Cannot log in from home without a VPN.

Jaden Gretzky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1292 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Can't log in from my home computer. I can't narrow down the issue.  As late as October 1 in the early morning I was able to log in but now I can't

When I try to connect with the client it starts with  "Verifying cache files (can take 30-60 seconds)" for about 20 seconds and then "Login failed. Despite our best efforts, something unexpected has gone wrong" if i try to connect again without restarting the program I instantly get the login failed message, it doesn't even seem to try to connect.

I did a clean install of firestorm, manually deleted my cache folders and temp folder contents, reset my windows firewall, still can't log in.

I checked my email to see if my account is suspended, yes, even my spam folders, and nothing. 

I have restarted my modem with a factory reset, same with my router, bought a new network adapter (I needed to replace the old one anyways) and that didn't work so I thought for some reason my IP became banned

I can log into to the account webpage, marketplace, etc, I can connect with my phone from my home network, and I can connect on my computer when my VPN is on, but I don't always want to use my VPN just to go on SL. 

If it's an IP ban how am I able to connect with my phone client on the same network my PC is on? 

If it's an issue with my PC setup how am I able to connect with my VPN on? 

4 answers to this question

On 10/2/2020 at 11:31 PM, Larkast said:

I would also suggest spoofing your MAC address, I know that sounds wierd because you have a new network card so the MAC address would be different, but its worth a try

if it's a cable modem, most mso's say not to clone them now.  if I clone mine, I get a call and my modem is knocked off line. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1292 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.