Unable to log in to SL?

KorisTheGote

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So, just a short while ago, I got hit by a massive lag spike, so I logged out to try and refresh my connection.  Then, when I try logging in, it won't let me, instead hanging on Logging In... before kicking me back out saying something went wrong.  Is there any way to fix this?  I tried reinstalling my viewer, and rebooting my computer, as well as trying a different viewer.  Still same results.

6 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, KorisTheGote said:

So, just a short while ago, I got hit by a massive lag spike, so I logged out to try and refresh my connection.  Then, when I try logging in, it won't let me, instead hanging on Logging In... before kicking me back out saying something went wrong.  Is there any way to fix this?  I tried reinstalling my viewer, and rebooting my computer, as well as trying a different viewer.  Still same results.

Your avatar my have gotten hung up trying to log you out.  Have a friend IM you or if you have an alt, see if they can log in.

Just now, RowanMinx said:

Your avatar my have gotten hung up trying to log you out.  Have a friend IM you or if you have an alt, see if they can log in.

All my friends can log into the region I'm in no problem, and they saw me vanish when I logged out.  Though it did take a bit longer than usual before my viewer closed out when I did.

Just now, KorisTheGote said:

All my friends can log into the region I'm in no problem, and they saw me vanish when I logged out.  Though it did take a bit longer than usual before my viewer closed out when I did.

Try logging into a different region.  On the log in type Tromp where it usually says home or last location.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.