of people approach me both in german and any other non-english language inside SL because they do not speak english well enough to ... well lets just call it "request help".

I never stated to be a german language expert at all, i just happen to know the meaning of what i was trying to say and i see you doing the very thing that i hate so much about the english language in general: multiple meanings per word, sometimes many, from good all the way to really nefarious meanings and you picked the worst, trying to make a statement that i joined the conversation with a possibly bad intend, which i don't and i think that i know exactly why you do, because i often happen to do the same but in most cases i can remind myself that not everything said has to be the worst possible scenario and that's why i'm trying to tell you that this isn't either. As german myself i'm telling you that you are misinterpreting what i said as some sort of attack, you just seem to get more and more obsessed with this, which is why this discussion is going nowhere. This discussion could have already ended before it even started if you didn't falsely see a negative intend in what i said. And now i'm telling you this as Niran because you are doing exactly what i did many times before you. You're riding yourself deeper into the sh*t.

Also yea, heimlich not heimlisch. Old habit of mine, even though i wrote it exactly like i read it, my fingers still went for the sch.

28 minutes ago, NiranV Dean said:

I'm making my statements AS german.

Now see who acts sneaky.  Anyway, I understand what you mean. Unfortunately the atmosphere in this thread is so poisoned that I perhaps overreacted. Sorry. 🙂

Edited by Doc Carling

18 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

Now see who acts sneaky.  Anyway, I understand what you mean. Unfortunately the atmosphere in this thread is so poisoned that I perhaps overreacted. Sorry. 🙂

Well i'm not exactly being sneaky about it. At least not from how easy apparently others can tell (probably by simply looking into my profile... even tho i don't remember writing that anywhere)

12 hours ago, Salt Peppermint said:

*scratches her head* ...

Why? This is the offical drama thread here in forum.  Everyone is allowed to start one. The pictures which I post are just decoration.

Edited by Doc Carling

42 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

That is a good one. Also the light.

Thanks Doc. While it's not quite the case that this was just "point and click," it is true that what makes the shot, particularly, is the combination of her avi's look, her pose, and her expression.

59 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

it is true that what makes the shot, particularly, is the combination of her avi's look, her pose, and her expression.

That is right. I agree. But nobody can see all these nice elements, when the picture is too dark or the light is wrong in other way. I think many residents underestimate the importance of light settings when they do pictures. I'm not talking about fancy settings. But a picture should be at least so bright that one can see what is displayed. As for me I experiment much with EEP. I'm aware that the results may not be everyones taste.

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.