I have borked myself - must stop trying to break things !!

Horus Salubrius

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

lemme me see if I can explain what I did here ...... in an attempt to figure out what is going on with the neck line I went into the Legacy EDIT (1.1)(Upscaled) HUD & first I hit bump to see what that would do (unrelated to the neck line, I was just curious), well it changed the skin & produced an even greater difference  between head & body.   Then I went to the Style tab in an attempt to get the skin colour back (not the right move I guess) & chose a colour there (I then had to get the body hair back on through the HUD which came with the skin).  So now this alpha thingie doesn't work, as shown, the neck line is even worse (I tried to blend that using the Legacy HUD to no avail.

I may have borked the HUD by using "right-cick edit" to move it on the screen (those HUDs don't place very well) & it didn't seem to like that & I ended up by seeing tiny versions of all the menus in a radius, so I deleted that HUD & unpacked another one from the original object.  The style options will still work on the HUD now, so I'm assuming the entire thing is working, but as I said, not the alpha layer thingie. 

I was very tempted to press the RESET option at the bottom of the first screen but restrained myself - not sure what that is gonna do & how far it will set things back.

So atm I have a legacy/lelutka that is borked & can't get the signature/lelutak combo to work properly either !    Would love to get the first one back to working order.   There must be something somewhere that needs resetting to get the skin back to where it was & the alpha thing (what is that called ??) working so that I can go back to hiding all that skin.   And then I can try to hide the neck line. yikes ... 

um yeah ... so HELP.    Any ideas ?  

d22ed4cf7b8ef531158fc7678edc1e82.jpg

f190d1bde11f143ad9dd682d6f972a3e.jpg

10 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

What you did was applied the built in skin for the legacy body.  Since you've been working on BOM, it messed you all up.  Take off the BOM skin from the folder.then put it back on..add it..always add 

I kinda knew I was messing up with applied & BoM but am still getting my head around that, I was logging out for the night but am gonna jump back quickly in & see if I can get that to work.  Thanks.

54 minutes ago, Horus Salubrius said:

So atm I have a legacy/lelutka that is borked

I like being "borked".  If I had to be human in SL, I'd leave.  lol   

I was human twice in SL with a very active social life and tons of fun in SL.  I can't do "the human" again with jeans and tops and mini shirts and mini dresses and that's about it aside from lingerie.   So, I'll pick borked over human.  lol

I think you rushed into two avi's at once.  I liked the Legacy look and the other head better, but that's just my opinion.  Trust me, I has a million looks but rarely human.  

Stay calm and I'm sure Rowan or someone can get you all un-borked!   And, if I can manage a million looks in SL, you will get it figured out.  And, yes, outfits isn't perfect if you have a lot of different looks but it does help me find stuff with all my million non-human looks that is for sure.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Thanks 1

@Horus Salubrius In case you have not figured it out yet!

To reactivate bom on your legacy hud, go the second tab (the body with the sparkles) then on the far right underneath the "e" in style. 

image1.png.6c3305ae3c9c5d6468eaa8541da4a33f.png

Then click Apply BOM button that is also on the far right:

image2.png.8e0d4b4fcf442b800b99bb2c2981843a.png

That will turn BOM on and off . If you are wanting to wear an applier skin, wear your body alpha then reapply the applier from your skin's applier hud. The only way you can change a system skin is to wear another one in its place. If you have a tattoo face layer (meaning the face skin is separate from the rest of the body) that can be added and taken off like other bom tattoo layers. I hope this is helpful.

• Thanks 1

Ok, so I have un-borked myself, I think I finally got the right alpha (BoM head & body, applier eyes) & the alpha applier thing is working.  Now if I could just get rid of this line of my neck !   The neck fader on the Legacy HUD is not doing the trick.  If I apply the Skyler SL head I end up back with a grey mask, this time on parts of my face - meaning I go back to BoM Body & Applier Head ??  or look for the proper head skin as per @Skell Dagger said ?   imma try both next & prolly end up borking myself all over again

lol - doing my head in aw right ...🤪  but I think it is starting to make some sense 

b14887171267337e229da528e01fd870.png

42289fdf8b3667f9b057c3d47806a558.jpg

1 minute ago, Horus Salubrius said:

Ok, so I have un-borked myself, I think I finally got the right alpha (BoM head & body, applier eyes) & the alpha applier thing is working.  Now if I could just get rid of this line of my neck !   The neck fader on the Legacy HUD is not doing the trick.  If I apply the Skyler SL head I end up back with a grey mask, this time on parts of my face - meaning I go back to BoM Body & Applier Head ??  or look for the proper head skin as per @Skell Dagger said ?   imma try both next & prolly end up borking myself all over again

lol - doing my head in aw right ...🤪  but I think it is starting to make some sense 

42289fdf8b3667f9b057c3d47806a558.jpg

Where did you buy your head skin? It looks very nice. Go back to the store and look for the matching body skin. It will give you no neck seam or a 99% perfect neck seam. The included skins with the Legacy is very nice, but they are not matching with head skins because of the shading and veins. You need a body skin for Legacy, that has BoM included.

