Staffed new resident places

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1302 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recently I ran into a new SL user who was having major clothing problems - shoulders transparent because they'd somehow gotten a mismatched alpha layer and clothing layer. Not being knowledgeable about SL female clothing problems, I tried to find a new resident area with helpers. No staff at Firestorm Help Island. Nobody at the Caledon Oxbridge new user tutorial help point. Nobody at White Tiger. Nobody at NCI Kuula.

A few days later I ran into a guy who'd been issued the 70's Disco Guy with Radio avatar, and was frantically trying to figure out how to get out of it. He'd found a freebies store, but things were not going well. Nobody on duty at Firestorm Help Island or White Tiger.

Where do you send new users who need help right now?

(The SL onboarding process really needs to get people in-world with one good outfit, saved so they can go back to it. Some people are really upset with coming in world and looking awful. It's humiliating. It's worse than being a "default" in Fortnite. In SL, you can be a defective.)

7 minutes ago, Elise Banx said:

send them to London City new user welcome hub. London Support Team are there to help new users coming through the gateway or landing needing help

Thanks. I'll do that next time. What's a good landing point for people needing help?

I agree that the new residents areas are almost empty these days; they used to be great places back in my early days, with lots of people around willing to help you

Nowadays, what I find most is 'self-demand' areas with panel informations. The most complete one I've found, providing a better experience (considering it is all up to the new resident) is this one:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lawst Paradise/83/24/22

It is a lovely sim, which gives a good first impression, with lots of panels around and nice quality freebies for newbies. Each of the little houses is designated for a specific topic.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1302 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.