I am waiting for Premium Plus and Stilt homes, I am not a patient person

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Aurore Dreamscape said:

So, what is the best way to find out when the stilt homes are released?

And, what is premium plus?? 

Premium Plus is the name of the higher level of Premium that will be available someday, but nobody knows when.

The Stilt homes will be release sometime after LL's migration to the cloud is completed, but we do not know exactly when.

Keep an eye on the Blogs:   https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Aurore Dreamscape said:

So, what is the best way to find out when the stilt homes are released?

And, what is premium plus?? 

As per other comments - Stilt Homes well be released once the migration of services to the cloud has been completed and LL are ready to start rolling with region availability once more.

Premium Plus had been planned as a new higher cost (with more options) subscription account, with an original target launch date of "after Last Names". However, it was officially placed "on hold" in mid-2020 for several reasons (including people's finances being hit by the pandemic situation as companies sought to reduce costs by people people on furlough, + a re-focusing of eeforts on the cloud migration).

Currently, Premium Plus remains very much on the back burner, and is simply being referred to as something LL are "still considering" when raised at user group meetings. As such, I would not expect it any time Soon(TM).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

The SL Chrismas Expo is coming in December (4-13), so I'm wondering if there might be a reveal there of the theme that's after the stilt homes. I hope so!:) We've seen theme reveals and examples at other Expo's. Fingers crossed....

Edit - I've just remembered that there was a LH reveal at last year's Christmas Expo...

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 5

On 10/12/2020 at 7:39 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Premium Plus is the name of the higher level of Premium that will be available someday, but nobody knows when.

The Stilt homes will be release sometime after LL's migration to the cloud is completed, but we do not know exactly when.

Keep an eye on the Blogs:   https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/

Thank you, I was trying to figure out where the announcement of new SL homes would be posted.

On 10/13/2020 at 11:22 AM, Inara Pey said:

As per other comments - Stilt Homes well be released once the migration of services to the cloud has been completed and LL are ready to start rolling with region availability once more.

Premium Plus had been planned as a new higher cost (with more options) subscription account, with an original target launch date of "after Last Names". However, it was officially placed "on hold" in mid-2020 for several reasons (including people's finances being hit by the pandemic situation as companies sought to reduce costs by people people on furlough, + a re-focusing of eeforts on the cloud migration).

Currently, Premium Plus remains very much on the back burner, and is simply being referred to as something LL are "still considering" when raised at user group meetings. As such, I would not expect it any time Soon(TM).

Thank you! I was trying to figure out where to look for the announcement of new Linden Homes. I guess no details on what the "more options"  will be for Premium Plus since it's still just a consideration? 

• Like 2

I love that this thread is mostly filled with users with more than one premium  av. There are people in other threads that would be thrilled to know that we are coming off the bellisseria high to free up some homes for them. But there always come  a time when we need to rethink how many paid memberships we have  verus how many we need. Many of us that will downgrade a few of our additional  premium accounts,  maybe would have done it  before the release of the the new Bellisseria homes it just perpetuated the inevitable.  Now that the excitement has died down and it is back to rational thinking will will adjust how we spend our money in sl. I still love sl like crazy and I am sure I will always have at least one  bellisseria home. But like a lot of you  I'm waiting for the stilt homes, to see what AV will be losing its premium status.

• Like 1

From the SL Tools and Technology post:

Uplift of the Release Candidate regions, which will bring the count into the thousands, will begin soon. When we're confident that uplifted regions are working well at that larger scale, we'll be in a position to resume region sales, so if you've been waiting - the wait is almost over.

Overall, the Uplift project is on track to be complete or very nearly so by the end of this year

The wait is almost over! The time is nigh! Stilt homes cometh!😁

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Uplift of the Release Candidate regions, which will bring the count into the thousands, will begin soon. When we're confident that uplifted regions are working well at that larger scale, we'll be in a position to resume region sales, so if you've been waiting - the wait is almost over.

So if I squint sideways at @Oz Linden 's post, I can see a little daylight between the completion of Project Uplift, still slated for the end of the year, and resumption of region sales.  Region sales are seemingly dependent on an earlier milestone of successfully moving the RC channel to the cloud, if I read this correctly.?

Indeed, I suppose it is quite possible that resumption of region sales is a necessary milestone before Project Uplift can be called complete.

No matter how early November turns out in the US, there will be a contingent of U.S. based SL residents greatly in need of good news around Christmas time.  Here's hoping SL can provide some!

/me bide(n)s her time.

• Like 3

I'm currently in Ponytail, and had the privilege of hearing my neighbors do the nasty for an entire afternoon (Good for them!!)  Trouble is, if I can hear them, then they can hear me.  All that said, the houses, while cute, are very small, have no place for a shower or kitchen, and I'm pretty sure they frown on using the roof.  I'm hoping that something nicer will be available soon.  I know people fool around...I just don't want them to be embarrassed, and would like to have a conversation that can't be heard over at the neighbors.  Any advice?  "Deal with it" has already been mentioned, as well as rent/buy land...I'd just like to have a nice place, nothing really over the top.  

3 minutes ago, Transmogrify said:

I'm currently in Ponytail, and had the privilege of hearing my neighbors do the nasty for an entire afternoon (Good for them!!)  Trouble is, if I can hear them, then they can hear me.  All that said, the houses, while cute, are very small, have no place for a shower or kitchen, and I'm pretty sure they frown on using the roof.  I'm hoping that something nicer will be available soon.  I know people fool around...I just don't want them to be embarrassed, and would like to have a conversation that can't be heard over at the neighbors.  Any advice?  "Deal with it" has already been mentioned, as well as rent/buy land...I'd just like to have a nice place, nothing really over the top.  

When you click the box that restricts sounds to your parcel, it also mutes sounds from outside your parcel.  Even if you don't want to keep it that way all the time, it is an option for occasionally blocking out the neighbors.

The MP has a variety of add-ons that you can purchase to sub-divide rooms or to add additional rooms.  That is what most people do to get the space for kitchens, bathrooms, etc...

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Transmogrify said:

Any advice?  "Deal with it" has already been mentioned, as well as rent/buy land...I'd just like to have a nice place, nothing really over the top.  

Hello @Transmogrify, welcome to the forums!  Can we call you Janet?  Or perhaps just Bee?  (that poem is absolutely the only other place I've ever seen your name!)  😀

Another option for frisky neighbors is to make them invisible to you and vice versa, by unchecking the magic privacy box.  This Land Page tab looks a little different in Firestorm, but the box is still there.

594d689b39d69_AboutLand-Hidingavatars.pn

Many of us here play the "Game of Homes", hopping between Linden Homes just for the fun of it.  If I had those neighbors (who, btw, are not supposed to be doing that on Moderate land!  It would be OK if they used privacy, but they could be AR'd for just hanging it all out there, I think), I would probably just quietly pick up my toys and find another place.

Re: small homes - yes, the rooms are smallish.  Some of the not-yet-released Stilt Homes have more open floor plans.  For a clinic on what you can do with add-ons, check these two recent posts (both about the same home) from the amazing @Marianne Little.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/436002-bellisserians-show-off-your-home-and-garden/page/131/?tab=comments#comment-2202653

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/436002-bellisserians-show-off-your-home-and-garden/page/132/?tab=comments#comment-2203061

She builds her own add-ons, but I have bought lovely ones on the Marketplace.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.