Faces

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 12/31/2020 at 8:11 PM, Doc Carling said:

Gina. Lightstar Athena mesh head + custom shape with BoM.

gina.jpg

13 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

A LAQ Laia head on Maitreya mesh body + random classic skin + custom shape built with BoM.

blanche.jpg

blanchemono.jpg

I've seen enough of your images that I am starting to recognize your work. Nice images. Thanks for posting.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Erica Barbarossa said:

No, not kidding. I definitely spent much more time on mind connection, than I do on my look :) . Not that Erica looks ugly....just not too much!

Ah, mind connection. Is that possible in SL at all? I thought SL is about body connection. Well, thanks BoM it's normally not difficult to build unique looking avatars even for little money. Provided one owns a mesh body and head already and knows some basics.  Most of the avatars which I present in this thread use for example random skins which I found for low money on the market. The art and the most time consuming part is to create shapes which let those skins looking good. lol It's not that one and the same shape works with all mesh heads for example. On one brand a shape may look beautiful and on the next like a monster alien.  Anyway, first step would be to learn BoM.  Just to mention it, many residents still prefer to use appliers. That's ok. I don't mind. lol

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

Interesting. Perhaps I should give Black Dragon a try.

Black Dragon (BD) is the top viewer for rendering IMO. It uses a non-standard user interface, which can be annoying and make somethings difficult to find. If you use Firestorm's Phototools you'll REALLY be annoyed with BD. Its Machinima Tools are close but enough different that I really miss FS's tools when in BD.

BD's Poser is the BIG attraction for me. In my image above I used Poser to turn my head and focus my eyes on the camera as well as moving my hands outside my body.

I had to dig into BD and FS to get better shadows. So read my article Firestorm 6.4.12 Shadows for Photography. FS has most of the settings needed in their Phototools. Not so with Black Dragon.

Once either viewer has the settings changed for high quality shadows you can use the EEP/Windlight controls to adjust the shadow intensity and position. 

I mostly was interested in getting hair to face shadows. They are tedious and time consuming to add in PS. But, the settings changes affect ALL shadows. Learning ow the shadows are controlled allows me to get crisp or fuzzy-diffuse shadows.

On 1/5/2021 at 12:32 AM, Nalates Urriah said:

BD's Poser is the BIG attraction for me.

I use the Lelutka Axis head. And I have some other face expression huds. Many mesh heads come also mit animations in their huds. You know, if one works with this mix of mesh bodies, mesh heads, classic skins and BOM,  one has to consider many technical details. Not much energy left to lern new things. But I admit that I have to learn more about the use of shadows. Thanks for the link. I bookmarked your blog.

PS: I wonder why the reply  above was posted. I didn't click the save button.

Edited by Doc Carling

1 hour ago, Doc Carling said:

Entry disqualified! Jordan demands faces only. Like my pictures your picture shows also partly the upper body. 😭

blanche.jpg

I was wearing a shirt with a face on it, are you really so dumb you missed that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Gonna reiterate my thought that if you are going to do a thread about "faces", then it should focus on FACES.

2 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

Entry disqualified! Jordan demands faces only.

"Should" is not "must", "focus" is not "crop".

On 1/4/2021 at 7:38 AM, Doc Carling said:

Ah, mind connection. Is that possible in SL at all?

For you, or for the rest of us?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Tools are useful! But some of us aren't the "sharpest tool in the shed"..

If that was meant to me. Thanks God I was so lucky to met a bunch of some extraordinay smart house wives here in forum which have experience with all kind of knives. Oh, your profile picture could badly need a make over. When did you make it? 1993? 🙂

Edited by Doc Carling

2 hours ago, Talligurl said:

I was wearing a shirt with a face on it, are you really so dumb you missed that?

Mea culpa, Miss Talligurl. Still, I'm not sure if Jordan allows 2 faces on a picture. She can be very strict, you know.

Edited by Doc Carling

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

"Should" is not "must", "focus" is not "crop".

I wonder, if you could wear a black rubber dress and tigh high boots, when you teach me lessons, Miss Madelaine?

Edited by Doc Carling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.