advice on buying a roadside mainland parcel

LiamFangzDemorte

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, LiamFangzDemorte said:

no wanted roadside some people  see are selling

there are loads of abandoned and waterside parcels, find one you like, create a ticket and tell LL how much you want to buy (sqm) with coordinates, with a bit of luck they will do that for 1L$ sqm ... not thousends as most resident sellers do.

• Like 1

I bought a 1024 roadside parcel a couple of months ago for about $900 L. There was a 64 sq m roadside parcel partially in front of it, so I imed the owner asking if he would sell it to me, and instead he gave it to me.

There is lots of roadside available, you just have to search for a reasonably priced one, and sometimes wait for one to show up.

1 hour ago, TalentBoy said:

It will go quicker if you have parcel border to land you want to buy from Lindens (Abandoned land i mean so no one get confused)😐

nobody is confused, but your answer isn't right. They let the connecting parcel preference go years ago. They will however look if a auction isn't a chance on bringing more competition (= possible higher price)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Thanks 1

On 10/4/2020 at 4:41 PM, LiamFangzDemorte said:

noone buys lands here 

I think you overpaid but you were in a hurry and now you have some land so focus on that. I would have said buy in the continent Corsica because it seems to be made for driving and has a lot of nice Linden building and roads, although not to everyone's taste.

You paid less than $2 L per sq m for road front. In my opinion, that's a reasonable price.

When you go to sell it, two things to remember, a: you probably won't be able to sell it for a profit, and b: you probably won't break even. As your tier date approaches, or your impatience to purchase another parcel grows, you might consider selling to a flipper, who will probably give you about $0.5 L per sq m, and will then turn around and relist it for more or less what you originally paid.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.