My stand button is missing when I'm dancing

sassywheelz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I don't know what happened but when I'm dancing the stand button is no longer available for me to stop my avatar from moving. I realize that there are ways to stop it on the dance button. However, I would really like my stand but back. I'm using Second Life and not firestorm, which seems to be a huge issue when it comes to getting help. I really need some feedback please.

Thank you,

Sassy

10 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, sassywheelz said:

I don't know what happened but when I'm dancing the stand button is no longer available for me to stop my avatar from moving. I realize that there are ways to stop it on the dance button. However, I would really like my stand but back. I'm using Second Life and not firestorm, which seems to be a huge issue when it comes to getting help. I really need some feedback please.

Thank you,

Sassy

Are you dancing on another person's HUD?  I haven't done that in ages but there's usually something you need to type in local to stop it.  Such as /99stop.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sassywheelz said:

I think that I fixed it I'm just not sure how. But it seems like I can stand now when I'm wanting to stop dancing. I appreciate everybody's help.

Could have just been lag. I've had that happen at a busy venue.  Good to know you're back to normal!

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Again, I am a Firestorm person. Hope that translates over. No clue why you aren't seeing STAND.

For years now the STAND button has been missing for me and I only use Firestorm.  I can only think that there is a combination of preferences that cause this to happen.  It isn't a big deal, I just right click my name tag and choose STAND UP from there.

11 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

For years now the STAND button has been missing for me and I only use Firestorm.  I can only think that there is a combination of preferences that cause this to happen.  It isn't a big deal, I just right click my name tag and choose STAND UP from there.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/380392-quotstandquot-button-no-longer-shows/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Ah-ha, mine was of the variety that the chat bar was stretched too far over to the right and off the screen.  Surprisingly not obvious to realize.  Hard to figure out how to correct it too.  Had to un-maximize the viewer window and drag it off-screen to the left so that I could stretch the window far enough to the right to see the end of the chat bar.  Once the chat bar was resized to the visible area, the stand button showed up.  No idea how that originally happened.

Thanks for the link @RowanMinx

Edited by Gabriele Graves
corrections.
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Ah-ha, mine was of the variety that the chat bar was stretched too far over to the right and off the screen.  Surprisingly not obvious to realize.  Hard to figure out how to correct it too.  Had to un-maximize the viewer window and drag it off-screen to the left so that I could stretch the window far enough to the right to see the end of the chat bar.  Once the chat bar was resized to the visible area, the stand button showed up.  No idea how that originally happened.

Thanks for the link @RowanMinx

Thanks to Lindal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.