Covenant does not restrict sound polllution?

Moxie Fang

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is a beautiful tree in my neighborhood that is disturbing my peace.

My parcel is quiet, but the beautiful tree tree ding dongs elsewhere on Linden land all over the region. The only way to engage in activity outside my parcel without ding dongs is to mute all "Sounds," but then I can't hear other sounds. Though I don't think it matters, the tree is rooted in the neighbor's property with a few branches overflowing onto Linden land.  

I've sent my neighbor an IM and a note card very nicely asking her to restrict sounds to her parcel and showed her how to in region settings. But, who knows how often this person logs on. 

Apparently this does not break Covenant. Light pollution is not permitted, but sound pollution is?  

Am I missing something?

Edited by Moxie Fang
spelling
  • Like 2

Well, but now can you see the tree?  You'd mentioned that you liked it visually.  Instead of blocking the tree entirely, you could use the Sound Explorer to zero-in on any object who's noise is annoying.  You'll need Firestorm for that, though.  This is a much better method than asking your neighbor to set sounds to just their parcel, as doing so would mean THEY couldn't hear the outside sounds they enjoy.  I hope everything works out for you!  🙂

• Like 5

I know the frustration. I have some lovely neighbours who made the unfortunate choice of having an entire cave of wolves outside their home. I blacklisted each of the wolves, only to find the howling still continued, every few seconds, loudly. I had to use sound explorer to blacklist some obscure object that continued the howling. Felt bad for doing it but it's all sorted now and I no longer hear it. Hope you manage to sort it! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Forrest Mercury said:

I know the frustration. I have some lovely neighbours who made the unfortunate choice of having an entire cave of wolves outside their home. I blacklisted each of the wolves, only to find the howling still continued, every few seconds, loudly. I had to use sound explorer to blacklist some obscure object that continued the howling. Felt bad for doing it but it's all sorted now and I no longer hear it. Hope you manage to sort it! 

I think I might have encountered this neighbor when I had a log home for a short time. Like you, I used the sound explorer to blacklist the noise.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.