Jump to content

Is the land office ever re-opening?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Owning a Private Region does not require a Premium Account, Mainland Tier - up to and including an entire region - requires it.

So if you're looking for a Private Region, keep on looking/walking and hope someone will sell one to you or that you can find one to rent at an affordable price - They're not resuming Private Region direct sales until the end of Project Uplift.

For Mainland, use the Auctions.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WennaFlowers said:

What in hades is going on with the land office, maitaintence?? Really? for 6 months?

I want to buy a region its the only reason to be a premium account as far as I am concerned. What is really going on, is it ever going to reopen and when? 

Soon. near or after the new year due to servers moving to Amazon.

Open up a support ticket and see if they might be able to help you in a more personalized way to get help.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WennaFlowers said:

What in hades is going on with the land office, maitaintence?? Really? for 6 months?

I want to buy a region its the only reason to be a premium account as far as I am concerned. What is really going on, is it ever going to reopen and when? 

They said around the first of the year when things get completed to the cloud. We aren't there yet.  It was never maintenance.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lewis Luminos said:

I would be very surprised if it re-opens this year.

In the meantime, you can pick up whole regions of Mainland for less than the cost of a private region.

and there are still private regions for resident-resident sale at the forum section.

Link to post
Share on other sites

lindenestateservices.thumb.jpg.a07cb8696c8d1cd9537fb6a3db726f1e.jpg

Linden Estate Services. There really is an in-world land office. Nobody is ever in. Perhaps at one time companies dealt with Linden Lab here for deals on multiple regions. Now most of the offices are vacant, without furniture. Some have nice collections of Linden Bears.

Soon, when "cloud uplift" goes live, new regions will become available. Maybe this place will be staffed again.

Edited by animats
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, animats said:

Linden Estate Services. There really is an in-world land office. Nobody is ever in.

once upon ages ago, Jack Linden when he was boss of land, used to hold the Land User group meeting there

it also used to be the place where residents would go to hold ad-hoc mass protests against any changes in land that they objected too. When protests were held there, memorably over Homesteads and Zindra, then people like Jack Linden and Blue Linden would front up in person to the protestors and engage in conversation

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You will have to buy them 2nd hand, new regions are not happening,  LL's hardware allocation is limited currently.   cant fix it if ya cant place it.   well that''s been my speculation that they have no more floor/cabinet space in the data center for more hardware.    

 

wish we could get an idea again of what all they have located there, we used to get a linden that would come by and discuss such things, as some of us are data center nerds and love a good "this is what we have" type post.  makes us drool.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2020 at 12:57 PM, Chic Aeon said:

They said around the first of the year when things get completed to the cloud. We aren't there yet.  It was never maintenance.  

May I ask where you heard this? Last I read it was supposed to be this Fall, where did you read first of the year?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Imagin Illyar said:

May I ask where you heard this? Last I read it was supposed to be this Fall, where did you read first of the year?

I doubt anywhere official considering the last comment was what a week ago and they were on track for fall if I recall correctly? 

7 minutes ago, TabbithaKat said:

I am new to all this, but if the land is finite, then rentals are out of the question for me. It is bad business to promote land grabs. I will not fuel that, giving Linden.

Huh? Land has been finite for awhile now, and the rental prices for most places have stayed hovering the same for years, except those taking advantage of it. It's not bad business that they aren't going to put new servers out when they don't have them :P It's called not having infinite resources ;) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Imagin Illyar said:

May I ask where you heard this? Last I read it was supposed to be this Fall, where did you read first of the year?

Long ago when they first announced.  If you have news from "Fall" (edit: I read your comment incorrectly so if your news was long AFTER the original  announcement then your comment is newer news than "mine"). But they did say that they weren't going to have more land available until AFTER the upload to the cloud was finished.  Maybe someone else can point to that info.   I am no longer keeping track.   I haven't seen anything personally that had me note a change. 

PS. If your info didn't come from a Linden --- it doesn't count :D.   

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Long ago when they first announced.  If you have news from "Fall" (edit: I read your comment incorrectly so if your news was long AFTER the original  announcement then your comment is newer news than "mine"). But they did say that they weren't going to have more land available until AFTER the upload to the cloud was finished.  Maybe someone else can point to that info.   I am no longer keeping track.   I haven't seen anything personally that had me note a change. 

PS. If your info didn't come from a Linden --- it doesn't count :D.   

At the Land meetings the cloud uplift has been a discussion for the past two I've been able to attend and they've said their goal is fall.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Zack Massiel said:

At the Land meetings the cloud uplift has been a discussion for the past two I've been able to attend and they've said their goal is fall.

That's great to hear. I hope they make it.  Most "goals" seem to be a year off of their plans however --- historically anyway. Here's hoping "soon" TM is really SOON (if you missed that joke, don't worry about it :D). Thanks for the update.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...