I have questions about my new Belleza body

Foggypebble Muircastle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

25 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Try to open what you are wearing, the shirt tab. Stand next to it. Take a snapshot that shows interface. Post it here. It always helps.

Have you used the BoM relay?

I got out and went back in and was able to fix the two avatar issue

I don't know anything about bakes on mesh yet.

Edited by Foggypebble Muircastle
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Foggypebble Muircastle said:

Next question: why are her toes clipping through the floor when I put her feet on high heel mode?

She need a footshaper for high heels. It is those old shoes with a shoe symbol. You can make those yourself, or use one from a pair of high heels. Or is it some footshapes with the body? Their only purpose now is to lift avatars up.

Have you never encountered this before... that your avatar may hoover or sink into floors, mesh or not mesh? It is a very common problem in SL, different surfaces act differently

• Like 1

adding to what Marianne said

right-click on our avatar and menu: Hover Height, can be our our friend

we can often end up adjusting our Hover Height even with footshapers. Not only for different platform heights on all of our different shoes, but also our AO animations and HUD dance animations can have slightly different height (pelvis) offsets as made by the various creators. SO we end up tweaking our Hover Height to compensate 

one day Linden might make it so that when we Save Outfit then it automagically saves the current Hover Height with the outfit.  Until then oh! well and just do it manually each time we need to when  we change our outfits

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

She need a footshaper for high heels. It is those old shoes with a shoe symbol. You can make those yourself, or use one from a pair of high heels. Or is it some footshapes with the body? Their only purpose now is to lift avatars up.

Have you never encountered this before... that your avatar may hoover or sink into floors, mesh or not mesh? It is a very common problem in SL, different surfaces act differently

11 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

we can often end up adjusting our Hover Height even with footshapers. Not only for different platform heights on all of our different shoes, but also our AO animations and HUD dance animations can have slightly different height (pelvis) offsets as made by the various creators. SO we end up tweaking our Hover Height to compensate 

one day Linden might make it so that when we Save Outfit then it automagically saves the current Hover Height with the outfit.  Until then oh! well and just do it manually each time we need to when  we change our outfits

Thank you guys. I’ll increase hover height until I get a foot shaper for isis

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

💡 Ah ! 

I have adjusted hover height & it's fine, then tp somewhere & see that my feet are sinking again.  This seems to be in standing position (ie. walking & they are fine again).  tbh I'm not that fussed about it, then again I'm not wearing high heels !

1 hour ago, Mollymews said:

wouldn't solve creating/adjusting a new footshaper and adding it to the outfit this problem?

40 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

wouldn't solve creating/adjusting a new footshaper and adding it to the outfit this problem?

Normally yes, that's why I do myself. Each pair of heels, boots and so on uses different footshaper adjusted to not fly or sink, on the flat ground at least, so saving outfit like that does the trick. But it's not the case with belleza bodies. The footshaper doesn't do anything for them (at least for the female bodies, didn't test with Jake). Instead they come with attachments that pushes avatar higher. It's a very inconvenient system to say the least, since it limits adjustments to those attachments (there are 3 or 4) or forcing user to use the hover slider.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it can yes

a thing with foot shapers (avatar shoe asset) is that when set the heel height to max. 100 and platform height to max. 100 then it can sometimes not be high enough for some footwear

for example  when use standard Linden stand animation with the Maitreya Lara in high foot shape the max. distance between the ground and the ball of  the foot is 6 centimetres. Which is enough space for most shoes, but for high platform boots and shoes then sometimes not high enough

Edited by Mollymews
centi not milli
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, steeljane42 said:

Normally yes, that's why I do myself. Each pair of heels, boots and so on uses different footshaper adjusted to not fly or sink, on the flat ground at least, so saving outfit like that does the trick. But it's not the case with belleza bodies. The footshaper doesn't do anything for them (at least for the female bodies, didn't test with Jake). Instead they come with attachments that pushes avatar higher. It's a very inconvenient system to say the least, since it limits adjustments to those attachments (there are 3 or 4) or forcing user to use the hover slider.

I bought a Venus when it was brand new in 2014, but it had so many problems. I was wearing it a week, took it off and has never used it again.

So the mesh body has attachments to adjust the feet? That is what @Foggypebble Muircastlemust use.

I did not know that the footshapers does not work on them. Are the attachments in the Belleza folder, and is it instructions, how to use them?

19 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Are the attachments in the Belleza folder, and is it instructions, how to use them?

Been ages since I used it as well, but it had a notecard with instructions for sure. Objects should be called something like "bare foot *some number* ". Number indicates how high it'll push an avatar.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

You would think so but the surface you are standing on can also have an effect.  Often, I'm fine at home then tp somewhere and I'm either sinking or floating so hover height is just easier.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.