I still cant rez

Chandra Whitewood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have tried

rebakes, clearing caches from every place possible, deleting temp files, uninstalling and reinstalling both Pheonix and Viewer 2. Also tried, changing group tags, sitting on pose balls, changing skins. No to mention ruthing myself and stripping things off my avi.

I still can not rez properly in either viewer.

Help!

4 answers to this question

Have you tried resetting your router by unplugging it for 14 seconds then restarting your system, logging into a low lag sim and waiting for your inventory to load, making sure you are on a solid internet connection, not wireless, and enabling your advanced menu then rebaking?

It sounds as if the things you have tried -- all of which treat the symptom -- are not able to get at the real problem, which is poor connectivity. 

• Check your router and modem first.  Unplug both and go out for a cup of coffee.  When you come back, plug them in.  That will reboot them and will grab a fresh IP address for you. 
  • If you have been using wireless, don't. Connect with a cable instead.  Many people experience way too much bandwidth loss with wifi, even if it's on a private network.  Cell phones and garage door openers, among other things, create interference that can mess up your connection.
  • Check all cables to be sure that they are plugged in firmly and the cat hasn't been chewing on them. 
  • Check to be sure that the drivers for your modem and router are up to date.  If either of those pieces of hardware are more than 3 years old, consider seriously replacing them. 
  • Like 1

Iam having the same issue..... my avatar will constantly be a partical cloud, one thing works for me.... but then makes me so laggy that i just give up and log out. i have been having this problem for a few days, i honestly think its a sl issue because my alt account is perfectly normal.

what i do is.... advanced settings.... character.... then reload ( can't quite remember what its called) it rezzes my avatar.. but makes me super lagg afterwards :-/

@ Sweetkitty,

Try clearing your cache manually. Logout and go to:

(XP) - C: - Documents and Settings - (USER NAME) - AppData - SecondLife
(Vista) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Local - SecondLife
(Win 7) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Roaming - SecondLife and Local - SecondLife

Delete the contents of the folder and restart your computer.

NOTE: You may need to go to Windows Tools > Folder Options > View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders, in order to see AppData folder.

After your reboot, change your start location on login to Smith and when you get in just stay there under the water until your inventory has fully reloaded. You can open your inventory and type in the inventory search bar to prompt loading, but do not do anything else until it is done.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.