BoM head skin + BoM body skin from the same store = match.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Where did you buy your head skin? It looks very nice. Go back to the store and look for the matching body skin. It will give you no neck seam or a 99% perfect neck seam. The included skins with the Legacy is very nice, but they are not matching with head skins because of the shading and veins. You need a body skin for Legacy, that has BoM included.

BoM head skin + BoM body skin from the same store = match.

The skins come from Not Found - I think I am wearing matching head & body skins, but perhaps I am overlooking something - here is my worn list pertaining to skins 

e43a731d82109121f112f9e974663453.png

20 minutes ago, Horus Salubrius said:

The skins come from Not Found - I think I am wearing matching head & body skins, but perhaps I am overlooking something - here is my worn list pertaining to skins 

e43a731d82109121f112f9e974663453.png

I think I know what's the problem. If you have on the built in skins in the body, it is overriding the BoM skin. Go to this post and follow the steps.

9 hours ago, Laurel Aurelia said:

@Horus Salubrius In case you have not figured it out yet!

To reactivate bom on your legacy hud, go the second tab (the body with the sparkles) then on the far right underneath the "e" in style. 

image1.png.6c3305ae3c9c5d6468eaa8541da4a33f.png

Then click Apply BOM button that is also on the far right:

image2.png.8e0d4b4fcf442b800b99bb2c2981843a.png

That will turn BOM on and off . If you are wanting to wear an applier skin, wear your body alpha then reapply the applier from your skin's applier hud. The only way you can change a system skin is to wear another one in its place. If you have a tattoo face layer (meaning the face skin is separate from the rest of the body) that can be added and taken off like other bom tattoo layers. I hope this is helpful.

I think you said that you unpacked a HUD, it is set to the built in skins by default, so you must activate BoM again in the new HUD.

@Horus Salubrius You are almost there! Now go back into your folder for your head and you will see that you have two versions of it. There will be one that has the letters ‘SL’ at the end which is the one you want to wear with your Legacy Body.

image3.png.3a1911a6854b20b4fb041589152d51c7.png

Obviously you don't have the Lake head, but they are from the same line so I figure they must have the same setup. The other head which you are currently wearing is made to fit seamlessly with other bodies. You should only have to switch them and the neck line should disappear. After you get that sorted, don’t forget to make an outfit that you can go back to in case something else gets borked.

I am super impressed with how quickly you picked up everything. It's no small feat as most of us were YEARS in the making. Keep us posted on your progress!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

I can't do "the human" again with jeans and tops and mini shirts and mini dresses and that's about it aside from lingerie.   So, I'll pick borked over human.  lol

lol - I was just saying last night that if I can't get this to work I'll be some effed up alien with 4 arms & then borked will be on purpose.

2 hours ago, Laurel Aurelia said:

I am super impressed with how quickly you picked up everything. It's no small feat as most of us were YEARS in the making. Keep us posted on your progress!

Thank you.  I have had plenty of help from you good people in this forum, for which I am most grateful.    🥂 for everyone ! 

I thought I had tried the SL head with no luck, but I see that this outfit is not wearing it, so will give that a go.  Once I get this combo fully back, he's almost there - just the neck line to sort - I'm gonna make myself an alt, get all the demos & then just go to town without fear of screwing Horus up. 

Well the SL head doesn't remove the visible neck line & I have done the BoM thing in the HUD many times, especially after each change.  I also changed the Legacy Body Applier for an old system skin & that didn't work, tho it did change the skin on the hands.   And I have changed the alphas a few time, the best result is with BoM Body/Head, Applier Eyes, I had thought maybe it should be Applier Head but that ended up in weirdness.  I am stumped.  There is a notecard saying to ask for help regarding neckline so perhaps I will go & bother those people now !  

55a64b91dd03c4c0c22f6655ef6b8975.png

2db20b709cc0852abfda82268184283b.png

2 hours ago, Horus Salubrius said:

lol - I was just saying last night that if I can't get this to work I'll be some effed up alien with 4 arms & then borked will be on purpose.

If you ever want to be an alien or any other avatar or even a human, look up Keeba Tammas' group Tammasity and come see a show with Keeba and The Tiny Maniacs...it's a lot of fun.  Keeba started performing on stage in real life when she was 5, so I think that's why she relates to having all the "tinies" around her.  Tinies are not humans.  Tinies are like humanimals.  We are usually animal but walk upright and talk and play instruments and sing and dance kind of like Mickey Mouse is a boy but a mouse also.  Keeba is a great singer!   It's a great show.  

Sorry your neck skin doesn't match.  Oh, that is a nightmare.  I use Deetalez skins and she has a very good match but I don't think she has any male skins.  Maybe she does.  Check it out, it's Deetalez (skins).   Check to see which ones are BOM as I'm not sure if all of them are or not if that's what you want.  But, again, I don't know if she has any male skins.    

