Does this exist? Family roleplay sim, but fantasy/medieval?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 3 weeks later...

Come to Sparrow's Haven Family Community A fun family community full of roleplay and friends,

We offer:

-Hospital

-PD

-FD

-Rentals for shops and houses

-Jet skis

-Swimming

-School

-Movie theater

-Kids park

-And more!

Come join us and see what is waiting for you! - Sparrow's Haven http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Midnight Isle/14/39/24 (For more info come see us inworld or email us at Sparrowshaven2020@gmail.com ) P.s We welcome fantasy rp

Can we not spam adverts for sims that are not even relevant to what the OP is asking for? Urban family RP has been done to death and is little more than glorified rentals or an excuse for EMS RPers. 

On topic: I once role played at an elven LOTR themed sim last year that was called Elven Quest. They even allowed children! Not sure if it is still there or not. I will check next time I'm in world. 

2109fadc8304130fb2cc426a5dd5b15c.jpg

• Like 3

I figured the spam wouldn't lead me to what I wanted, haha. 

And yeah, I find most urban RP super boring. There something far more appealing about the idea of dealing with a stuffy town guard than modern cops or having fey problems rather than mafia crime. 

I wish I had the funds to run something like this, because I totally would. 

Honestly something like this sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I've always liked the appeal of a community-type sim, but a lot are either full of unoptimized laggy builds or really strict in terms of what you can be, do, etc there, not to mention HEAVILY pushing the rp aspect to the point of inducing anxiety.

If there are any relatively chill community sims with decently affordable housing and such with wiggle room as far as rp rules and fantasy/species requirements go, I'll check em out for sure.

On 10/21/2020 at 4:51 PM, AdeliaBradford said:

That Sparrow's Haven sim is like Once Upon a Time. Like modern technology but a touch of magic. They allow mermaids and fey, lots of stuff. They aren't open yet but they want a nice mix of magic/fantasy and modern. sim is super pretty too

I had a chance to take a peek at this sim early this morning and I think that does sound like a cool idea so please understand I'm posting this because I want you to succeed in this. 

You really need to make that clear on the sim that your plan is something more urban fantasy, because looking at your sim and ads I would have no idea. That sort of idea is exactly what I asked for before, what sets you and your sim apart? You wanna wear that loud and proud! 

Also please know that how you advertise will be key in how people see you. Having someone spam several older threads looks bad-- especially because none of those older threads were asking for an urban fantasy setting. The other thing is please don't post implying it's not your sim when you're the primary contact someone sees when loading in. 

Your sim isn't what I'm looking for but it could be what others are, if they knew what it was.

1 hour ago, Anuuubis said:

Honestly something like this sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I've always liked the appeal of a community-type sim, but a lot are either full of unoptimized laggy builds or really strict in terms of what you can be, do, etc there, not to mention HEAVILY pushing the rp aspect to the point of inducing anxiety.

If there are any relatively chill community sims with decently affordable housing and such with wiggle room as far as rp rules and fantasy/species requirements go, I'll check em out for sure.

This is exactly what I'm looking for and at this point I'm tempted to try and convince a friend with a homestead or sim to let me give it a try. I just don't want to deal with rental headaches...

3 minutes ago, Wolfpunkie said:

This is exactly what I'm looking for and at this point I'm tempted to try and convince a friend with a homestead or sim to let me give it a try. I just don't want to deal with rental headaches...

Well, definitely let me know if that pans out and if rentals would ever be a thing/be considered. It'd certainly help with cost/upkeep instead of having to pay for it yourself or hope for donations!

If you ever want a griffin (or three) to chill/hang out/enjoy the atmosphere, I wouldn't mind poking my head in a couple times to see how things go. <:

So I checked in world and Elven Quest is still around if you're interested. Yes, it is LOTR lore heavy as would be expected for that type of sim, but it is family orientated and fits the sort of medieval / fantasy world you're after. 

• Thanks 1
On 10/23/2020 at 12:56 PM, Wolfpunkie said:

I had a chance to take a peek at this sim early this morning and I think that does sound like a cool idea so please understand I'm posting this because I want you to succeed in this. 

You really need to make that clear on the sim that your plan is something more urban fantasy, because looking at your sim and ads I would have no idea. That sort of idea is exactly what I asked for before, what sets you and your sim apart? You wanna wear that loud and proud! 

Also please know that how you advertise will be key in how people see you. Having someone spam several older threads looks bad-- especially because none of those older threads were asking for an urban fantasy setting. The other thing is please don't post implying it's not your sim when you're the primary contact someone sees when loading in. 

Your sim isn't what I'm looking for but it could be what others are, if they knew what it was.

Crap! Sorry if I sounded deceiving at all! I don't own the sim, I just help there so I don't want to take credit for running it or anything. Thanks for the feedback though its really appreciated :)  Advertising the sim has been a big issue (multiple people trying multiple different things) as you can tell so I'm grateful for the constructive criticism!

Still keeping an eye out for this. There is clearly a demand for it. 

I spoke to a lot of folks (some of you from this thread, hiii!) who want this, but ultimately it looks like running it on a Homestead (which is what is in my price range) isn't really ideal. Most were hoping for 400-500 prims per rental to decorate homes with which would make it hard to theme a Homestead with this. 

Still hit me up in world if you want this btw, I'm slowly building a contact list in case this shows up anywhere or some finances free up for a sim. (I'm unwilling to go in on the gamble that I get renters fast enough to cover tier, that lies the way of madness and a quickly closed sim) 

On 11/3/2020 at 4:23 PM, Wolfpunkie said:

Still hit me up in world if you want this btw, I'm slowly building a contact list in case this shows up anywhere or some finances free up for a sim. (I'm unwilling to go in on the gamble that I get renters fast enough to cover tier, that lies the way of madness and a quickly closed sim) 

Just be mindful that the vast majority of RP community sims make a loss. Fewer break even and even fewer just about manage to make a minute profit. 

Even the real estate market is a competitive and difficult one. 

3 hours ago, brodiac90 said:

Just be mindful that the vast majority of RP community sims make a loss. Fewer break even and even fewer just about manage to make a minute profit. 

Even the real estate market is a competitive and difficult one. 

Yeah, that's why I'm unwilling to go in on a sim right now. I can afford a Homestead all on my own without issue, but a sim pushes the budget too much. I don't want to start something unless I know I don't rely on renters to make it work. I've seen too many sims assume they will get donations / renters that are reliable and long term enough to maintain the costs. Those sims almost always close after 1-2 months when the owner cannot afford to keep it going.

Not to mention the hours spent chasing late payments, cleaning out rentals, handling issues, moderation...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.