How can I block someone from following me?

ivy Koba

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently asked strangers to move their love making off my property, and they left promptly.  However, moments later I received a notice that one of them is following me!  I did not give permission for them to do this and find it a bit creepy.   What do they see when following me? Can I block them from following me?

Many thanks!

Edited by ivy Koba
typo
  • Like 1

5 answers to this question

Ummm... I think you probably misunderstood the word "following."  Here in the forums, you can click on any person's name to open his/her profile.  Then click the Follow Member button

16e785c2f7789ac61273939c29557c46.png

to make it so that you will be notified when that person posts in the forums.  The same thing is true for the feed on your web profile.  Depending on the circumstances, it can be taken as acknowledgment that someone thinks you occasionally have good things to say.  At the moment, for example, it looks like 25 people are following me here.  I have absolutely no idea why, but I take it as a compliment of sorts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

Ummm... I think you probably misunderstood the word "following."  Here in the forums, you can click on any person's name to open his/her profile.  Then click the Follow Member button

16e785c2f7789ac61273939c29557c46.png

to make it so that you will be notified when that person posts in the forums.  The same thing is true for the feed on your web profile.  Depending on the circumstances, it can be taken as acknowledgment that someone thinks you occasionally have good things to say.  At the moment, for example, it looks like 25 people are following me here.  I have absolutely no idea why, but I take it as a compliment of sorts.

She might be talking about https://my.secondlife.com/[name]  where you can follow someone too

610ce747d4479013583da72cd93dae12.png

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ivy Koba said:

I recently asked strangers to move their love making off my property, and they left promptly.  However, moments later I received a notice that one of them is following me!  I did not give permission for them to do this and find it a bit creepy.   What do they see when following me? Can I block them from following me?

Many thanks!

If you are talking about your web profile following, go to 'https://my.secondlife.com' and click on Setting on the left.  Then click the Privacy tab in the center and then change the option of Feed to either 'Friends' or 'Nobody'.  Hopefully that will actually remove anyone following you that does not meet the new conditions.  Also change the setting for "Follow Info" at the bottom of that list. You may want to modify other settings while you are there.

If you are talking about them following you here in the forums, then at the top of this page, click your name and then click 'Profile'. On the left side you'll see a section called Followers.  You can click the arrow next to Options and select "Don't allow others to follow me".

Those are the only two types of following that I know of that would notify you of such.

Additionally, you might want to add them to the ban list of your property or to a security device, if you use such.  You can also Block the people inworld and here in the Forums.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.