• Thanks 1

Hmm, when all other options is used up, I notice that your head look very sweaty. Added gloss/shine does funny stuff with textures. In the HUD, is it a tab for the skin (looks like a head, abowe lashes and eyes) that say "Materials"? Try to find it and press "clear". That removes the gloss and shine.

Edited by Marianne Little
added a few words to clarify
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Hmm, when all other options is used up, I notice that your head look very sweaty. Added gloss/shine does funny stuff with textures. In the HUD, is it a tab for the skin (looks like a head, abowe lashes and eyes) that say "Materials"? Try to find it and press "clear". That removes the gloss and shine.

I believe this is what you are talking about ?  And yes, I had all the shine & gloss way down, I don't like it at all.  The shine you are seeing is a light in the skybox, helps me to get dressed ! 

68dc92c3927294b28d025107ca121699.png

Well the SL head doesn't remove the visible neck line & I have done the BoM thing in the HUD many times, especially after each change.  I also changed the Legacy Body Applier for an old system skin & that didn't work, tho it did change the skin on the hands.   And I have changed the alphas a few time, the best result is with BoM Body/Head, Applier Eyes, I had thought maybe it should be Applier Head but that ended up in weirdness.  I am stumped.  There is a notecard saying to ask for help regarding neckline so perhaps I will go & bother those people now !  

55a64b91dd03c4c0c22f6655ef6b8975.png

2db20b709cc0852abfda82268184283b.png

I have no idea what the icons represent in the SL viewer but...it says Not Found legacy body applier...you said you were bom so are you wearing a bom skin on your body?  I really need to download that viewer so I know what that little 1/2 black 1/2 white icon means

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

I have no idea what the icons represent in the SL viewer but...it says Not Found legacy body applier...you said you were bom so are you wearing a bom skin on your body?  I really need to download that viewer so I know what that little 1/2 black 1/2 white icon means

That icon does indeed mean SKIN, which is what I think you suspected.  I thought that could be the problem so I swapped it out for an old SL skin thinking the alpha would cover up the old skin anyway, but it did manage to change my hands so I put that Russel body applier skin back.     hmm... meaning I need to find a BoM skin, maybe I had started out with an applier body ??  lol - omg ... I think you, and a few others, may have said that already.  I can't seem to find a BoM skin at that shop for Russel or maybe I just don't know what the heck I'm looking for exactly !  

or .. stupid me, maybe it should have been Applier Body/Eyes, BoM Head all along.  I'm gonna try that alpha now ...  

Edited by Horus Salubrius
why not ?

You can detach the head and the body. Plus the clothes. If you are seeing your default avatar then, no alpha parts missing, then you add the head and the body again. You look normal, no double body or head? Then you are ready and have BoM set up correctly and working.

I believe this is what you are talking about ?  And yes, I had all the shine & gloss way down, I don't like it at all.  The shine you are seeing is a light in the skybox, helps me to get dressed ! 

68dc92c3927294b28d025107ca121699.png

But have you clicked the "x" where it says CLEAR? I am not sure if that's important or not, but it must be something. Maybe I am crazy, but should the skin look like that? We think the shine is off when the sliders is pushed to the left, but are we sure? If you have clicked on one of the faces, you may have added something that can only be removed by clearing the layer, not pulling sliders. I am just speculating here. Maybe I must get a demo of that head.

• Thanks 1

Ok !  Horus is sorted - once again thanks to the people in this forum who have generously given me their time & patience.    💗 & 🕊️

I just gotta find some chest hair & get the outfits all set up, having dug some body hair out of my inventory I realised that that was a big bork too & I was able to get back to base without freaking out.  😳  I think one of those swirling pennies in my empty head may have dropped, this is starting to make some sense.   (famous last words ....)  

Hopefully one day I will be able to pay that kindness & patience forward.

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

You can detach the head and the body. Plus the clothes. If you are seeing your default avatar then, no alpha parts missing, then you add the head and the body again. You look normal, no double body or head? Then you are ready and have BoM set up correctly and working.

This is what I had some help in doing & that got rid of the neck line.

4dc1874faf108d012d71179d194d26fc.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Horus Salubrius said:

Ok !  Horus is sorted - once again thanks to the people in this forum who have generously given me their time & patience.    💗 & 🕊️

I just gotta find some chest hair & get the outfits all set up, having dug some body hair out of my inventory I realised that that was a big bork too & I was able to get back to base without freaking out.  😳  I think one of those swirling pennies in my empty head may have dropped, this is starting to make some sense.   (famous last words ....)  

Hopefully one day I will be able to pay that kindness & patience forward.

This is what I had some help in doing & that got rid of the neck line.

4dc1874faf108d012d71179d194d26fc.jpg

Nice!

CreepyHandyAmericanbadger-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.