Axel Naxos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1302 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello people! Is there any way to prevent, prohibit, an avatar from logging into our land, other than at Landpoint?
For example, avatars that log in always in front of the Raffle board!
Is there a way to ban this?
Is it possible to make the avatar obey Landpoint?
Thank you for your help!

sounds like people logging in their alt/bot accounts to enter your raffle and then logging them off

is no way to prevent viewer login to: My last location, when the avatar/account is permitted by the parcel owner to be on the land

only way you can stop this completely, is to ban the accounts from your land. Then when they login they will get routed to a Infohub

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

sounds like people logging in their alt/bot accounts to enter your raffle and then logging them off

is no way to prevent viewer login to: My last location, when the avatar/account is permitted by the parcel owner to be on the land

only way you can stop this completely, is to ban the accounts from your land. Then when they login they will get routed to a Infohub

Yep, if you log in to last location, their land controls won't alter that.

Its kinda funny sometimes when you log out in someone's bed. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Axel Naxos said:

Hello people! Is there any way to prevent, prohibit, an avatar from logging into our land, other than at Landpoint?
For example, avatars that log in always in front of the Raffle board!
Is there a way to ban this?
Is it possible to make the avatar obey Landpoint?
Thank you for your help!

Perhaps the raffle board on your land is the only thing of interest to them. I much prefer teleporting directly to the item that holds my interest rather than having to walk clear across the sim to find it. At least I'm not clogging up the LP while I'm waiting for things to rez or taking my business elsewhere.

/me adds this to the list of places to avoid 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

From personal experience last night, I logged out at one point on a sim and when I  logged back in I was outside the main parcel.

So yes, you can prevent last location login apparently.

This is from the about land / options

settings.png

Yes, but it would also block all teleports, so it might not be the solution he wants.

"Blocked prevents any attempt to teleport to your parcel. Any Resident who tries to teleport onto your land is diverted to the nearest available parcel instead." (From the Managing your Parcel KB article)

Another not too effective way would be to put an utterly annoying landing point avatar mover thingy (I have no idea how those are called), but a big one, which would gently (not) move them to a significant distance from your raffle board. Or set up a big rotating device that would swing around constantly, and scoop out anyone standing under it.

Otherwise, some people have a lifestyle out of having 20 or more alts just to camp at raffle / midnight mania boards until they get what they want. They either go elsewhere with the alts once they get what they want at yours (for all the alts, of course), or you ban them one by one, or you shut down the board. Or you can just ignore them as well, that's about just as effective in this case.

1 hour ago, AlettaMondragon said:

Yes, but it would also block all teleports, so it might not be the solution he wants.

"Blocked prevents any attempt to teleport to your parcel. Any Resident who tries to teleport onto your land is diverted to the nearest available parcel instead." (From the Managing your Parcel KB article)

Another not too effective way would be to put an utterly annoying landing point avatar mover thingy (I have no idea how those are called), but a big one, which would gently (not) move them to a significant distance from your raffle board. Or set up a big rotating device that would swing around constantly, and scoop out anyone standing under it.

Otherwise, some people have a lifestyle out of having 20 or more alts just to camp at raffle / midnight mania boards until they get what they want. They either go elsewhere with the alts once they get what they want at yours (for all the alts, of course), or you ban them one by one, or you shut down the board. Or you can just ignore them as well, that's about just as effective in this case.

That is the answer to his problem them. All he has to do is subdivide the part of his parcel that the raffle board sits on, say 20 m by 20 m,  and block teleporting to that parcel. Anyone wanting to use the board has to walk in or cam in, but either way, they won't be logging in right in front of the board.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

the main issue is the use of bot programs

if we change the location of the board then is best to also change the name of the board and re-rez it so that it has a different uuid. When we don't do this then is trivial for a bot program to find the board and click it no matter where on the region/parcel it is

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1302 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.