Jump to content
  • 0

Non stop Harassement on second life


whiwendy
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey, I have a problem who is a breach of TOS guidelines, a group of people have decided to make my life on second life awkward, by divulging false informations about my real life outside the virtual world, they found a way to track my movement online and are harassing me by telling other people gross things about me, and it seems that they may well pretend to be what they are not and ppl do seems to endorse what they are telling them. I feel that this group are revealing my location, name, what I may look like and other things that are private or false to make sure ppl have doubt about my intentions,  when they get to a place where I am people seems to leave and go after 10mn of their arrival,  they use to push me  and trying to spam where I was to make me crash, it has been 3 years now that they go everywhere I am on second life and they mostly have black avatars aka black ppl, it is important to say that I have quit the game for 2 years prior to this harassement, I need to know what I can legally do, cuz they find ways to either create new avatars after I have block them or find people to do their dirty work by giving them lindens, I need to be monitor or advice on what the right course of action is, it has to stop, so help me plz..!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 3
13 minutes ago, whiwendy said:

Hey, I have a problem who is a breach of TOS guidelines, a group of people have decided to make my life on second life awkward, by divulging false informations about my real life outside the virtual world, they found a way to track my movement online and are harassing me by telling other people gross things about me, and it seems that they may well pretend to be what they are not and ppl do seems to endorse what they are telling them. I feel that this group are revealing my location, name, what I may look like and other things that are private or false to make sure ppl have doubt about my intentions,  when they get to a place where I am people seems to leave and go after 10mn of their arrival,  they use to push me  and trying to spam where I was to make me crash, it has been 3 years now that they go everywhere I am on second life and they mostly have black avatars aka black ppl, it is important to say that I have quit the game for 2 years prior to this harassement, I need to know what I can legally do, cuz they find ways to either create new avatars after I have block them or find people to do their dirty work by giving them lindens, I need to be monitor or advice on what the right course of action is, it has to stop, so help me plz..!!

Well, the first thing you need to do is "Slow down and Breathe".  The whole block of words gives the impression you are writing them while running a marathon.

Then, Abuse Report every incident that happens, giving very clear information.
Continue to block people. 
Make sure you are not wearing anything that someone gave you - it might contain a tracking device / script.
Hard as it sounds, you probably need to find new places to hangout AND new people to hang out with.  

Rinse/repeat.

Side note:  I can think of no reason why you thought you needed to say "they mostly have black avatars aka black ppl", other than for racist reasons.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2
19 minutes ago, whiwendy said:

Hey, I have a problem who is a breach of TOS guidelines, a group of people have decided to make my life on second life awkward, by divulging false informations about my real life outside the virtual world, they found a way to track my movement online and are harassing me by telling other people gross things about me, and it seems that they may well pretend to be what they are not and ppl do seems to endorse what they are telling them. I feel that this group are revealing my location, name, what I may look like and other things that are private or false to make sure ppl have doubt about my intentions,  when they get to a place where I am people seems to leave and go after 10mn of their arrival,  they use to push me  and trying to spam where I was to make me crash, it has been 3 years now that they go everywhere I am on second life and they mostly have black avatars aka black ppl, it is important to say that I have quit the game for 2 years prior to this harassement, I need to know what I can legally do, cuz they find ways to either create new avatars after I have block them or find people to do their dirty work by giving them lindens, I need to be monitor or advice on what the right course of action is, it has to stop, so help me plz..!!

Nothing anyone here can do for you except giving you the same advice @LittleMe Jewelldid.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Revealing real life information about a person, defamation (giving out false information about a person) and harassment are all Terms of Service violations.  In addition to blocking people who do this, submit an Abuse Report each time this occurs (Help\Report Abuse in your viewer menu).  Be sure to reference previous reports, to help establish a pattern of harassment.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • -1
20 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Revealing real life information about a person, defamation (giving out false information about a person) and harassment are all Terms of Service violations.  In addition to blocking people who do this, submit an Abuse Report each time this occurs (Help\Report Abuse in your viewer menu).  Be sure to reference previous reports, to help establish a pattern of harassment.

Thanks a lot, I'll look into it..!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • -4
15 hours ago, belindacarson said:

Was there any need to give the poster a lecture? You're not the SL morality police you know despite you thinking you are.

 

Op - send abuse reports on each episode that happens, the more reports made, the closer governance will look

 

 

Tyvm for yur understanding and yur time and Im really sorry yu had to go through this sort of patronizing afterward. It's clear to say that yu know what itis like to be the victim of crimes, it's horrible and the prevention is better than the cure. Thanks I did not mean to sound like that cuz I certainly is not a racist, the profile picture RL of those offenders were that way..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • -3
20 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, the first thing you need to do is "Slow down and Breathe".  The whole block of words gives the impression you are writing them while running a marathon.

Then, Abuse Report every incident that happens, giving very clear information.
Continue to block people. 
Make sure you are not wearing anything that someone gave you - it might contain a tracking device / script.
Hard as it sounds, you probably need to find new places to hangout AND new people to hang out with.  

Rinse/repeat.

Side note:  I can think of no reason why you thought you needed to say "they mostly have black avatars aka black ppl", other than for racist reasons.

I dont think this is accurate but have yu ever been the victim of crime ? well, yu heart will race after it occurred and it's an horrible feeling !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • -3
17 hours ago, AdminGirl said:

@whiwendyHave you tried using an alt for a while until they lose interest in harassing you? Not that this is a real solution but it could be an alternative for you to still enjoy sl without being griefed.

No I haven't but I really appreciate the suggestion, Thanks a lot.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1
4 hours ago, whiwendy said:

I dont think this is accurate but have yu ever been the victim of crime ? well, yu heart will race after it occurred and it's an horrible feeling !

I have been the victim of RL crime.  And I was worthless to the police for giving solid accurate info until I calmed down a bit.  I couldn't even talk coherently until my breathing stabilized a bit, rather than gasping as if I'd just run a marathon.

NOTHING in SL compares, because NOTHING in SL can really hurt you (other than your feelings, maybe)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2
3 hours ago, whiwendy said:

Actually this is why yu  do look like a bully, if yu do not have anything to say why come and harass people online who are looking for solutions? For yur infos I clearly spell it out for ya, THEY WERE BLACK AVATARS not BLACK PEOPLE... In my opinion you are an antagonist, yu come in the forum to FUEL instead of helping, this is why I have reported yu..!!! 

But what does them being BLACK AVATARS have to do with any of it.  Their avatar color does not make them a bully.  There was no reason at all to mention skin color -- whether you were talking about avatar skin color or RL skin color.

USUALLY, the only people that bring up skin color are the ones that ASSUME that black skinned people are automatically bullies, or at the very least, "less than" white skin folks in some way

 

ETA:  If it was me that you reported, for calling you out on mentioning the black skin, you will find that LL will do nothing because I have not violated any rules or guidelines.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2
On 9/26/2020 at 10:43 AM, whiwendy said:

they mostly have black avatars aka black ppl,

Yeah you did say black people.  AKA stands for Also Known As...black people.  Seems pretty clearly spelled out to me.

 

5 hours ago, whiwendy said:

For yur infos I clearly spell it out for ya, THEY WERE BLACK AVATARS not BLACK PEOPLE...

 

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...