LengendaryKb

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

22 answers to this question

Just now, LengendaryKb said:

how do i get my main account back ? it got "banned" . i spent a lot of money on it can i atleast get a refund.

You most likely can't.  If you were banned in error be prepared to provide Linden Lab with lots of evidence and hope they change their mind. Unlikely though, they rarely ban people without investigating  fully.

4 minutes ago, LengendaryKb said:

how do i get my main account back ? it got "banned" . i spent a lot of money on it can i atleast get a refund.

The email should tell you how to appeal, which will involve a Support Ticket.  However, as Cindy said, very seldom does LL ban without really good reasons.

Side note - creating a new account to get around a ban is usually also forbidden.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LengendaryKb said:

so if i didn't get an email does it mean that it isn't banned?

Logic 101...

Don't forget that ...

a) this is a resident to resident place.

b) the amount of provided info makes a ton of difference. You write "banned" as if it might be your own conclusion. 

c) your Account summary tells you your account status: https://secondlife.com/my/account/?lang=en-US

Hello!

As others have said, when you receive a ban on Second Life, you will receive a email to the email address assigned to the account that was banned. If you cannot find this, please make sure to check your spam folder just in case it got moved there. If you do not see a banned email, you are very likely not banned.

Sometimes you may receive an error such as "Your account will not be available until <date specified>". This can occur if you get disconnected and the simulator that hosts the region you were in has not completely logged you out. Typically, this gets resolved automatically within 5 to 10 minutes.

I recommend checking your account status here while logged into the suspected banned account. If you are able to view that page and your account status is says "Active", you are not banned.

While I am not a Linden, you can send me a IM of your account's username in-world and I will see if it has caused one of the pages for your account to show the typical "banned" messages. Please do refrain from posting it publicly on the forums though, as it may be in violation of the community participation guidelines.

If you are still having issues, you can always try contacting support and asking if they can investigate the issue. If at all possible, make the support ticket under the account that was presumably banned to help ease the process of verification.

Additionally, the community forums are a public forum, as such, no one here can really figure out exactly what is going on aside from you and Linden Lab. You can provide us with information as to what you are encountering, but nothing is for certain.

Finally, please keep in mind that you have about 1 remaining forum post for the next 24 hours. This is due to a spammer who has hit the forums recently, and as a measure to attempt to stop the spam, new forum users have been unfortunately placed under a forum post limit. Please keep this in mind when making a reply!

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Like 7

On 9/27/2020 at 7:17 PM, Cindy Evanier said:

What message do you get when you try to log in the other account?

"You have been logged out of second life. This region may be experiencing trouble. Please check your connection to the Internet." its been saying that for almost 2 days now and I've even switched regions and it says the same thing. I know my internet works so i dont know why.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, LengendaryKb said:

"You have been logged out of second life. This region may be experiencing trouble. Please check your connection to the Internet." its been saying that for almost 2 days now and I've even switched regions and it says the same thing. I know my internet works so i dont know why.

When you go to log back in under the drop down menu it will give you three options, Last Place, Home or Region. click region then type in Debug for Debog region or type in Da boom then log in to one of those areas.

10 minutes ago, LengendaryKb said:

Try turning off your router/modem and PC then let it sit for 10 minutes before turning it back on again.  Then open the viewer without logging in and go to HELP - ABOUT in the viewer and paste all the details here.  It might help us diagnose your issue (which is not a ban but more likely a connection issue)  

Edited by Cindy Evanier
typo
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sassy Kenin said:

When you go to log back in under the drop down menu it will give you three options, Last Place, Home or Region. click region then type in Debug for Debog region or type in Da boom then log in to one of those areas.

thank you soo much! it worked!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Try turning off your router/modem and PC then let it sit for 10 minutes before turning it back on again.  Then open the viewer without logging in and go to HELP - ABOUT in the viewer and paste all the details here.  It might help us diagnose your issue (which is not a ban but more likely a connection issue)  

thank you!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.