Jump to content

I am waiting for Premium Plus and Stilt homes, I am not a patient person


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Aurore Dreamscape said:

So, what is the best way to find out when the stilt homes are released?

And, what is premium plus?? 

Premium Plus is the name of the higher level of Premium that will be available someday, but nobody knows when.

The Stilt homes will be release sometime after LL's migration to the cloud is completed, but we do not know exactly when.

Keep an eye on the Blogs:   https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/

 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In general, everything is still running full steam ahead.  There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes, and not just for my team, but across the Lab.   The uplift efforts are proceeding very wel

Hang in there, GOH team!  I have no idea what the release date is --- I just work here, after all  🤪 --- but stilt houses are coming Soon™.  We'll need a distraction from  the cooler weather ahead (we

I am confused as to your reasoning here. Bloggers are not given free premium accounts, nor are they allowed to select a home of their choice. You are perfectly free to make as many accounts as you are

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Aurore Dreamscape said:

So, what is the best way to find out when the stilt homes are released?

And, what is premium plus?? 

As per other comments - Stilt Homes well be released once the migration of services to the cloud has been completed and LL are ready to start rolling with region availability once more.

Premium Plus had been planned as a new higher cost (with more options) subscription account, with an original target launch date of "after Last Names". However, it was officially placed "on hold" in mid-2020 for several reasons (including people's finances being hit by the pandemic situation as companies sought to reduce costs by people people on furlough, + a re-focusing of eeforts on the cloud migration).

Currently, Premium Plus remains very much on the back burner, and is simply being referred to as something LL are "still considering" when raised at user group meetings. As such, I would not expect it any time Soon(TM).

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

The SL Chrismas Expo is coming in December (4-13), so I'm wondering if there might be a reveal there of the theme that's after the stilt homes. I hope so!:) We've seen theme reveals and examples at other Expo's. Fingers crossed....

Edit - I've just remembered that there was a LH reveal at last year's Christmas Expo...

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2020 at 7:39 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Premium Plus is the name of the higher level of Premium that will be available someday, but nobody knows when.

The Stilt homes will be release sometime after LL's migration to the cloud is completed, but we do not know exactly when.

Keep an eye on the Blogs:   https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/

 

Thank you, I was trying to figure out where the announcement of new SL homes would be posted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2020 at 11:22 AM, Inara Pey said:

As per other comments - Stilt Homes well be released once the migration of services to the cloud has been completed and LL are ready to start rolling with region availability once more.

Premium Plus had been planned as a new higher cost (with more options) subscription account, with an original target launch date of "after Last Names". However, it was officially placed "on hold" in mid-2020 for several reasons (including people's finances being hit by the pandemic situation as companies sought to reduce costs by people people on furlough, + a re-focusing of eeforts on the cloud migration).

Currently, Premium Plus remains very much on the back burner, and is simply being referred to as something LL are "still considering" when raised at user group meetings. As such, I would not expect it any time Soon(TM).

Thank you! I was trying to figure out where to look for the announcement of new Linden Homes. I guess no details on what the "more options"  will be for Premium Plus since it's still just a consideration? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love that this thread is mostly filled with users with more than one premium  av. There are people in other threads that would be thrilled to know that we are coming off the bellisseria high to free up some homes for them. But there always come  a time when we need to rethink how many paid memberships we have  verus how many we need. Many of us that will downgrade a few of our additional  premium accounts,  maybe would have done it  before the release of the the new Bellisseria homes it just perpetuated the inevitable.  Now that the excitement has died down and it is back to rational thinking will will adjust how we spend our money in sl. I still love sl like crazy and I am sure I will always have at least one  bellisseria home. But like a lot of you  I'm waiting for the stilt homes, to see what AV will be losing its premium status.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

From the SL Tools and Technology post:

Quote

Uplift of the Release Candidate regions, which will bring the count into the thousands, will begin soon. When we're confident that uplifted regions are working well at that larger scale, we'll be in a position to resume region sales, so if you've been waiting - the wait is almost over.

Overall, the Uplift project is on track to be complete or very nearly so by the end of this year

The wait is almost over! The time is nigh! Stilt homes cometh!😁

 

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Uplift of the Release Candidate regions, which will bring the count into the thousands, will begin soon. When we're confident that uplifted regions are working well at that larger scale, we'll be in a position to resume region sales, so if you've been waiting - the wait is almost over.

So if I squint sideways at @Oz Linden 's post, I can see a little daylight between the completion of Project Uplift, still slated for the end of the year, and resumption of region sales.  Region sales are seemingly dependent on an earlier milestone of successfully moving the RC channel to the cloud, if I read this correctly.?

Indeed, I suppose it is quite possible that resumption of region sales is a necessary milestone before Project Uplift can be called complete.

No matter how early November turns out in the US, there will be a contingent of U.S. based SL residents greatly in need of good news around Christmas time.  Here's hoping SL can provide some!

/me bide(n)s her time.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...