I'm having trouble applying a hair base, Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Swurvin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been trying to attach a hairbase for the past hour, with no luck. I'm using the Lelutka Skyler Head with the Signature Gianni Body.

Whenever i try to apply it, nothing shows up, I'm kind of stumped at this point.

I've tried Moddulus hair bases and CL hair bases, with no luck.

I'm fairy new to second life, maybe i'm applying it wrong? I hit the yellow box first and then the little red dragon.w2UiZRy.png

Edited by Swurvin
typo

• Swurvin changed the title to I'm having trouble applying a hair base, Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I think I know why. You are trying to use a BoM hairbase, but you have used an applier for skin. An applier is what we call the box symbols, that attach to the screen, and you click to apply the skin.

This applied skin works as a barrier, nothing with the "dragon" pink symbol (like the hairbase) will be visible.

The head itself is not compatible with the hairbase with the box symbol, that attach to the screen.

So the hairbase applier does not work, because the head is a new line that does not take it.

The pink dragon (tattoo layer) does not work because you have applied a skin that work as a barrier.

Take a look in the folders for the head skin and body skin. Is it only box symbols there, or is it skin symbols and pink tattoo layers symbols? The skin symbol is looking like the symbol for "Ashton", that is the skin for one of the starter avatars.

Then do this: Take off the alpha layer. If you want to keep your eyes as they are, try to find an alpha layer only for eyes. It should only say eyes, nothing about head or body. If you don't have it, get these: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Mayfly-Luminous-Extra-Eye-Alpha-Masks/6575262

You need to activate BoM on your Signature body (It is Signature?). It is the cogwheel in the HUD. Find and click "Activate Bakes on Mesh".

Find the skin folder you bought for Signature. Wear the skin. Maybe the folder does not have a skin, instead it has a pink tattoo symbol. That is ok. If it is made for a body, it will cover the body. Then open the folder with the skin for the Skyler head. My guess is that it has pink tattoo layers. Add a tattoo layer. The head skin will cover the hairbase tattoo, because it is worn over it. You can click the wrench symbol in the window of what you are wearing to edit the layers up and down. But with so few layers, it is often easier and faster to take off the hairbase and add it again. Then it is on top.

Use "Add" instead of "Wear" when you work with multiple layers. Wear replaces the layer you have on, but Add adds it over the layers you have on.

Edited by Marianne Little
spelling
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I think I know why. You are trying to use a BoM hairbase, but you have used an applier for skin. An applier is what we call the box symbols, that attach to the screen, and you click to apply the skin.

This applied skin works as a barrier, nothing with the "dragon" pink symbol (like the hairbase) will be visible.

The head itself is not compatible with the hairbase with the box symbol, that attach to the screen.

So the hairbase applier does not work, because the head is a new line that does not take it.

The pink dragon (tattoo layer) does not work because you have applied a skin that work as a barrier.

I don't think this is right. Skyler is a BOM-only head, it cannot have an applier skin on it. He may have an applier skin on the body, because Gianni can go either way, but that wouldn't affect the head.

I'm not really familiar with lelutka's heads, but I'm wondering if it has something to do with the lelutka beard layer, which seems to be a separate layer worn over the head, similar to the separate clothing layers that Maitreya has. Maybe that is covering up the BOM hairbase somehow?

To @Swurvin - does the hairbase appear if you remove (completely detach, not just clear the applier layer) the lelutka beard layer?  If it does, then you'll need to use the BOM facial hair from the Hunter pack as well as the BOM hairbase (pink squiggly dragons) and forget the yellow box applier altogether. If the hairbase does not appear when you detach the lelutka beard layer, then I am completely stumped.

Edited by Maitimo

26 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

I don't think this is right. Skyler is a BOM-only head, it cannot have an applier skin on it.

This part isn't correct.  Evo heads are not pure BoM heads, they are BoM first (as in configured that way out of the box) but they do support some appliers.  They can certainly take applier skins, even an Omega one.  It has been said in group that Lelutka are removing this feature in a future update but as of v2.0 it does work.

4 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

This part isn't correct.  Evo heads are not pure BoM heads, they are BoM first (as in configured that way out of the box) but they do support some appliers.  They can certainly take applier skins, even an Omega one.  It has been said in group that Lelutka are removing this feature in a future update but as of v2.0 it does work.

I know I wear applier lipstick on mine.  Not that it's relevant in this case. 🙃

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Swurvin said:

This is what I have so far.

Q5VrOQ9.png

This is with bakes on mesh enabled, i believe, and i added the skin replacing the ashton skin I had.

Now choose one of the little pink dragon icons underneath the HUD you have selected in the upper picture.  Joe skin medium normal and ADD not wear

If you had followed my instructions, you would have read that you must first wear the skin, then add one of the tattoos with a pink dragon symbol from the folder "Joe skin medium [LeLutka]."

After that, add one of the tattoo hairbase demos with a pink dragon symbol. You can add up to 62 or 64 such layers if you want. You are not using anyone in the last picture.

• Like 1

And by the way, you have not activated BoM on the Signature body either. How can I tell? Because you are still wearing an alpha layer for the body.

I wonder, why ask when you do not try the suggestions you get? It is bloody unsatisfying to see that you ignore it. My reply was the first.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So take off the alpha layer, the one on top of the list you are wearing. You will see the body under is poking through the mesh body.

Then wear the Signature HUD, click on the cogwheel and then click "Activate Bakes on mesh". Confirm that yes, you will activate Bakes on Mesh in the pop-up box that appears.

If you ignore to do this, you can not use items like tattoos that has the pink dragon symbol (tattoo layer) on the body.

Now, add one of the Joe skin medium [LeLutka] with a pink dragon symbol. If you want a beard, add one that says it is with beard.

Add the hairbase you will demo, also with that pink symbol.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have red eyes after you did these steps, or do the eyes look funny, like you have 4 eyes? Buy the free pack of alpha layers that I linked to in the first post. Add the one named Mayfly - Eyes Alpha Mask. It should now be the only alpha layer you have on.

Are your eyes invisible? On the Lelutka HUD, choose the eye icon (number 3 from the top) and select one of the eye colors.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After my grumpy start on this post, I will give you two thumbs up for including the pictures with what you are wearing. 👍🙂 I would not be able to find any suggestions for you without them.

Edited by Marianne Little
took away a few words that could be confusing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.