hazeleyedwings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 minutes ago, hazeleyedwings said:

What are the most suitable Skins, Clothes shops for Legacy Body and Genus Head (Strong Face) either inworld and Marketplace

Am new to this BOM thing so if there are options for this I would appreciate an explanation on how to make it work. That way I could use it for Skin, Make Up or Tattoos

Hi Hazel,

Both Genus and Legacy are very well supported now -- especially Genus, at the moment. So you should find nice things for them in most places.

For skins, I've used The Skinnery, which is quite good, but I'm a new convert to Session, which I find more detailed and realistic. Others I'm sure will have suggestions too. If you're using BoM for the body, you shouldn't have any trouble finding a body skin.

Clothing depends more on what you like. All of the big name brands, and a lot of the mid to small ones, now support Legacy. Personally, I find most of the bigger names a bit bland, style wise. A lot of them seem to have found a niche that works, and they're just pumping out variations on a theme. But it may be a theme you like? What style are looking for?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hazeleyedwings said:

What are the most suitable Skins, Clothes shops for Legacy Body and Genus Head (Strong Face) either inworld and Marketplace

Am new to this BOM thing so if there are options for this I would appreciate an explanation on how to make it work. That way I could use it for Skin, Make Up or Tattoos

I've been using itGirls skins.. Love!y faces with matching body skin as a separate purchase.  The body skins come with BOM options included for breasts.

• Like 2

Check 7 Deadly Skins, most of their Skins are for Genus and they usually have discounts and free gifts.  Another brand I like and recommend is Amara Beauty, they have a lot of skins for Genus. Both brands come with full skins, what I mean is they include the face and body skin in the same layer. 

• Like 2

I don't have any particular recommendations for you unless you are looking for paler skins, then it's Deetalez.  IMO, she has the best tones for lighter skins.

Also, go to the shops inworld to look for skins as many skin creator's don't put all their skins on Marketplace.

As far as clothing, just DEMO.  Most clothing makers include most bodies.  Some do only Maitreya.  Some may do only Maitreya and Legacy, so just keep trying on DEMOS.

If you list a clothing "style" that might get more responses to help narrow down what you are looking for.  

• Like 1

Lots of options for skins, if you have a certain look in mind we can maybe narrow it down for you. As in other posts, I really recommend checking out Flickr to see what is out there for Legacy body and the Genus head. They both have groups there where you can see vendor ads of the newest creations. I would link them, but I think it might be against the rules. As for an explanation for how BOM works, no one does it better than Skell. He wrote a wonderful in-depth article on his blog that is helpful no matter what head/body you have. I suggest reading that, and giving it a go yourself. Remember to make a saved outfit of your current look while you play with BOM, it will save you the time of  putting yourself back together.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Hi Hazel,

Both Genus and Legacy are very well supported now -- especially Genus, at the moment. So you should find nice things for them in most places.

For skins, I've used The Skinnery, which is quite good, but I'm a new convert to Session, which I find more detailed and realistic. Others I'm sure will have suggestions too. If you're using BoM for the body, you shouldn't have any trouble finding a body skin.

Clothing depends more on what you like. All of the big name brands, and a lot of the mid to small ones, now support Legacy. Personally, I find most of the bigger names a bit bland, style wise. A lot of them seem to have found a niche that works, and they're just pumping out variations on a theme. But it may be a theme you like? What style are looking for?

Hi Scylla!

Thank you very much for commenting on my "scream for help" post LOL

Definitely will take your suggestions into consideration and will check them out. I am trying to shop inworld more than Marketplace but sometimes you find things on each place that you can't find in the other ...

I didn't have a specific style in mind...since I am hispanic/latina in RL I wanted to kind of go in that direction with the looks as well on SL. Not sure whether that will help to kind of be able to narrow it down to specific brands or creators for clothing etc. 

Once again huge thanks for commenting and feel free to get back to my answer :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

I don't have any particular recommendations for you unless you are looking for paler skins, then it's Deetalez.  IMO, she has the best tones for lighter skins.

Also, go to the shops inworld to look for skins as many skin creator's don't put all their skins on Marketplace.

As far as clothing, just DEMO.  Most clothing makers include most bodies.  Some do only Maitreya.  Some may do only Maitreya and Legacy, so just keep trying on DEMOS.

If you list a clothing "style" that might get more responses to help narrow down what you are looking for.  

Hey Fairre,

Thank you very much for commenting.

Definitely will take your suggestions into consideration and will check them out. I didn't have a specific style in mind...since I am hispanic/latina in RL I wanted to kind of go in that direction with the looks as well on SL. Not sure whether that will help to kind of be able to narrow it down to specific brands or creators for clothing etc. 

Once again huge thanks for commenting and feel free to get back to my answer :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Laurel Aurelia said:

Lots of options for skins, if you have a certain look in mind we can maybe narrow it down for you. As in other posts, I really recommend checking out Flickr to see what is out there for Legacy body and the Genus head. They both have groups there where you can see vendor ads of the newest creations. I would link them, but I think it might be against the rules. As for an explanation for how BOM works, no one does it better than Skell. He wrote a wonderful in-depth article on his blog that is helpful no matter what head/body you have. I suggest reading that, and giving it a go yourself. Remember to make a saved outfit of your current look while you play with BOM, it will save you the time of  putting yourself back together.

Wow Laurel THANK YOU!

First of all for taking your time to explain it that well and leaving the link for some guidance regarding BOM. I actually don't have Flickr but might try see if I can get a look into it to find those ads or inspirations regarding Legacy/Genus combo.

I didn't have a specific style in mind...since I am hispanic/latina in RL I wanted to kind of go in that direction with the looks as well on SL. Not sure whether that will help to kind of be able to narrow it down to specific brands or creators for clothing etc. at least that is my idea.

Huge thanks once again

• Like 2

You do not mention a budget, if you have one.

Revoul can be suited for you. They have Monday sales on a skin, different ones each time. This is only a head skin, body skins sold separately. It is still a good deal. So you missed this week's sale. But here are the Flickr, if that looks good for you, go there and demo some. https://www.flickr.com/photos/revoul/with/50395007276/

Edited by Marianne Little

I would definitely recommend checking out Pepe skins along with the others that have been mentioned here in this thread. I am glad you found Skell's article helpful. I had thought about writing something up myself since I do help people make the transition a lot, but I don't think I could have written something that would be better . Feel free to hit me up in-world for more links.

7 Deadly Skins have a lot for Genus and they also do sales and special offers each week, as well as Lucky Boards and Midnight Mania. There's also a "Stay At Home" gift in the back of the store. So you can potentially get a variety of skins for very little cost.

4 hours ago, Maitimo said:

7 Deadly Skins have a lot for Genus and they also do sales and special offers each week, as well as Lucky Boards and Midnight Mania. There's also a "Stay At Home" gift in the back of the store. So you can potentially get a variety of skins for very little cost.

I started my SL with a 1 linden skin because I could not decide on what I wanted yet.  It's not a bad idea to take it slow, and even with my taking it slow, my first two mesh head purchases were a total disappointment.  Some mistakes are costly.  So it's good to ask a lot of questions.  Don't rush into it.  Wait until you go "wow".  That's my best advice to the OP.  I don't buy it unless I go "wow" now.  

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.