Inverted Colors Issue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1060 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I haven't logged into Secondlife for about a week and I logged in last night and my avatar was blue, like a real avatar.

I tried to adjust the setting on my viewer (both Secondlife viewer and Black Dragon) and nothing is working. I was reading it may have something to do with my computers graphics card but I literally just bought this computer so I haven't done anything but played SL and watched Youtube (lol).

If anyone, anywhere, can help me with this issue, I would appreciate it!

(Computer in use: ACER A515-43 AMD RYZEN 3 3200U W/ RADEON VEGA GRAPHICS 2.60GHz)

11 minutes ago, RayeLos said:

So I haven't logged into Secondlife for about a week and I logged in last night and my avatar was blue, like a real avatar.

I tried to adjust the setting on my viewer (both Secondlife viewer and Black Dragon) and nothing is working. I was reading it may have something to do with my computers graphics card but I literally just bought this computer so I haven't done anything but played SL and watched Youtube (lol).

If anyone, anywhere, can help me with this issue, I would appreciate it!

(Computer in use: ACER A515-43 AMD RYZEN 3 3200U W/ RADEON VEGA GRAPHICS 2.60GHz)

Are you a solid blue but everything around you is seen properly?  If so, you've somehow changed your avatar rendering complexity setting.  

I don't use either of those viewers so this article should help you fix it.

Open the Preferences window by choosing Me > Preferences from the top menu bar.

Click the Graphics tab of the preferences window.

Adjust the Avatar Maximum Complexity slider to your preferred threshold. You may move the slider all the way to the right to make the threshold unlimited.

Edited by RowanMinx

22 minutes ago, RayeLos said:

Yes, I'm solid blue. I am able to see everything but the colors are also inverted. It's happening on all the viewers I use (Black Dragon, Firestorm, Secondlife Viewer).

Ok.  That's a whole other issue then.  If it were just you being blue, that's probably complexity.  Sorry, can't help with the color inversion thing.  Although I've just learned you can't see yourself as a jelly doll.  I've never checked.  Hope you find an answer, RayeLos

Edited by RowanMinx

On 9/28/2020 at 12:29 AM, RowanMinx said:

Are you a solid blue but everything around you is seen properly?  If so, you've somehow changed your avatar rendering complexity setting.  

You can't jellydoll your own avatar using complexity settings. 

Edited by Willow Wilder
edited for clarification

On 9/28/2020 at 12:19 AM, RayeLos said:

FS Support has seen this reported a few times, and it turned out to be excessive glow in the DOF/Glow section of settings. I would look for something similar in the Black Dragon viewer perhaps. 

• 3 months later...

I'm having an inverted colors issue too, in the main SL viewer, Catznip, and Kirstens Viewer S23. I tried to do a clean install of Firestorm to test it as well, but it's not even installing fully and I'm at a loss. But since it's happening in the main SL viewer then I have literally zero idea what might be causing it. Even my HUD colors are inverted. The funny thing is when I take a snapshot in-game and save to my computer, the picture looks perfectly fine. The inversion is only happening while I'm looking at it, but SL taking a snapshot of itself has the colors looking normal.

Screenshot of my viewer: (first attachment)

Snapshot using SL: (second attachment)

Definitely at a loss.

6d09dee07e3d8b13df4e44982c37b7bd.jpg

Snapshot_003.png

@Reiko Zelin That's gotta be a graphics driver problem, not a viewer problem. There are other threads around somewhere (I'll try to hunt one down), talking about a particular AMD driver update that caused the "blue avatar" effect, and I don't know if it's been corrected in a newer release now or if you'll still need to roll back to a previous release. Just to confirm, though, you do have a "Radeon"-something-something graphics card, right?

[ETA: Here's a post in the best thread I could find on the subject -- I see there's a scary number of "blue avatar" threads open with no response at all! -- suggesting that the best available workaround, short of finding an older driver to rollback to, is to only start the viewer with Advanced Lighting Model disabled each time, even though it's possible to turn ALM back on once the viewer is running. Maybe try that for now?]

Edited by Qie Niangao

7 hours ago, Reiko Zelin said:

I'm having an inverted colors issue too, in the main SL viewer, Catznip, and Kirstens Viewer S23. I tried to do a clean install of Firestorm to test it as well, but it's not even installing fully and I'm at a loss. But since it's happening in the main SL viewer then I have literally zero idea what might be causing it. Even my HUD colors are inverted. The funny thing is when I take a snapshot in-game and save to my computer, the picture looks perfectly fine. The inversion is only happening while I'm looking at it, but SL taking a snapshot of itself has the colors looking normal.

Screenshot of my viewer: (first attachment)

Snapshot using SL: (second attachment)

Definitely at a loss.

6d09dee07e3d8b13df4e44982c37b7bd.jpg

Snapshot_003.png

fs_amd [Phoenix Firestorm Project - Wiki] (firestormviewer.org)

• Like 1

You guys are sanity-savers, thanks a ton~

Edit: Just confirming, yeah it's Radeon RX 580 series. I rolled back to a previous driver and it seems like it's corrected it. New issue is now Firestorm won't fully install, but that's not something super vital since there are other viewers I've used that I like. The inverted colors was jsut seriously messing with me since I couldn't tell WHY it was happening across different viewers lol

Edited by Reiko Zelin

• 2 weeks later...

Had this same issue with AMD Radeon R5 graphics card. I'm glad I checked here, because as soon as I rolled the driver back to the previous version it fixed it.

Thanks. [This is definitely a driver issue and it messes every color except absolute green. It's not always easy to see but every shade between is inverted.]

• 4 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1060 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.